Default Re: Are you pre-ordering?

I've only ever preordered witcher 3.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

I will probably order it anyway, but first I want to see something more than just artwork and Trailer.

EDIT: Dunno what I was thinking. Wrong place. Was thinking about Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia
    Nah, and not going to buy it, unless its on a huge sale. 40€ too much for it. It look it would be worth of 20€ at best.
    Last edited by Gronndar; February 28, 2018 at 04:59 PM.

Senator

Depends on the playable factions and the units, as well as the way they make the 2d art. If there are also several non-Chinese units and a more or less realistic 2d art, I will most probably preorder.

I wont be pre ordering due to R2 debacle. a Lesson learned.

Absolutely. I want CA to make a lot of content for this game, including updates and DLCs. I believe that preorders are an early signal that there is sufficient demand to merit dedicating more people to that pipeline.

Well, I haven't seen any game content. TBH, I wasn't thinking of buying Thrones of Britannia, but after seeing the previews, I will be buying it. For financial reasons, I do not think I will pre-order, but things change. May 3rd is a long way off.
    We should revisit this question once we have seen some content and an actual release date is announced.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I wont preoder it. I learned my lesson with Rome 2.
    Seconded that. Rome 2 TW was my first and ever pre-order, but after the fiasko never again I will pre-order a TW game.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

If the buggy games bother you, then pre-ordering is not an option for you. In this day in age, there is little incentive for developer/ publishers to withhold games for thorough testing. I am also convinced like Paradox, other gaming companies will follow a similar model of releasing unpolished games in which a clear vision of extension of the title has already been laid out. Financially, is the 10% worth being a 'tester" for CA? How bad do you want the game? For me, it comes down to discount to bug fix ratio relative to the later discounts that CA/ steam offers.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

I might preorder. But that depends if I get a new graphic card or not. My 780ti is getting a bit old. Also need new thermal paste for my CPU. Its getting fukin hot lol.

There is no way I'll pre-order another CA-game. It is also doubtful that I will buy this game at all. The setting doesn't interest me and I dislike both Shogun 2 and Rome 2 extensively.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Come to think of it my computer probably isn't good enough to run this on decent settings.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Actually performance is my last problem. WH1+2 are in comparison with Attila and R2 running pretty smoothly. I have still problems in Empire long sieges, in Attila but nver in WHs. So while 3K will be probably more demanding I´m not fearing it at all..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

After seeing that gameplay trailer... no.

The current information about the game drives me faaaaar away from doing so. Probably I'll pick it in a couple of years when I find it very cheap, only after good historical overhaul mods are ready to play. Meanwhile I'll play Attila mods.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

CA specified it is historic on their web site. Now they are saying we have two options. I have to see some classic game play if I am going to pre-order. Silly me for even starting the thread.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Of course not. The whole pre-order concept in the gaming business is anti-customer, as the customer takes all the risks and the company all the benefits. That's not how fair trades work. Plus, everyone who was around during Rome 2's release days and still pre-orders TW games is just asking to be lied to and milked. A wise man doesn't make the same mistake twice. And frankly, I don't pay full price for games, I think that's stupid. I buy the whole package (including dlcs and expansions) at a ridiculous low price, when all the patches are done as well.

But specifically about 3K, judging by what CA has revealed so far, I'm not interested even in buying it at all. If CA surprises us with some awesome footage from the classic mode we'll talk again, but until then meh. It's one thing to have a fantasy setting for a TW game, but a completely different story to have fantasy gameplay for a TW game. It looks like CA has chosen to include fantasy gameplay in 3K and I'm not interested in that at all, I like TW games realistic, especially the "historical" ones.

Really, CA mess up big times when they act half and half on this, they clearly follow the Romance more than the Chronicles, they should have called this a HISTORICAL FANTASY game (i.e. what Romance of the 3 Kingdoms really are) and focus on that matter, make it big, flashy like ROTK should be.

If they really want a historical chinese game, the Warring States period might have been a better fit since it's less romanticized. The mainstream audience (even the chinese) do not know or care about the true version of 3 Kingdoms, I mean my family worships the deitified version of Guan Yu for christ sake.

To be on topic, nope, I don't pre-order, only buy if it's a worthy game.

As I said in other thread, if I want to stay positive, I'll hope that the future "recycled" games made out of 3k might be what us historical gamers want. Maybe then will I open my wallet.

I'd really love to play a historical and multiethnical total war in the far east, specially Mongol invasion of China. That would be a true historical total war.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast