Page 62 of 164 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667686970717287112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 3265

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - Dwarves of Khazâd-dûm preview released 28th Sept

Nice preview! Those Ered luin spearmen have beautiful shields!

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - Dwarves of Khazâd-dûm preview released 28th Sept

Absolute Awesomeness!!Great Job guys!!Gearing up for a Beta!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Drorin View Post
    Finally a mod without crossbows! Great job with these units
    Quote Originally Posted by Δriël View Post
    OMG........ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL !!!! and there is no preview without Ariel being present haha. Great job guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Nice preview! Those Ered luin spearmen have beautiful shields!
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJaikishan View Post
    Absolute Awesomeness!!Great Job guys!!Gearing up for a Beta!
    Thanks for the support

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

Cool preview, nice work guys

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

Awesome preview! Great job guys!

Quote Originally Posted by assurbanippal View Post
    Cool preview, nice work guys
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Awesome preview! Great job guys!
    Will make Curufin extra glad

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Awesomeness!!!

You have read this article about the period over which the mod treated? It's written by Michael Martínez and, in my opinion, it's a good collection of data relating to this period, all narrated in a great story, adding pausible things:

http://middle-earth.xenite.org/2012/...nd-men-part-1/
    Last edited by Drorin; September 30, 2014 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Will make Curufin extra glad
    Indeed it does

Although I should reiterate that this is a huge team effort, and everyone else probably works far harder then me!

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    Awesomeness!!!
    Cheers dude!

You have read this article about the period over which the mod treated? It's written by Michael Martínez and, in my opinion, it's a good collection of data relating to this period, all narrated in a great story, adding pausible things:

Was actually an interesting read, thanks man!

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

OMG great work on the Kingdom of Khazâd-dûm

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

the only complain I have about this mod: when you have such a high expectancy, it becomes impossible to bear the wait for the release

One day we will see
    the release that might be
    and the Ferrit that brings

fun, exchitement and glee!

I really look forward to try and review this mod gents, many congrats to everybody involved
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    the only complain I have about this mod: when you have such a high expectancy, it becomes impossible to bear the wait for the release

One day we will see
    the release that might be
    and the Ferrit that brings

fun, exchitement and glee!

I really look forward to try and review this mod gents, many congrats to everybody involved
    Same feeling here man!
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Nice work laddies.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

I have a question, you are going to add the map of FireFreak at some point, or that would take a lot of work?

I say it because this map is much lorefriendly than vanilla.
    Last edited by Drorin; October 01, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    Nice work laddies.
    Thanks!

I have a question, you are going to add the map of Juan at some point, or that would take a lot of work?

I say it because this map is much lorefriendly than vanilla.
    Assume you mean DaC hehe; no, we will not use it. That because I deem it A LOT less lore accurate. It is more correct in the geographical borders but what regions and content concern it is certainly not. The known settlements in ME are few and the DaC adds a ton of fan fiction settlements, which to me is a greater breach against lore than if the distance between existing places are tweaked.
    Neither do I like it demand settlements that can't be upgraded just to balance the fact that it add all those invented regions, then I prefere the vanilla balance.

Hahaha yes! Google Translator and my memori xDD

Edit it haha

I understand. I agree with you on the issue of invented settlements, but the geography is well above. It's shame to lose geography accurace, but you're right in what you say.
    Last edited by Drorin; October 01, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

Yeah, DaC map is only good for DaC anyway, where the sheer number of factions requires the extra settlements... in MOS 1.6.2 it's rubbish though, you end up with overextended campaigns and long fights against super-factions.

Also, love the way this mod is looking! Can't decide between the Northern Hill-men, the Silvans, Khazad-Dum and Harad as my first faction to try Or hell - play ALL the factions! Good luck with the continued work!

meh

Great job and great preview

Quote Originally Posted by salzella View Post
    Also, love the way this mod is looking! Can't decide between the Northern Hill-men, the Silvans, Khazad-Dum and Harad as my first faction to try Or hell - play ALL the factions! Good luck with the continued work!
    I hope you'll have fun kicking butt with all of them

@ Drorin
    I'm sure someone will make a submod adding the DaC-map at some point

Had not read it; seems a decent sum up at a glance. Not completly accurate on all points, though it do not argue to be.
    Some points I can note, simply from the first page;

- This war did certainly not rival the War of Wrath. That was a war over 48 years involving lots of Ainur, wills of Valar, hosts of immense numbers and recreated the form of the world; that made Beleriand, a massive part of the continent, to sink under the sea after all. The Last Alliance can't compair to that.
    - "Most of the Elven lords" is to disregard Celerimbor when it concern Sauron's scheme. As fars as we know only Gil-galad, Elrond and Galadriel mistrusted Sauron, their subject lords apperently obeyed but we can not reasonably assume they mistrusted Sauron, and it was not Celebrimbor alone but all smiths in Eregion who welcomed Sauron.
    - Dunedain began making settlements in Middle-earth ca 500 years before the first war against Sauron (also noted in Appendix B).
    - Dunedain in Middle-earth had aligned to Sauron long before Sauron came to Numenor.
    - Arnor was not stronger than Gondor as far as we know, on the opposit as far as we know Gondor had much more people, Dunedain and partly Dunedain, lived in Gondor than in Arnor; Arnor's advantage was that Mordor had not it's and allies armies on it's border. Gondor's people however did not come mostly from the Dunedain, they mostly were natives.
    - The Dunedain had good reasons to build Isengard and the Hornburg to protect against the east, it was the most reaosnable way for Mordor to reach Eriador which it had invaded once already. We are never told they cared for the Wildmen of Enedwaith as a relevant threat.
    - Gil-galad for sure may seemed weak but indeed he sent out forces when Sauron invaded, under Elrond; they were pushed back and created Rivendell. However I do not know why the author credit Gil-galad for the strategy that the Numenoreans applied.
    - I'm not sure to credit Cirdan being the only Sindar lord to ally against Morgoth (even if the only for lord of a realm to act accordingly); Thingol was close to the house of Finarfin and Mablund who seemingly was a high Sindar lord who, together with Beleg, fought in the Fifth Battle. Nice to see good credits to Cirdan none the less, he's one of my favourites.
    - Elrond was 13 years when the War of Wrath began, and we have no actual example of him participating in the War of Wrath. That he would been granted wisdom or skills from Eonwe is unheard of.
    - Isildur being rash migth be true, not heard of it before. That his keep was assulted make sense, it was closest to Mordor and guarded the second way into Mordor (beside the one that went trough the Black Gate), so it did not require any other reason, as Sauron assulted Gondor.
    - To claim that the leader of the Longbeard's at this time was either Durin IV or Durin V is strictly incorrect. Fact is that we only know about Durin III and Durin VI of the 'reincarnations', that either Durin IV or V lived during the war of the Last Alliance is pure specualtion. DCI:LA use Durin IV as leader at start but again, it's an artistic choice, not based on anything Tolkien wrote.
    Also it is incorrect to claim that the Longbeards of Khazâd-dûm, who are known as Durin's folk weither a Durin is alive at the moment or not, or any Dwarven realm, join the Alliance, Tolkien never told us so: He just said that the Dwarves of Durin's who joined the war all was on the Alliance side, not that all Dwarves of Durin's joined the Alliance and/or went to war - it's an important difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    Great job and great preview
    Thanks mate
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 02, 2014 at 02:27 AM.