Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.7 [3.2 compatible]

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.7 [3.2 compatible]

Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.7

TATW 3.2 See bottom of post for 3.1.

Secret Forest Trails - Shortcuts Apparently the keyboard shortcuts do not work as described for some non-US keyboard layouts. For example, Araval found that instead of SHIFT+/ he had to use SHIFT+Ä. If you are having problems with the shortcuts then I suggest remapping them to something else. This is done from TATW main menu > Options > Keyboard Settings > Campaign.

[21 Apr 2015] v1.7: added Best Capital Finder, updated Bodyguard Switcher & Palantiri Revision.
    [6 Nov 2014] v1.6.4: updated Total Diplomacy & Secret Forest Trails, plus fix for DCI.
    [22 Jan 2013] v1.6.3: updated Total Diplomacy, Bodyguard Switcher, Executioner and DCI.

This contains all of my submods in one merged package. Hence the name: Collection of Withwnar's Submods (as opposed to Withwnar's Collection of various Submods). i.e. This is not intended as a "compilation" of submods from various authors, simply a means to have all of mine in one package.

Dúnedain Counter-Invasions was a team effort with Ngugi and Smoesville; it is not my submod.

It includes:

Note:
    • SAUS and DCI are optional: there are activation prompts at the start of the campaign.
    • This is the full version of DCI. It is much smaller than the original, standalone DCI download because it doesn't include the sound *.dat files. All sounds are still present, they are just installed in a different way.
    • Bodyguard Switcher v2.0 works a little differently to previous versions. You might want to read up on it.

Not save game compatible.

Installation

Please do not do these steps out of sequence.

In the following the "mod" folder means the Third_Age folder, typically something like "C:\Programs\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3".

There are two options: follow Option 1 or Option 2 instructions, not both.

Option 1
    Larger download, fewer/simpler steps.

1. Download the "base" install AND the "sound dat" one. Extract them into the mod folder, answering "yes" to any "overwrite?" prompts.
    2. Run this BAT file: {TATW mod folder}\submods\PalantiriRevision\install.bat. This copies some files to your M2TW base folder's data\ui\indicators folder (backing up anything currently in there) and deletes {TATW mod folder}\preferences\keys.dat. For Vista/Win7 users you might need to run it as an administrator (right click > Run as administrator).
    3. Delete the map.rwm file from this folder: {TATW mod folder}\data\world\maps\base

Option 2
    Smaller download, more steps, allows for merging with other submods that have sound changes.

1. Download SoundExtractor and follow that post's instructions to run SoundExtractor.bat. Do not start the game until the rest of the steps are done.
    2. Download the "base" install only - not the "sound dat" one. Extract it into the mod folder, answering "yes" to any "overwrite?" prompts.
    3. Run this BAT file: {TATW mod folder}\submods\PalantiriRevision\install.bat. This copies some files to your M2TW base folder's data\ui\indicators folder (backing up anything currently in there) and deletes {TATW mod folder}\preferences\keys.dat. For Vista/Win7 users you might need to run it as an administrator (right click > Run as administrator).
    4. Delete the map.rwm file from this folder: {TATW mod folder}\data\world\maps\base

See the note at the bottom of SoundExtractor's instructions regarding removing files after the installation is complete. It is not required but it will free up some hard drive space.

Some people have had problems with the SoundExtractor instructions, resulting in no messages at campaign start and an error in the log about missing sounds. This is the sequence of steps as mentioned by Khales that have helped some:
    1. extract the soundextractor into the Third Age 3 folder
    2. run the bat file in the soundextractor folder
    3. copy and paste the data and submods folders
    4. run the install.bat in the submods folder (don't forget to run as administrator as explained above)
    5. delete map.rvm
    6. only then start the game

If the new key shortcuts are not working in the campaign then it might be because keys.dat is in the Vista/Win7/etc. virtual store. Something like this...
    C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\preferences
    ...delete it if it is.
    Change Log
    • v1.7
      • Best Capital Finder - added
      • Bodyguard Switcher v2.2
      • Palantiri Revision v1.2.9
    • v1.6.4
      • Total Diplomacy v1.8.4
      • Secret Forest Trails v1.3
      • DCI: Fixed duplicate name bug: loremasters for non-Dunedain factions were not being removed sometimes. Fixed "Dwarves dislike Elves" faction standing.
    • v1.6.3
      • Total Diplomacy v1.8.3
      • Bodyguard Switcher v2.1.1
      • Executioner v1.2.1
      • DCI v1.2.3
    • v1.6.2
      • Updated to Secret Forest Trails v1.2 for CTD bug fix. Custom climate removed. These files are vanilla TATW 3.2, included to overwrite those from previous WSC versions (v1.6 & v1.6.1), reverting them back to vanilla: descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt, descr_climates.txt, descr_climates_lookup.txt, map_climates.tga.
    • v1.6.1
      • Bug fix: DCI was not switching Silvans back from Dunedain at AI Gondor/Arnor turn end.
    • v1.6
      • Secret Forest Trails v1.1.
      • Palantiri Revision v1.2.8.
      • Total Effect Points Info v1.2.
    • v1.5.2
      • Spawning Additional Units Submod (SAUS) v1.4.2.
      • Palantiri Revision v1.2.7.
      • Total Diplomacy v1.8.2.
      • DCI: reformatted Northmen-call-Acharn text; fixed bug where Silvans remain Dunedain if Rohan is destroyed; changed "faction lives" script test.
      • Fixed missing shortcut key for Bodyguard Switcher.
    • v1.5.1
      • Palantiri Revision v1.2.6.
    • v1.5
      • Bodyguard Switcher v2.1.
      • Palantiri Revision v1.2.5.
      • Total Diplomacy v1.8.
      • Total Effect Points Info v1.1 (new).
    • v1.4.1
      • Fixed Palantiri and SoundExtractor BAT files for Vista/Win7 compatibility.
    • v1.4
      • Updated to DCI v1.2.1 and Palantiri Revision v1.2.3.
    • v1.3
      • Updated to Bodyguard Switcher v2.0 and Executioner v1.2.
    • v1.2.1
      • Updated to Executioner v1.1.
    • v1.2
      • Added Executioner submod.
    • v1.1.2
      • Fixed missing SAUS and DCI sounds.
    • v1.1.1
      • Fixed missing SAUS battle model files
    • v1.1
      • 3.2 compatible versions of the submods...
      • Bodyguard Switcher v1.3.1
      • Spawning Additional Units Submod (SAUS) v1.4.1
      • Palantiri Revision v1.2.2
      • Sail Into The West
      • Total Diplomacy v1.6.1
      • Dúnedain Counter-Invasions (DCI) v1.1
    • v1.0
      • 3.1 compatible versions of the submods...
      • Bodyguard Switcher v1.2
      • Spawning Additional Units Submod (SAUS) v1.4
      • Palantiri Revision v1.2.1
      • Sail Into The West
      • Total Diplomacy v1.6
      • Dúnedain Counter-Invasions (DCI) v1.0

You might wish to read the Compatibility sections of each submod, particularly Palantiri Revision, if you wish to merge this with other submods.

Please refer to each submod's thread for credits, change logs, etc.

Download
    WSC_1.7.zip - base install.
    WSC_sound_dat.rar - sound dat files (only needed for Option 1). This was previously named WSC_1.6.3_sound_dat.rar and has not changed since v1.6.3. If you already have that file then you may use that instead of downloading this one.

They are for TATW 3.2.

Permissions
    All of my submods are free to be included in anybody else's mod, submod or compilation. Permission is still required but it will only ever be denied in one circumstance: if the author(s) of that mod/submod/compilation deny permission to others for their own work.

I am of the belief that all modding should be open and free to use by anybody in any way they choose. After all, we're all building on someone else's work or shared knowledge to some degree, directly or indirectly. If your attitude is one of "anything I make is not for anybody else to reuse" then fine, that's your right, but then you should not be reusing anybody else's work either, in my opinion. If you're absorbing other people's work to improve your mod then let others absorb your work to improve theirs.

If a compilation says that they do not have permission from me then this is why, even though they might already have some of my earlier work (permissions for those were not retracted).

If permission is granted then my only request is that the OP includes a link to the submod's thread including the submod version number.
    Last edited by Withwnar; December 16, 2017 at 10:45 PM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection

Good job
    These submods will probably have more players and feedback now

Interresting, haven't heard of some of this submods at all x)
    Testing !

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Good job
    These submods will probably have more players and feedback now
    Thanks Araval. Unfortunately the small submods disappear off the first "Submods" page pretty quickly and are seldom heard from again, as confirmed by Elunsul. And unless you know how to merge you can only choose one submod to use: mine, understandably, tend to fall into the "not first choice" category.

My motivation here is: those who would choose any of those submods as their one and only TATW-addon now get five others for 'free'. Also, having these six already merged might make things simpler for those wishing to merge a few of them with other submods.

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.1 [3.2 compatible]

v1.1 released: 3.2 compatible.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool! Do I need to download DCI separately or is it already included in the links?

It includes the full DCI, yes. Ah, that reminds me ... OP updated with a note on the size difference from the original DCI.
    Last edited by Withwnar; June 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Just came to tell you that it works like a charm - Congrats!

Thanks. Always good to hear.

Also here to say thanks! The list of MOS is just too big and I'm unsure about the beta thing so I'd rather stick with these small modifications (thanks so much for forced diplomacy).

I ran into a little bug though with SAUS. The game would ctd when I would include the elven rangers into my stack and attack an enemy (without auto-resolve).

Settings:

Vanilla 3.2 TATW + WSC 1.1.7
    Playing with DCI
    Playing with Arnor from the start (seriously awesome btw)
    Difficulty Very Hard/Hard

It took me a pretty long time before I figured out just that unit was the problem. They work fine in autoresolve but I really would have loved to see them. I just had no choiche but to disband them or put them away in a random settlement.

(yes, I followed the installation correctly)

Oh and the bodyguard changing really should be in vanilla TATW. Once you use the feature you wonder why it wasn't there before.

Cheers.

Thanks for reporting that BBThrash. I might have stuffed up with a battle model setting somewhere; I'll take a look. It should be a save game compatible fix.

By the way, it is WSC 1.1. The ".7z" makes it look like 1.1.7, which still makes me do a double take every time I see it.

Bodyguard in vanilla was brought up recently(ish).

Welcome to the forums.

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.1.1 [3.2 compatible + v1.1.1 CTD fix]

v1.1.1 released, fixing that CTD problem. For those already with v1.1 there is a save game compatible patch.

Indeed it was some missing SAUS files. Going into battle with Elven Rangers, Oakenshields or Riders of Dale will cause a CTD in v1.1.

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.1.1 [3.2 compatible + v1.1.1 CTD fix]

Wow, amazed by the fast response/patch for a totally free mod/submod.

Downloading, and will report if it's savegame compatible.

Sorry for the v1.1.1 confusion

And thanks for your welcome. But truth is, I've been lurking this place for over 7 years. Had to register someday...

Fix works great on a 79 turn game. Thanks again!

Dimppa's Avatar Libertus

Icon3 Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.1.1 [3.2 compatible + v1.1.1 CTD fix]

Hey Withwnar i think that you shouls add The AUS to this collection because it gives several good units to multible factions without throwing balance off

Edit. @BBthrash so is it savegame compatible?
    Last edited by Dimppa; June 17, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

Yes it is. Should have written a "79 turn save".

Quote Originally Posted by BBThrash View Post
    Wow, amazed by the fast response/patch for a totally free mod/submod.
    Fix works great on a 79 turn game. Thanks again!
    I hate CTDs. Thanks for the confirmation that it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimppa View Post
    i think that you shouls add The AUS to this collection
    I'm not going for a compilation here, as such. This is just my ones combined, plus DCI which has a lot of my blood, sweat and tears in it.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Great work friend!
    The content of this collection is epic [forced diplomacy and SAUS is two of my all time favourit submods]

Furthermore a 3.2-compatible version of DCI will soon be uploaded thanks to Withwnars latest blood, sweat and tears

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Khales's Avatar Ducenarius

Dang, DCI is so much fun!

Here´s a map from my current eriador campaign at turn 143:

The first campaign i played was with gondor but there the first invasion was called at turn 74 so i couldn´t test DCI that much, though the missions were very nice to unleash the Tôl Acharn.

Back to the map above. It was an invasion and counterinvasion madness!
    Invasions: 33 Edoras, 59 E.Osgiliath, 83 Moria, 116 Bree / Edit: Turn 144 Black Gate..the madness continues
    Tôl Acharn: 46 Tirith Toron, 67 Tir Ethraid, 90 Isengard, 128 Tirith Toron

The first Tôl Acharn gave dale a huge advantage against rhûn (dale wasn´t allied yet so it was taken by rohan and then conquered by mordor, thanks to total diplamcy so that dale didn´t miss the next counter invasions).

The second one helped gondor a lot and so on. The targets that are included are very good strategic points and i had to think a lot what could be the best next target. Especially because i could also make dale attack harad because of that

Next campaign i´ll play a faction that´s not in the Tôl Acharn gang to see how the AI handles it.

Oh and my brother said that the pilgrim missions that were added to the glittering halls are very entertaining. Will have to give it a try either.

The only weird thing about DCi is when you here allahu akbar when you join the Tôl Acharn
    Too bad that only gondor and arnor can call Tôl Acharns. But the limitation happended for a reason i think.
    Last edited by Khales; June 20, 2012 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks Khales. You are a feedback king.

Quote Originally Posted by Khales View Post
    Oh and my brother said that the pilgrim missions that were added to the glittering halls are very entertaining.
    Hooray! I was waiting for somebody to mention those. Shake your brother's hand for me will you?

The only weird thing about DCi is when you here allahu akbar when you join the Tôl Acharn
    I take it that's a vanilla sound effect? Ngugi was very thorough in replacing them all. It's possible I missed one (or more) in this collection.

Too bad that only gondor and arnor can call Tôl Acharns. But the limitation happended for a reason i think.
    It is by design, yes, as it is Dunedain vengeance not Good Men vengeance. Also, for others to do it they would need to be permanently switched to the Dunedain religion.

I suppose technically it would be possible, for players at least. Upon some trigger temporarily switch the religion, spawn an Imam (Loremaster) and let the player use him to call an Acharn. Whether or not that fits into the DCI philosophy is another matter but feel free to bring it up in the DCI thread for discussion.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast