Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Remade Event Pictures == v1.2. for TATW and submods (Image heavy OP)

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Remade Event Pictures == v1.2. for TATW and submods (Image heavy OP)

Time for ancient Elves, stout Dwarves, for good or wicked Men and for foul Orcs to be presented further in their own unique manner?

Then the Remade Event Pictures submod v1.2 is for you

Upgrades about 110 vanilla event pictures in favour for cultural diversity
    Compatible with any TATW (inkl. 3.2).
    Credits to v1.2 goes to
    Araval who updated so all images got a shadow border instead of a black frame.

About this mod
    Middle-earth's spectra increased concerning reports during campaign game and also some of the battle reports.
    Changes are made in all cultures [7 MOS, 6 vanilla and FRoME], this mean changes for all factions. More fitting pictures has been chosen for such events where the originals are less suitable and good replacement are avilable. The pictures are mainly taken from the LotR-movies in accordance with the TATW orientation.

The events- and the family tree-pictures from the Ladies of Middle-earth submod are included. For preview visit http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=459086

Note: The submod work with all mods - but will replace with their corresponding vanilla/mod pic's of course. Version 1.2 work with any version incl. TATW 3.2 and is saved game-compatible.

The Remade Event Pictures submod v1.1 is implemented into MOS and in FRoGS.

Previews

Note: Last update: 21/8-11
    FRoME add on's and changelist
    * Mordor, OotMM and OoG got (the MOS) Isengard 'Alliance'-image
    * Mordor, OotMM, OoG and Isengard got the Gondor 'Other Most Advanced' as their 'Most Advanced'-image
    * Northmen got the vanilla/MOS-version of 'New Ancillary' as their 'Trait'-image
    * Northmen got (the MOS) Isengard 'Prisoner Released'-image
    * Northmen got the vanilla TATW 'Ambushed' once again to coop with the Dunland factions situation

Note: Last Update: 15/7-11
    Mordor, OotMM & OoG

Note: Last update 12/7-11
    Gondor

Note: Last update 15/7-11
    Isengard (for MOS)

Note: The "War"-picture is also used by Gondor, wicked Men and Orc-factions. Battle Deployment #1 is for sieges. Ambushed will have another frame in-game. Last Update 15/7-11
    Dale, Eriador and Rohan

Note: The diplomacy +/- pictures will be used by the Orc-factions. 'Reinforcement' is changed to a similar image. v1.1: 'Most advanced' changed to an image more fitting for both people Last Update 18/7-11
    Harad and Rhûn

Note: v1.1: 'Settlement ockupied' is replaced with the' Enemy sally forth'-image which in turn will be vanilla; 'War' will be same as Dales/Eriadors/Rohans Last update 28/7-11
    Dwarves

Note: 'Ambushed' will have another frame. 'Relations+' will be less red. v1.1: 'War' will be same as Dales/Eriadors/Rohans Last update 17/7-11
    Elves

Thanks to v1.1
    Especially big ones goes to Minas Moth and Noobas for support in the process.
    To David93 for the encouragement behind the FRoME-version.
    Also thanks to all entusiasts from well-rep'ed TATW-crew to 'mere' TATW-players

v1.2
    Full credits to Araval and Withwnar. The former for updating all images to replace the black border with a propher fading our shadow, and the latter for the tool TWTECV that make that task smooth and handy.

Installation
    1. Download the attached .rars
    I repeat: The Remade Event Pictures submod v1.1 is implemented into MOS and in FRoGS.

2. Extract the two .rar into Medieval II Total War/mods/Third Age/data (accept overwrite*)

3. You are done and ready; please feel free to report back your opinion on certain images or the submods quality/impact overall. I'm always open to constructive critisism, suggestions as well as pure appraisal

*If there is any special picture/culture you do not want, make a backup of the original and replace it after installation. If you do not know the filename or folders, just ask in advance and I help you out

Permission Free for anyone to use this in mods and compalitions.
    Just add credits and don't mind telling, since it's fun to know.

OBS - if to be released as the bulk of a submod, with only minor edits, then a proper description of this is requested.

/Regards Ngugi
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 20, 2015 at 09:14 AM.

Default Re: Remade Event Pictures - Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    The Remade Event Pictures submod will change about 80 event pictures in favour for cultural enhancement
    It will not change your game, but increase the factions
    uniqueness

More diversity has been made between the different cultures of Middle-earth concerning reports during campaign game and also some of the battle reports.
    Changes in all cultures is in progress, this mean changes for all factions. So far 55 pictures has been remade/modified.
    More fitting pictures has been chosen for such events where the originals are
    less suitable and good replacement are avilable.
    The submod will be adapted to both MOS and vanilla TATW, to begin with.
    The events- and family tree-pictures from the Ladies of Middle-earth submod will be included.

Preview Elven culture (High Elves and Silvan Elves) [sneak peak on some finished content]
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Further previews of other cultures will soon be made avilable.

/Regards Ngugi

i guess u have Galadriel fetish eh?
    Legolas : How do you kill 2 mumakil with 1 javelin?
    Gimli : I don't know, ask Mr. aimbot there, WTF HAX!
    Eomer :

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

if i may offer some constructive criticism?

for me it would be better to use the siege details picture for battle deployment, don't you think? those elven warriors go better there i think. that means that you should remove Gil-Galad picture for battle deployment... to make the siege event, maybe you could use some of the pictures from sarumans burning of the woods/fangorn? i guess that both he and se had their residences decorated with trees so that would be a sound point in my book.

also, if you are going to keep MOS's heir system (where each heir recieves faction specific anc-item) i think you should keep current picture of gil-galad with aeglos (which is such an item for he) and not change it to galadriel... it doesn't make sence, se item is light of evenstar... however if you go for change then make it separate from both factions and don't use galadriel or gil-galad at all...

the relations improved pic: maybe you could use some of the pictures of elven emissaries on the council of elrond? there you would have only them seated as in some hall whitout other characters (gimli, aragorn etc)...

this is just my thinking, no attack meant...

@ Ale_san
    Haha, no, honestly no fetish, but she do great when it comes to avilable decent elven photage

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    if i may offer some constructive criticism?

for me it would be better to use the siege details picture for battle deployment, don't you think? those elven warriors go better there i think. that means that you should remove Gil-Galad picture for battle deployment... to make the siege event, maybe you could use some of the pictures from sarumans burning of the woods/fangorn? i guess that both he and se had their residences decorated with trees so that would be a sound point in my book.

also, if you are going to keep MOS's heir system (where each heir recieves faction specific anc-item) i think you should keep current picture of gil-galad with aeglos (which is such an item for he) and not change it to galadriel... it doesn't make sence, se item is light of evenstar... however if you go for change then make it separate from both factions and don't use galadriel or gil-galad at all...

the relations improved pic: maybe you could use some of the pictures of elven emissaries on the council of elrond? there you would have only them seated as in some hall whitout other characters (gimli, aragorn etc)...

this is just my thinking, no attack meant...
    Aaaah, an attack!
    New thoughts always makes for a better mod

The Siege Details pic is from the Last Alliances siege of Bara-dûr - thus the Battle deployment was chosen from an attack during same siege. The Gil-galad-Battle deployment is used only when attacking a beseiged settlement. Considered it nice with some real siege-related pictures here.
    Other (ordinary) battles will keep the LA elves facing Orc armies just as before.
    When an elven settlement is beseiged it will show the old pic from the siege of Minas Tirith ATM, but I will take a look on some burning wood, liked that idea.

My "New Faction Leader"-pic and the MOS submod pic "Next Heir" with Gil-galad won't interfere with each other. However, to keep it more faction-free will be considered, as I haven't studied SE's Next heir pic as yet. Thank you for pointing out. Still I like to make it kind of "blessed by the oldest Noldor and highest queen of Silvan" when a new leader comes.

The relations: will consider it yes, but there's quite some inflation on those council-pics. Will look at it though
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 23, 2011 at 02:16 PM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I like these event pictures. This is something the mod definetely needs.

the retinue expands picture is somehow to strong for me... the tree rings were the most powerful items the elves possesed in third age. so making every retinue have that picture is sending some confused signals don't you think? you could use some other thing, also maybe from elrond's council or something like that, or leave it as it is... it's your work after all, i'm just giving you my thoughts on it...

ah, that's why galadriel is included, ok, i can buy that; i just neede some "nudge out a door" if you know what i mean...

the siege of minas tirith should be avoided at all costs (using it for elves) it's just not feeling right, i think that burning woods are better in this case...

no interfeerence? well, you do realize that in MOS elves have a tendency to live very long? i mean, in theory and reality if you don't get Elladan or Elrond killed you will have only one message for heir item and one message for faction heir (as i understand it) and they will both appear in the first turn. at least on the game start. i don't know how the heir system works once you have new heir, i have never looked at it in much detail, but i'm now most interested... the bottom line is: keep it as diverse as possible; even two Gil-galad pics can sometimes be to mch, especially if they appear in the same turn.

well, you know that i don't attack elses work/opinions, it's just not my modus operandi... but i'm always eager to dshare my view, under condition that matter in question is interesting to me

the retinue expands picture is somehow to strong for me... the tree rings were the most powerful items the elves possesed in third age. so making every retinue have that picture is sending some confused signals don't you think? you could use some other thing, also maybe from elrond's council or something like that, or leave it as it is... it's your work after all, i'm just giving you my thoughts on it...

ah, that's why galadriel is included, ok, i can buy that; i just neede some "nudge out a door" if you know what i mean...

the siege of minas tirith should be avoided at all costs (using it for elves) it's just not feeling right, i think that burning woods are better in this case...

no interfeerence? well, you do realize that in MOS elves have a tendency to live very long? i mean, in theory and reality if you don't get Elladan or Elrond killed you will have only one message for heir item and one message for faction heir (as i understand it) and they will both appear in the first turn. at least on the game start. i don't know how the heir system works once you have new heir, i have never looked at it in much detail, but i'm now most interested... the bottom line is: keep it as diverse as possible; even two Gil-galad pics can sometimes be to mch, especially if they appear in the same turn.

well, you know that i don't attack elses work/opinions, it's just not my modus operandi... but i'm always eager to dshare my view, under condition that matter in question is interesting to me
    I would agree - if it wasn't so that the rings are included ancillaries for the elves. Also we are showed three of the wisest/mightiest [of their time in Gil's case] elves possible, better retinue is hard to imagine (although you do not get them they send the right message)

Hmm, MOS SE next heir is the light, so will keep the NFL then Nudge on us both

will find some poor threes, poor elves

'Next heir' will kick in during turn 1-3. There should be no risk anybody assult a settlement during these turns > no double Gil-galad.
    Now, if you "screw up" and get Elrond killed, you'll get a new Next heir and then we will have a situation where we may get double Gil-galads. If was not such a sucker for the Gil-galad-pierces-suckers-during-sieges I would change, but say that I'll get a goo suggestion and I will reconsider the issue ^^

Don't worry, as your critic is constructive, thats only inspiring and enhancing

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    I would agree - if it wasn't so that the rings are included ancillaries for the elves. Also we are showed three of the wisest/mightiest [of their time in Gil's case] elves possible, better retinue is hard to imagine (although you do not get them they send the right message)
    but it will show for ancs like tax farmer, biographer, architect etc... those that are left over from vanilla and have 0 tatw lore value....

'Next heir' will kick in during turn 1-3. There should be no risk anybody assult a settlement during these turns > no double Gil-galad.
    Now, if you "screw up" and get Elrond killed, you'll get a new Next heir and then we will have a situation where we may get double Gil-galads. If was not such a sucker for the Gil-galad-pierces-suckers-during-sieges I would change, but say that I'll get a goo suggestion and I will reconsider the issue ^^
    well, the option is there, but it's not something that would ruin anyones game i supposse...

Don't worry, as your critic is constructive, thats only inspiring and enhancing
    that's the point - helping!

but it will show for ancs like tax farmer, biographer, architect etc... those that are left over from vanilla and have 0 tatw lore value....
    I agree - so kick in the cavalry: the most lore-worth ancillaries there could ever be for elves.
    I assume the picture will bring the feeling about (if that is bad i dont know, but the best of) elven ancillaries and from that an elvish feeling, rather than that players will think about 'but I got an architect, not a elf advisor/might artifact'. I could be wrong but thats a gut feeling.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The picture of the dwarven battle deployment is wery weird, I mean the first one, I cant really tell what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    The picture of the dwarven battle deployment is wery weird, I mean the
    first one, I cant really tell what it is.
    The very first (the long one) is the pic' that will show when you ambush somebody. The original is from the siege of the Hornburg, if we would see all (uncut) to the right you would see Aragorn. My assumtion/hope was that people who like to play the dwarves also would have the Two Towers quite in mind and thus remember this scene as more than others is a "sneak attack" haha.
    Shall see what I can do with the quality though, the point goeas amissed if people cant see its Super-Gimli flying in Perhaps Aragorn should be in to make it easier to remember, but wanted to keep it 'more dwarves'..
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 24, 2011 at 06:08 AM.

guess the alliance anounced is generic ? very nice..all of them especailly the dwrves ones...you're right ,sfter the hobbit you'll have many nice material to work on..

for dwarves, i would swithch the first battle deployment picture (ambush) with the one u used for being attacked by HE? why? well it shows gimli in forest (1. ambush prerequisite) and he is wearing a cloak from lorien (wehich makes people hard to sdee) so that would be great ambush picture imo...

for quees stalled, maybe you could use some pic from moria (when fellowship travel thru lower levels thru the dark); it really shows "neglect" and absence of dwarven working force, which somewhat is related to quees stalled situation when you govern the city.

for besieged settlement (by orcs of gundabad or any other faction) i would suggest using the pictureof misty mountains (also avialable from fellowship). why? well, acording to lore most of dwarf vs: orc/goblin wars were fought underneath the earth. so it could be good to show the mountains as the natural place where those battles occured. the pic you chose would be good for moria but not so good for other settlements i think; especially the dain's halls as in this case. however this picture could be used for gates breached or gates lost event during siege battles.

the most advanced sneak peak pic could be used for various economic or social events in my opinion... the pictures are generally great in quality and are extremly good at showing the message you want to give to the player, great work N!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    guess the alliance anounced is generic ? very nice..all of them especailly the dwrves ones...you're right ,sfter the hobbit you'll have many nice material to work on..
    No, that one will be diffrent from all other factions (but do not know if all cultures will end up with diffrent pictures for alliance)
    Oh yes, will be great haha, right now dwarves is hardest after Evil Men

for dwarves, i would swithch the first battle deployment picture (ambush) with the one u used for being attacked by HE? why? well it shows gimli in forest (1. ambush prerequisite) and he is wearing a cloak from lorien (wehich makes people hard to sdee) so that would be great ambush picture imo...

for quees stalled, maybe you could use some pic from moria (when fellowship travel thru lower levels thru the dark); it really shows "neglect" and absence of dwarven working force, which somewhat is related to quees stalled situation when you govern the city.

for besieged settlement (by orcs of gundabad or any other faction) i would suggest using the pictureof misty mountains (also avialable from fellowship). why? well, acording to lore most of dwarf vs: orc/goblin wars were fought underneath the earth. so it could be good to show the mountains as the natural place where those battles occured. the pic you chose would be good for moria but not so good for other settlements i think; especially the dain's halls as in this case. however this picture could be used for gates breached or gates lost event during siege battles.

the most advanced sneak peak pic could be used for various economic or social events in my opinion... the pictures are generally great in quality and are extremly good at showing the message you want to give to the player, great work N!
    - Will take a look at it, get your idea - still loves flying Gimli though ^__^

- Moria would rather fit ockupied/exterminated settlement then I say?

- Misty Mountains, well I get your point but cant agree.
    As it is now you see a dwarven door barricaded > same door attacked. This could be a dwarven door anywhere really [although we know its Moria] while a Misty Mountains-pic would limit the imagination to just mountains while a player might be around kicking butt all over ME's plains.
    On topic I have changed the picture for besiged as can now be seen in the preview.

- What kind of other pics did you have in mind? There are quite a few on such topics...?

Thanks

some pics i had..maybe you could use em
    Last edited by Noobio; June 24, 2011 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    some pics i had..maybe you could use em
    Thanks! Some great pics there
    The child and the arrow in the black will be hard to use [the lenght of the pics has to be some 350px or longer to work, at least to avoid the risk of to big pixels] but figure I will make use of at least some of the others. The riders, dunland victories and the ringwraith in particulair

hm, the ambushed picture you added is working only for the underground battles, don't you think? if you are ambushed by an army in the woods it doesn't make much of a sence, does it? maybe, if you could use some scene from the Two Towers (hopefully expanded edition) where you could see those isengard's forces on the verge of the forest? something like that... unfortunatley it is very difficult to find suitable picturees, especially when u use movies as source for them...

i get and understand all other points you made, hopefully i'll help you to make this even better; with my remarks i mean... altough, if you find me annoying...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

there is actually nothing you can do about it, i'll keep on being annoying

@ Minas Moth
    No, I do not agree because the picture is not underground but rather at least some 20 feet up in the air, upon ground; even if its in a valley Now, the pic is not choosen because of the enviroment of an ambush but rather that a greater dwarven-sneak attack-ambush can hardly ever be seen. Its that special situation that motivates the picture.
    Though, that have to be understood if it shall work (also I thought it both fitting and hilarious, and without hilarious it will not be as good either)

Never worry Minas, I might not always agree but I always consider your input
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 25, 2011 at 04:26 PM.

Default Re: Remade Event Pictures - Previews

They look really neat.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast