View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 55 of 265 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 5286

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: ~ Perillicious Compilation Pack ~ (PCP) ~~~ BETA 05 RELEASED ~~~ Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~ Got PCP? Then give me some!

I really appreciate any hints or critics.. I tried to make smoother scales this time.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: ~ Perillicious Compilation Pack ~ (PCP) ~~~ BETA 05 RELEASED ~~~ Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~ Got PCP? Then give me some!

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I really appreciate any hints or critics.. I tried to make smoother scales this time.
    The horned drakes look terrible! WAY to bright and light in color. The rest look great, though I am not a fan of the scale design. A scale design like the one I uploaded will look much better with the right normal maps to accent them and give them that bumpy natural look. The ones you are using may not work well or look natural with a good normal map. The undersides look too flat and unnatural, they just don't fit either in my opinion. But after working on these guys on and off for over a year I am sure I am super biased towards my own opinions (gotsta have my scutes and scales) by now so you really should just do whatever you want.

EDIT: Also the scales on their legs are larger than the ones on their bodies, it should be the reverse or the same size.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 08, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

fell beast and those with the funny horns on their noses are just perfect imo...

EDIT : i just read ded's post ,seems like beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
    i think the light blue ones are the best looking...

all others are nice too, BUT the transition from one color/skin type to another is just too rough...as more expert guys told, maybe you should blend the two color/skin types more in a more smooth way...they just seem too evidently separate now..as if someone stiked em some stripe or something

lets say the dark blue ones...maybe instead of having that beige/cream belly they should have the upper "sticker" part there...afterall if they are drakes ,as smaug said his belly was covered with scales too...can't really remember if glaurung had a scaled belly too ,or if there were some other kind of dragon skin ,since he was a "worm"...

???
    Last edited by Noobio; August 08, 2011 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    i just read ded's post ,seems like beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
    i think the light blue ones are the best looking...
    I am just so wrapped up in my own opinions by now when it comes to this project since I have made all the decisions so far, I can not be unbiased anymore like in the beginning. So I wouldn't worry about my opinion.

have you considered going out every now and then ?haha it may help a bit

have you considered going out every now and then ?haha it may help a bit
    I have to go out more than I want to really, I guess I am getting old.

It is more that everything else done in the mod is just how I wanted it because I did it that way, so I can't stop now I guess. Might as well finish you know? Just for the hell of it. Which means I will ultimately (probably in the distant future) make my own HQ skins for these guys how I want them to look. But like I said, alternate skin packs are welcome because obviously everyone does not share my bias.

yeah i guess i know what you mean...after all this time and effort you get a bit "possessive" even though in a creative way..you can always retouch em your self ...or just start some new things...

is there any possibility in making bears? like in beorn, just one unit could do the trick...having a normal human strat-map model ,while in battle-map having a bear would create the illusion of trasformation

yeah i guess i know what you mean...after all this time and effort you get a bit "possessive" even though in a creative way..you can always retouch em your self ...or just start some new things...

is there any possibility in making bears? like in beorn, just one unit could do the trick...having a normal human strat-map model ,while in battle-map having a bear would create the illusion of trasformation
    If there is room in descr_mount, currently there are only a few openings left and I am saving them for the new Rushichi (or whatever) horses that will be in 3.0. I don't know how many KK added, but I wouldn't get your hopes up on bears because new horses are more important as they are much more widely used.

well at least people are gonna remember i tried to convince you

anyway...have a nice night...i'm off to see "rise of the planet of the apes"...

ps
    any chance in making any apes ?
    (i know they're irrelevant but they're COOL)

Is there any way to get just the creature pack? Even sans-drakes? The other creatures are breathtaking, but the drakes, meh.
    "Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
    Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ' Παλαιολόγος

"il nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace, et la France est sauvée"

Ok, I retextured 3 new drakes:
    sand drakes
    golden cold drakes
    yellow drakes
    blue drakes
    plated red drakes
    iron drakes
    horned drakes
    green drakes
    fellbeast
    great cold drake

I posted an attachement with all the alternative textures redone so far. All thanks to alreadyded for creating these amazing models!

any chance in making any apes ?
    (i know they're irrelevant but they're COOL)
    Only if I get to give them chainsaws, they are irrelevant but they are super fun and cool all at once. Magic chainsaws of course... obtained by the Neo-Numenoreans located somewheres far to the South no doubt. Gasoline or electric would be a step too far from the lore. I tried to find a pic of one on the net but couldn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Commander Snow View Post
    Is there any way to get just the creature pack? Even sans-drakes? The other creatures are breathtaking, but the drakes, meh.
    Not yet, they still are not done yet so I don't want to have to change multiple copies every time I change something. Once I get some feedback I can finish them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    I got a ctd after I took talsir as Isengard as well, this was achieved because I avoided the battle with the wolf bandits, which had also caused ctd. I have not gotten consistent ctd's like this when I play as other factions or when I play other mods though.

Also, will you someday put a Dragon looking figure in any mercenary units dragon factions hire? At this time they are always invisible. If making it a full large dragon is unlikely what about a smaller younger dragon as a officer?

I think this is the log you are asking about.
    Figured out what it was, something I left behind when removing the garrison script (sneaky bastard). It will be fixed in the next patch, which will be released soon.

Speaking of that, how are things going without the patch? I have been making new Elves lately and fixing these bugs that are popping up (an impressively low amount so far for a Beta I must say) so I haven't had time to test it out. Anyone have any feedback on how the campaign AI is doing on offense, defense, and whether they are garrisoning or not?
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Only if I get to give them chainsaws, they are irrelevant but they are super fun and cool all at once. Magic chainsaws of course... obtained by the Neo-Numenoreans located somewheres far to the South no doubt. Gasoline or electric would be a step too far from the lore. I tried to find a pic of one on the net but couldn't...
    OMG, laugh of the day

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

in case you didn't get it...i just thought that since
    a.....you got the skills
    b.....you said you got bored of working on the creatures you already made

why not just try making other creatures just for the fun of it...there are so many mods around that could use them...bears ,apes ,giant scorpions ,ratmen etc...
    there aren't many guys as skilled as you, around, in animating ...

ps..and of course

ROCK THROWING ENTS!!!!!!
    Last edited by Noobio; August 10, 2011 at 06:27 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You could use the bears for Beorning faction.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

this time i played dwarves of ered-luin and was amused to find silvan elves in the grey mountains..
    high elves expanded to the eregion forest and are doing ok so far,no one else is really doing anything special,and i removed the orcs of gundabad by force >: D

i have however noticed what i think is a bug.the beornings got hold of wrakyaburg,a once they built a paiside there it got the erebor settlement model..
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; August 11, 2011 at 11:44 AM.

I finished retexturing all drakes. Here's the final result:
    Golden fire drake
    red drake
    uruloki
    sand drakes
    golden cold drakes
    yellow drakes
    blue drakes
    plated red drakes
    iron drakes
    horned drakes
    green drakes
    fellbeast
    great cold drake

I attached a file with all the textures. You just need to replace the current textures with these (...Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_PCP\data\unit_models\mounts\creature\textures). Always remember to make backups in case you want to have the original textures again. I hope you guys can have fun and once again thanks alreadyded for this cool submod.
    I would like to add that anybody that wants is free to modify my textures. Just remember to credit me for the textures and alreadyded for the models.
    Last edited by paradamed; January 05, 2012 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I finished retexturing all drakes. Here's the final result:
    Golden fire drake
    red drake
    uruloki
    sand drakes
    golden cold drakes
    yellow drakes
    blue drakes
    plated red drakes
    iron drakes
    horned drakes
    green drakes
    fellbeast
    great cold drake

I attached a file with all the textures. You just need to replace the current textures with these (...Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_PCP\data\unit_models\mounts\creature\textures). Always remember to make backups in case you want to have the original textures again. I hope you guys can have fun and once again thanks alreadyded for this cool submod.
    If you upload it to a site like 2shared.com I can add the link in the first post, otherwise it will quickly get buried in this thread.

Ok, there you are:
    alternate skin pack download

You want to check your voice set up. Silvan and High Elves sound like Orcs. Galadrim are voiceless.