Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Imrahil + Dwarven + Aragorn v1,02 Family Tree minimods now for 3.2

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Uncle Imrahil + Dwarven + Aragorn v1,02 Family Tree minimods now for 3.2

Family Tree minimods: pick one you like or get them all here

Uncle Imrahils minimod v.1.0 and patch 1.2
    This is just a little tweak to give the Prince a more fitting place in the stewards family tree and Swan Knight BG for Imrahil's son

Last update: tree and mod for 3.2 added 8th June 2012
    Gondors tree

And the Prince Imrahil said, 'Your words, lord, are wise, if one who is a kinsman of the Lord Denethor may counsel you in this matter. He is strong-willed and proud, but old; and his mood has been strange since his son was stricken down.
    - RotK: The Houses of Healing
    Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, is not the son of Denethor II as most know.
    Still, he is the brother of Boromir's and Faramir's mother and brother-in- law to the steward. This minimod put him in a, if not fully correct, so in more fitting place in the family tree in relationship to the other members. At the same time his own family is given a potential future.

Changes
    - Adds Ecthelion II with wife.
    - Adds Denethors sister as Imrahil's wife.
    - Adds Imrahils eldest son Elphir as infant.
    - Boromir and Faramir is made one year younger each.

Compability
    - Will work with 3.2 and all submods that do not change the files in question (see Installation step 1a)
    - Will not be save game compatible.
    - If requested I might make versions fitting submods that do alter same files.

Lore notifications
    - Ecthelion II didn't die until 2884, while the campaign begins 2880.
    - Ecthelion's wife's name and date of death is unknown.
    - Denethor was married to Imrahil's sister Finduilas; this is to be 'understood between the lines'.
    - Denethor's sisters were older than he. Neithers name or history is known.
    - The Prince's wife is not known - I have thus taken the liberty to make a sister of Imrahil's brother-in-law his wife to create the actual situation in the tree, although reversed. 'Trading sisters' eh

Patch 1.2

Adds the bonus that when Elphir, son of Imrahil, matures he gets a bodyguard of Swan Knights just like his father.
    All credit to Kilic Ali for this script, plese give him a rep if you may

OBS
    The patch contains a single campaign_script.txt.
    The campaign_script is an edited vanilla 3.2-version and therefore incompatible with any submod that change the same file.
    It can be used on top of any of my attached versions but are ofc activated only when using Uncle Imrahil 1,0 for 3,2.rar and All 3 Trees v1,02 for 3,2.rar

Note that you must delet map.rwm before starting a new campaign!

A manual merge can be done of course.

Dwarven Family Tree minimod v.1.0
    Make the Dwarven family tree more correct and Gimli potential heir

Last update: 8th June 2012
    Dwarven tree

Not long after most of Durin’s Folk abandoned the Grey Mountains. Grór, Dáin’s son, went away with many followers to the Iron Hills; but Thrór, Dáin’s heir, with Borin his father’s brother and the remainder of the people returned to Erebor.
    - Appendix A: Durin's Folk

Most known Dwarves are kin of the royal line. This is here acknowlidged; presumably most appriciated by lore-fans and in general as Gimli no longer have to be adopted to get the crown if things goes bad in the east

Changes
    - Adds a long line of forefathers up to the closest joint one, king Nain II.

Compability
    - Will work with 3.2 and all submods that do not change the files in question (see Installation step 1a)

Lore notifications
    - Time of deaths for the forefathers do not match due to engine limitations (150 years). I have just tried to make them as old as possible.
    - Any branches that died out, like Thorin II:s, and all family members who did not got kids (that matters in TATW) is ignored. For example Balin have his brother Dwalin who is not added as he's not a TATW general.

Aragorn's Family Tree minimod v.1.02
    This tweak make the family tree of Aragorn and Eriador more feasible

Last update: 10th June 2012
    Aragorn's tree

And there upon that hill they looked east to the Shadow and west to the Twilight, and they plighted their troth and were glad. And Arwen said: 'Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices; for you, Estel, shall be among the great whose valour will destroy it.'
    - Appendix A: The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen

'He has neither rested nor slept, I think. He went thither some hours ago, saying that he must take thought, and only his kinsman, Halbarad, went with him; but some dark doubt or care sits on him.'
    - Legolas about Aragorn, RotK; The Passing of the Grey Company
    How to handle the situation of Aragorn who's family we do not know, a wife he should not have until after the TATW campaign ends (and thus as well any children) when it is one of his great inspirations isn't an easy nut to crack! Vanilla went one way changing lore by giving Aragorn another wife and 3 children, possibly depicting other relatives?
    I have gone another improvising way that simply feelt better, meaning to maintain the importance of the love between the ranger and the princess - who actually were bethroted that very midsummer 2980.

Changes
    - Aragorn is married to Arwen.
    - Their only child at start is the infant Eldarion; Araphor who was oldest son is now an unrelated normal general.
    - Eldarion is faction heir.
    - Eriador looses two upcoming generals; Aragorn's underaged "sons".
    - Halbarad belongs to the family tree as a cousin of Aragorn.
    - Arwen is no longer part of HE's family.

Compability

Lore notifications
    - Aragorn didn't marry Arwen until 3019 Third Age. Eldarion was born in the Fourth Age.
    - Time of deaths for the forefathers do not match perfectly but is altered to fit Aragorns age (his father died early for example).
    - Halbarad is not said to be direct relative of Aragorn by Tolkien. Still the possibility is there; Halbarad is a ranger leader, the one who bring Arwen's standard (the flag of Elendil) to Aragorn with a message, the only one to stand by his side when Aragorn challenge Sauron in the palantir and is their chiefs standard carrier at the Battle of Pelennor Field. Weither the word kinsman is only pointing at Dúnedain filiation or more can be pondered upon.
    While he may just be a good ranger and a good friend, I took my liberty to add this great man as a cousin on the, by dúnedain, seldom accounted female side of the family tree.
    - Aradorn's wife's name and Halbarads line from Aradorn is fan fiction.

Misc
    The wife portraits in above screen shot is from the Ladies of ME-submod.

Permission Free for anyone to use this in mods and compalitions.
    Just add credits and don't mind telling, since it's fun to know.

OBS - if to be released as the bulk of a submod, with only minor edits, then a proper description of this is requested.

Installation
    1) Download the attached .rar of your liking: only Dwarves, only Eriador, only Gondor or all 3 trees at once. These are for 3.2

1a)
    - Only All 3 Trees v1,02 for 3,2.rar gives you all trees in the game.

- Content of all versions, beside the Uncle Imrahil-patch: descr_names.txt, descr_names_lookup.txt, names.txt and descr_strat.txt

2) Extract your .rar into .../Medival II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3
    Accept overwrite.

If you are to install the Uncle Imrahil-patch simply extract it into .../Medival II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    Accept overwrite.

3) If you use Uncle Imrahils patch 1.2 you must open data/world/maps/base and there delete map.rwm
    It will rebuild itself next time you start up the game. Unless you do this the Swan Knight-script will not work.

4) You're done Not save game compatible.

5) If you want vanilla 3.2 back or a version causes problems you can use Uninstall.rar
    You can also always replace a previously installed version by another: simply install one of the others and accept overwrite.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 13, 2016 at 06:13 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: Uncle Imrahils minimod

A creative way of fudging the lore and expanding the family tree of Gondor. +Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Poosticks7 View Post
    A creative way of fudging the lore and expanding the family tree of Gondor. +Rep
    Thank you very much, that's a good review

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Wouldn't it be better to just make Denethor married to Imrahil's sister (finduilas) instead of Imrahil married to Denethor's sister ?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Interesting mod, friend I'll have to try it for my next Gondor campaign

edit: I'd rep you, but I can't yet
    Last edited by Mhaedros; February 29, 2012 at 08:04 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Poosticks7 View Post
    Can't say any better

Can you do sth similar to other factions like the dwarves for example:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...25#post7428925

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to just make Denethor married to Imrahil's sister (finduilas) instead of Imrahil married to Denethor's sister ?
    Good thinking - the drawback is that siblings need parents. Then I would have to begin the tree with Adrahil II, Imrahils father, and that wouldn't feel right as it would be the Princes trees rather than the stewards... will ponder on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Just a little feat to make it feel a tad more LotR, hope you'll enjoy whenever you play G. next time ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Can't say any better

Can you do sth similar to other factions like the dwarves for example:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...25#post7428925
    Thanks A'!

Oh, that was one big tree haha! I can tell the gain no doubt, will consider it though. Lot's of folks, even if I keep it to the minimum [no dead bransches or childless] and will be large tree from the beginning for the player but possibly I have a look further on

Id wadger this is bound for MOS 3.1 am i rite? if so it will be even better, it always rubbed me the wrong way having boromir and Imrahil as brothers on the line

Thought so, though reminded it's better to have it done sooner than later. Will poke my teammates about it, good call

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Thought so, though reminded it's better to have it done sooner than later. Will poke my teammates about it, good call
    Hooray! As always Ngugi, your aspiration to making this mod better aligned with lore and gameplay is always extremly appreciated. You may have permission to approach the Cake, and have a rep
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Oh, cake! Win - win-situation
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Great little mod here! Love it and love the picture above even more!

First off, this is really great and I like it a lot. +rep
    Second, I've been trying to do something similar with the Silvan Elves tree. I want to add Celeborn and Galadriel onto the tree. I've tried a method similar to the one you used here. I created a dead faction leader with wife in the descr_strat (using names i added to all three names lists) then I tried adding Celeborn in as a younger brother to Thranduil. It's not the most lore correct way to do things but it's the closest you can get (If the Silvan Elves are only going to be one faction) I added Galadriel as his wife and Celebrian as daughter.

I gave the deceased faction leader an age of 75, his wife 73, Thranduil is 43, his wife is 40, Celeborn is 38, Galadriel is 37, Legolas is 21, his sister is 18, and celebrian 18. These ages seem to work, but it the campaign will not load. is there some reason why this can be done with Gondor (I also have successfully edited Rohan's family tree) but not with SE?
    thanks

@ old_war_horse
    First, thanks

Second, no that should work just as fine. These family trees are very sensitive to any flaws, making campaigns not start.
    Your best friend here is thus the log. It will tell you where the problem is - and use Notepad ++ (free to download) when you check the desc_strat.txt, that will make your life very much easier.

Did the dead family members die before they could get either/both of their kids? Is they named same as another family member? Is the added family members names in the factions normally available name-list - or you'll have to add them? Just small things that came to my mind. The log should help you to circle the issue(s) in.
    Good luck
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 01, 2012 at 06:23 AM.

[excuse double posting]
    @ Araval but ofc also to anybody who fancy the Dwarves

Right, had a little tussle with their tree but got it working. Now, to tie together the different kinsmen of Dwarves present in TATW we go a bit back in time. I made a "slim tree" meaning that no dead branches (such as Thorin Oakenshields) or brother we do not know anything of/are of interest for TATW.

Now, this resulted in a still very 'tall' tree. Possibly not a ultimate solution gamewise while its the perfect solution lorewise
    I can think of 3 alternatives, the second two if people consider it a tideous thing with a too big tree filled with dead people of 'no importance' hehe. So want some opinions on the matter. I acknowlidge that the tree is seldom visited so if its big one may be of little annoyance, still its up for suggestions;

1. Lore-version [dates will be corrected later on as much as possible]

2. A one-stepped cut version to make the tree a little shorter (red for new line here and in 3)

3. A two-step cut version to make the tree further shorter [in both 2 and 3 I think Nain (II) would to be the head as he's the 'joint forefather' here.]
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 01, 2012 at 08:24 AM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Oh, my. ME WANTZ! And I still can't rep you
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Uncle Imrahils minimod [and Dwarves in progress]

Nice job here, Ngugi
    Will rep as soon as I can again.

Default Re: Uncle Imrahils minimod [and Dwarves in progress]

@Ngugi
    For some reason, I do not seem have any logs in the folder. Is there a reason for this?

edit: I'd rep you, but I can't yet
    Signed.

I hope I remember to rep you as soon as I can again (Didn't spread too much lately).

Oh, my. ME WANTZ! And I still can't rep you
    You'll get it soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Nice job here, Ngugi
    Will rep as soon as I can again.

Quote Originally Posted by Old War Horse View Post
    @Ngugi
    For some reason, I do not seem have any logs in the folder. Is there a reason for this?
    Not each time there's one created by some reason. What I know from experienceis that if I myself has the folder Medival II Total War or Medival II Total War/Logs open then none is created.
    If you want you can attach the file and I can have a look if I see any obvious reason to the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungo Baggins View Post
    Signed.

I hope I remember to rep you as soon as I can again (Didn't spread too much lately).
    Thank you very much! The appracial of the work is what matter most so don't you worry

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast