Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2a is released!

Now when i installed when starting campaign my loading screen crashed with fatal graphics error is that normal? After reinstal still can't build Confederation it just not there. I'm lost completely, And my load times are slower think when i had like turn 60 i had 1 min trun end times.. And when i install the game i have 2 steam launcher icons apear on my desktop
    Last edited by bordinis; June 07, 2016 at 10:34 AM.

Civis

Help! I have downloaded 2.2 to my desktop from every one of the links, multiple times. Every time I get 3 bin files, but no downloader and no EBII.exe. Norton Antivirus is turned off, but it has never been an issue before.

I have 7zip. My game is on a different drive than program files, but that shouldn't matter here, as I have not even gotten to installation. I am not a newbie to mods. I have played many M2TW mods, including EBII. A file search shows no EBII.exe on my computer.

Why the campaign and battle difficulty change names in 2.2a patch,now is very easy、easy、medium、challenging.

Foederatus

So hoplitai (i got them from Histria) have no abilities from now on and and their prower is cut in half?
    Also, the Esseda at Sarmiszegethusa cannot be recruit after some time?

Quote Originally Posted by pericol View Post
    So hoplitai (i got them from Histria) have no abilities from now on and and their prower is cut in half?
    If you're referring to the nonsense that appears on the unit card, then I guess, yes.

If you look at their actual stats, on the other hand:

Code:
    ; COMMENTS              Hoplitai (Hellenistic Classical Hoplites) / Unit ID 306 / Start exp: 0 / Refr rate: 0,044 / Pool cap: 6
    type                    hellenistic infantry hoplitai
    dictionary              hellenistic_infantry_hoplitai
    category                infantry
    class                   spearmen
    voice_type              Heavy
    accent                  West_Greek
    banner faction          main_spear
    banner holy             crusade
    soldier                 hoplitai, 64, 0, 1.2, 0.2
    officer                 epilektoi_hoplitai
    officer                 officer_hellenic_standardbearer
    attributes              sea_faring, hide_forest, free_upkeep_unit, can_withdraw, power_charge, rehire_hoplite
    move_speed_mod          0.83
    formation               0.93, 1.13, 1.86, 2.03, 8, square
    stat_health             1, 5
    stat_pri                8, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr           light_spear, spear_bonus_4
    stat_sec                0, 0, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, piercing, none, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr           no
    stat_pri_armour         7, 5, 6, metal
    stat_sec_armour         0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat               4
    stat_ground             -4, -1, -4, -5
    stat_mental             6, normal, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist        14
    stat_fire_delay         0
    stat_food               60, 300
    stat_cost               1, 3000, 375, 75, 150, 1500, 6, 375
    stat_stl                8
    armour_ug_levels        0
    armour_ug_models        hoplitai
    ownership               f_rome, f_carthage, f_makedonia, f_epeiros, f_kh, f_seleukid, f_ptolemaioi, f_baktria, f_hayasdan, f_pontos, f_parthia, f_aedui, f_arverni, f_casse, f_lusotannan, f_sweboz, f_getai, f_saba, f_saka, f_sauromatae, f_numidia, f_pergamon, f_gandhara, f_lugia, f_bosporan, f_arevaci, f_boii, f_nabatu, slave, f_bellouakoi
    era 0                   f_makedonia, f_epeiros, f_kh, f_seleukid, f_ptolemaioi, f_pergamon, f_bosporan, f_pontos
    era 1                   f_makedonia, f_epeiros, f_kh, f_seleukid, f_ptolemaioi, f_pergamon, f_bosporan, f_pontos
    era 2                   f_makedonia, f_epeiros, f_kh, f_seleukid, f_ptolemaioi, f_pergamon, f_bosporan, f_pontos, f_nabatu
    ;info_pic_dir            f_all
    ;card_pic_dir            f_all
    recruit_priority_offset 75
    power_charge means their charge value applies for a lot longer, which is better than a big number that disappears almost immediately. Otherwise, they haven't been meaningfully changed.

Quote Originally Posted by pericol View Post
    Also, the Esseda at Sarmiszegethusa cannot be recruit after some time?
    Yep, they disappear with the Celtic Riders reform.

Is someone facing crashes when entering any battle on Linux ? I don't know if that's a problem with the port by Feral Interactive, but I'm not able to make the game print to the log file either.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I still recommend H/M, z3n says H/H.
    So, at the risk of asking a silly question, do you mean Challenging/Average (what would have been VH/H, if E/M/H/VH was still the 4 options), or Average/Easy (what would have been H/M)?

i noticed problem with skelet of foot officers in battle( played some randoms with Agrokunoi) and they fighting air. will add screenshot.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Ok guys, let's make it clear. The third one from the top for CAI and BAI levels

Quote Originally Posted by Thuycidides View Post
    (2.02a) Oh my god, that is the worst file hosting site I've ever seen. Whoever uses it should do a virus and malware sweep of their machine. Seriously, I love what you guys are doing with EBII, but don't put my $1000 investment at risk.
    The dropbox version is okay. No red flags.

btw just now i realised there are death sounds from brave hearth lol gj

Quote Originally Posted by Bitiquinhus View Post
    Is someone facing crashes when entering any battle on Linux ? I don't know if that's a problem with the port by Feral Interactive, but I'm not able to make the game print to the log file either.
    Oh, found the solution on another thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for this wonderful mod !!

Yes. That was one of the changes in the patch, rebalancing Roman refresh rates.
    sorry, wouldnt that defeat the purpose of decreasing the unit size? triarii (and equites) were recruited from a more limited pool than the rest. decreasing the unit size but doubling the refresh rate would not reflected this fact well imho, and would only present their battlefield numbers but not the overall (limited) availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    sorry, wouldnt that defeat the purpose of decreasing the unit size? triarii (and equites) were recruited from a more limited pool than the rest. decreasing the unit size but doubling the refresh rate would not reflected this fact well imho, and would only present their battlefield numbers but not the overall (limited) availability.
    Depends on where the new refresh rate is set. If rpeviously they refresehd slower now they can refresh as fast as the other roman units because at the same refresh rate you are getting half the numbers. So it would make sense because you will be able to produce any kind of maniple at the same rate with the numbers accounting for the difference.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Is there any info on Celtic Riders Reform? I also couldn't find anything related to celtic reforms except pritanoi government thing.

In case this hasn't been mentioned, I got a "fatal graphics error". I then moved everything from high to medium and it worked. Now, as I recall when installing, there is a file for graphic enhancement. Am I wrong in thinking that this would enable us to push the graphics limit?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Bitiquinhus View Post
    Oh, found the solution on another thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for this wonderful mod !!
    I completely forgot about getting the Linux specific instructions in, I'll get those together later.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Campidoctor

If you're referring to the nonsense that appears on the unit card, then I guess, yes.
    So uhh.... are all the unit cards nonrepresentational "nonsense", or is this relegated to this one specific unit? Also, what the hooey? Why are unit cards nonsense? There's always been far too much internal strife....

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

I have the Steam version, so I installed EB2 in C:\Steam library\steamapps\common. However, the launcher looks for the game in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common. How do I change the directory for the launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    Depends on where the new refresh rate is set. If rpeviously they refresehd slower now they can refresh as fast as the other roman units because at the same refresh rate you are getting half the numbers. So it would make sense because you will be able to produce any kind of maniple at the same rate with the numbers accounting for the difference.
    Jervaj has the right of it. All the units now have an equal refresh (Triarii used to have half that of other units), but each point of Triarii grants a unit half the size of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Is there any info on Celtic Riders Reform? I also couldn't find anything related to celtic reforms except pritanoi government thing.
    It's a new feature, not sure if Mantaprey has caught up with it yet.

If you fight at least 5 medium-sized (ie more than enemy 8 units) battles against certain settled factions, it triggers. The fallback is randomly between 260BC and 250BC.

It makes chariots disappear, and you get recruitable heavy cavalry and slingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    So uhh.... are all the unit cards nonrepresentational "nonsense", or is this relegated to this one specific unit? Also, what the hooey? Why are unit cards nonsense? There's always been far too much internal strife....
    The unit cards that appear in the game, just like the building cards, have hardcoded displays (ie the game chooses what to tell you about a unit from it's rather eccentric reading of the EDU/EDB). Which report complete garbage, like saying heavy cavalry is "fast moving" when it isn't. It's also why we had to find a workaround for building cards displaying negative capabilities, because apparently it never occurred to CA that you might want to use it.