View Poll Results: Shall the candidate be awarded Citizenship?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 91.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Artifex] QuintusSertorius (Patron: PikeStance)

Default [Artifex] QuintusSertorius (Patron: PikeStance)

QuintusSertorius For Artifex | Patron: ♔PikeStance♔

Please allow me to introduce to you a very special modder within the Total War community. His name is QuintusSertorius and he is the heart and soul of one of the biggest and highly reputable mod, Europa Barbarorum II. I first came across Quintus when I was working with the Modding Award Community and noticed a large number of nomination for "Most Popular Modder." He was voted runners-up in 2016 for the 2014 year*. I would later learn from other modders that he was the "front man for Europa Barbarorum II. I was unfortunately, it took awhile for me to finally PM him. At first, he wasn't too sure about citizenship. We have a very protracted discussion about it, what it means, etc... Of course, real life interrupted. So, today, after several months, we are ready to apply for his citizenship.

While out discussions were taking place, I had an opportunity to peruse the EBII threads and noticed a member with excellent interpersonal skills. His communication skills are excellent dealing with players who are perhaps frustrated that their favorite mod is not working as it should. I could link examples, but anything I link would be a bit dull, but I know how the Curia can be, so here are some examples. (here, here, here, and here). I would invite to visit the forum yourself, you will come to the same conclusion as I did. (See link in the applicant paragraph).

Quintus is scripter and editor. This is extremely tedious and time-consuming work. Since much of his work is hidden behind the development team's forum, I ask for some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata
    In terms of what roles QuintusSertorious fulfills, I would say Quintus has been fairly crucial for the "skeleton" of the mod over the past few years, mostly being involved in coding and scripting. He has taken responsibility for juggling hidden_resources and building trees into a dynamic unit recruitment system, as well as often having been the guy who actually got the units into the build itself. But really, he's dabbled in a lot of things not directly tied to creating art asset.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3n
    QuintusSertorious is Opifex quality no doubt from my perspective. In fact, he is probably beyond that. A comparable example to demonstrate his dedication is Hyrule total wars creator UndyingNephalim. He is on that level of magnitude. You can access all of QS's work in the EB forum although many of the release threads are buried or overwritten basically any code you look at in the public releases have a direct connection to something he has done himself even my AI work we had done in concert working across multiple files (he was the EDB EDU Descr Strat and campaign script). He has written so many lines of code I've lost count, it must be in the order of a hundred thousand or more. He is, in fact, integral to the development of EB2 and has been for quite some time.

Additionally, he shared his knowledge in the Mod workshop as well. See link below in the applicant's paragraph.
    As you can see he has both the respect and admiration of his co-workers. I can confirm through my numerous discussions with him that he is genuinely a nice person to communicate with.

Apart from Modding, Quintus has tried his hand at writing AARs, though not the creative type, it is greatly appreciated for quality. Here are his AARs
    Romani It began on seven hills
    Heirs-to-Lysimachos
    Epeiros-Pergamon Philetairos-Gift

One last interesting contribution is the Guide to Conduct Becoming of a True Roman. It is a must read, more importantly, member seem to like it as well.

There you have it a gift modder who is dedicated and a highly inspirational and committed leader of one of the most respect mods on the forum. Please read my client's words. If his co-workers and my words were not enough to convince you, then hear his words. They will undoubtedly convince you of his merits.

Salve!

I've been a member of TWC since 2008, originally joining to discuss EB1 (a mod for RTW), which was my first window onto the world of total conversion modifications for games. I progressed from player to bit-part modder, creating my own submods for EB1 and writing a guide that's become quite well known for historical progression in RTR and EB1, and writing some AARs that were well-received (for example It began on seven hills). With time, I dropped out of active engagement as my interest in the RTW engine waned, returning when I had a rig capable of playing M2TW. I had a copy of the Gold Edition of M2TW sitting in a draw, unopened (still in it's cellophane wrapper), for years until that occurred!

When that happened I starting playing EBII with v2.01. Unable to resist tinkering with things, I started submodding, collecting a set of unit stat alterations with QWE_asd (now also a team member), which got the attention of the EBII team. I was invited to join the EBII team, helping out Ibrahim with unit stats and implementing a whole host of changes to the combat balance. Once I joined the team, my responsibilities rapidly expanded beyond simply editing/updating unit stats. I branched out into unit recruitment, the initial game setup, scripting events and much more. That co-operation with the team took in the release of v2.2b and most recently v2.3. I also took on moderation responsibilities on TWC, which went alongside a lot of the public-facing activity I was already doing.

My contributions to TWC are largely visible in the EBII forum. This comprises the main stickied threads, for all release-related queries, any FAQs , also handling suggestions from the fanbase and any queries relating to our social media prescence. If you click on the summary of replies for any of those, you'll find my posts in the majority (which are also the source of the bulk of my Reputation comments). Same goes for responding to technical queries in our bugs/technical issues subforum, and the major threads in the Guides/AAR subforum like reform requirements and governments/colonies. Lastly, I've released my own submod for EBII as well.

I also do a lot of the fan-engagement activity on TWC, The Org, moddb and Facebook. I managed the lengthy playtest-feedback-bug-fixing cycle with z3n, in advance of the release of v2.3. I'd put that activity down to the reason I won a 2014 Modding Award. Evidence of those skills and support of the wider community are visible on the Mod Workshop, in threads such as this and this and this and this.

I love modding, there's something about teaching yourself an entirely new skillset (I work in IT, but in an entirely non-technical role) to apply to a tangible product that other people can enjoy that is really fulfilling. I spend a lot more time messing with code than I do actually playing games. EBII was what brought me to TWC and what continues to bring me back. It remains our most important platform for engaging with our fan base and recruiting new team members. It's also an invaluable resource for learning new techniques in modding and getting ideas on how to solve the myriad problems which arise. Thus having an input into the policies which shape the discussions we have is an important thing to me, something I'd be unable to do without being a Citizen.

Thanks for your time,
    QuintusSertorius

So, my fellow Citizens, should we make QuintusSertorius a Citizen of TWC? Should we recognize his talent and skill as an Artifex? In my humble opinion, there is only one answer to this question. His words speak volume, his actions speaks volume, his co-workers speak volume. They all respond with one answer.

Thank you on behalf of myself and my client for your kind attention.
    Pike

Last edited by PikeStance; April 10, 2018 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Formatting...sigh

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Artifex] QuintusSertorius (Patron: PikeStance)

Very easy support.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Likewise....Support!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I'm surprised he has not been patronized before, having a long history on TWC. Overwhelming modding contributions, perhaps even worthy of a higher award. Good people skills and another obvious skill in putting pen to paper. Support.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Shouldnt he have the 10year award medal too?

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Shouldnt he have the 10year award medal too?
    Not quite there yet. He needs just a couple of posts more, then he'll get it.

Also, support

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Well, dip me in molasses and call me a Louisiana badger. Where do you keep finding them?

Easy support
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

That's the biggest Total War Center surprise i had for many months. I know QuintusSertorius around January 2015 time that i joined EB II team. If i could describe only in one phrase Quintus revitalized EB II. Before him EB II lacked one person not exactly leader but let's say very good manager. And Quintus is exactly this, he organized many aspects of EB II in order to be today one of the best and most popular Medieval 2 Kingdoms mods. I knew that the only reason he didn't gained his Artifex until now although he could since maybe 2016 is because he never chase it. But times change so it's a good timing to take the well deserved Artifex.
    As an Opifex i can ensure Curia that Quintus is 100% Artifex material.
    Big Support.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Thats the kind of application where I can with minimal hesitation declare my SUPPORT. More than enough modding contributions to warrant the artifex
    Last edited by Jadli; April 10, 2018 at 02:45 PM.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Well, the only reason not supporting his artifex application would be supporting him for optifex. So absolute support.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Support.*

*For the record I don't consider winning site competitions to be a contribution to TWC

Just as an FYI,
    The format for my applications is this...I introduce the applicant by describing how I discovered the individual. Then I explain why I am impressed with him to patronize him. It is here where I specially discuss his contribution and attitude.
    The applicant then goes into further detail about his contribution. Additionally, the applicant will explain how he arrived at TWC and why he wants to be a citizen.
    Lastly, I conclude the application.

It is my intention to make my part sound like a speech as if I am addressing people of Rome (Curia), but I am not a creative writer and that is probably lost in translation.

Appreciating the comments!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

LOL, wasn't even aware that he wasn't a citizen. Been working with him on the EBII project for quite a while now. Support for a number of reasons.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Support.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

very easy support not only for the work he has done but especially because he shares his knowledge on the workshop where people like me benefit from
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Personally I'm still rooting for an Opifex to be awarded to him.
    Support (perhaps obviously)
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Poll added

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Broken Nails
    Broken String
    Broken Hearts
    Broken Dreams
    Voted

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Voted

Voted and all that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast