Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Domesticus

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDA ⬤ SHINGEN View Post
    How can we do that? And if one upgrade gives 3 points, does it mean all upgrade give 3 points or can we have the first upgrade give 1 point, the second 2 points and the third 3 points?

No, the total score cannot exceed 3 additional points of the armor.

Even if you make 1, 2 or 3 armor upgrades you will never get more than 3 additional points.

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    No, the total score cannot exceed 3 additional points of the armor.

Even if you make 1, 2 or 3 armor upgrades you will never get more than 3 additional points.
    Oh I could have swear that i have read somewhere that it was possible to give more than 1 point of armour per level of upgrade. Maybe I misread it...

Domesticus

Oh I could have swear that i have read somewhere that it was possible to give more than 1 point of armour per level of upgrade. Maybe I misread it...
    Yes, 3 levels and maximum 3 points.

You can also have a level of 2 or 3 points.

Examples:
    Level 1 = 1 point, Level 2 = 1 point, Level 3 = 1 point (total 3 points).
    Level 1 = 1 points, Level 2 = 2 point, Level 3 = 0 points (total 3 points).
    Level 1 = 3 points, Level 2 = 0 points, Level 3 = 0 points (total 3 points).

You cannot have more than 3 total points.

Domesticus

export_descr_unit:

type Swiss Pikemen

dictionary Swiss_Pikemen ; Swiss Pikemen
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Heavy
    accent German
    banner faction main_spear
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Swiss_Pikemen, 60, 0, 1
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, pike
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 8, square, phalanx
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 14, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr spear, long_pike, spear_bonus_8
    stat_sec 13, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 0, 5, 0, flesh
    ;stat_armour_ex 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 0, 0, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 1, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 11, impetuous, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 470, 185, 115, 90, 470, 4, 110
    armour_ug_levels 0
    armour_ug_models Swiss_Pikemen
    ownership slave
    ;unit_info 14, 0, 5

armour_ug_levels 0

armour_ug_levels – This tells the game what the armor upgrades are. The Swiss Pikemen don’t have any, so our example will be from one that does – Viking Raiders.
    armour_ug_levels 0, 1, 2, 3
    The first value is the default armor level. The next are ones that can be upgraded. This is by smithy level. So Viking Raiders can be upgraded at smithy levels 1-3. Fairly simple.

armour_ug_models Swiss_Pikemen
    armour_ug_models – Fairly simple. Each value corresponds to an armor upgrade level and a model in the battle_models.modelsdb. This determines the appearance of the units. For example,
    armour_ug_models Viking_Raiders, Viking_Raiders_ug1, Viking_Raiders_ug2, Viking_Raiders_ug3
    Each of those means a different look for the unit at every one of the armor upgrade levels in the battle_models.modelsdb.

To get the armor upgrade to level 1 with 3 additional points (only works in the campaign):

armour_ug_levels 0, 1, 1, 1
    armour_ug_models Swiss_Pikemen, Swiss_Pikemen_ug1, Swiss_Pikemen_ug1, Swiss_Pikemen_ug1

Last edited by Crociato78; April 25, 2020 at 07:20 AM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Hungrykitten View Post
    Do you know whether it would be possible to increase the number of settlements that could be rebuilt? For example in Divide and Conquer, a sub-mod for M2TW, you can currently rebuild 4 I believe ( Annuminas, Fornost Erain, East and West Osgiliath).

Settelemnt rebuilding in TATW is based in allowing only specific factions to actually upgrade a specific settlement.
    So for example, ruined osgiliath is a large_city, and its restored version is a huge_city, and only Gondor can do such upgrade in that specific region of Osgiliath. So you think you're rebuilding the settlement but you're actually upgrading it normally like you do with all other settlements. The trick is that the large_city (ruined version) is a custom settlement with lots of ruined buildings, while the huge_city (restored version) is another custom settlement but with buildings restored.

Now, this is related to two engine mechanics, descr_buildings.txt and the .worldpkgdesc file of the settlement.

You can set lots of upgrade types for each settlement level in export_descr_buildings. So you could create many different types of huge_city upgrades for the same faction, and one of them could be set to be built only in osgiliath region, that would be the restored Osgiliath settlement that only Gondor could build, while in all other regions Gondor would upgrade to huge cities and get the generic settlement, not Osgiliath.

But this is not possible due to the other machanic of settlement upgrades. the .worldpkgdesc files.

This file allows only 1 battlemap settlement model for each level per faction.
    There are 11 levels of settlement for each faction and this is hardcoded.
    So no matter if you have, for example, multiple citadel types for the same faction in export_descr_buildings, once this faction upgrade a settlement to citadel, it will always load the same custom settlement in battlemap, wich is the one set in the citadel .worldpkgdesc file of that faction.

Resuming, in TATW no faction can upgrade settlements to huge city or citadels, except Gondor, and they can do it only in Osgiliath region.
    So as you can see, in TATW we reserved 2 slots for such "restorarions", huge_city and citadel.

Thats the limitation.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    In the next update there will be a new system for automatic editing of armies (usually used after online battles) on the strategic map

Congratulations, good news!

Currently armor upgrades can give a maximum of 3 points.

Can you possibly exceed this 3 points limit for updating armor?

Maybe it's not a difficult change to find! What do you say?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

This has been moved to its own forum to allow for better discussion of various features and future developments.

Gratulations on getting your own forum subsection

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Nice, was about time !

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Regarding immortality from aging. I thought a little and decided that it would be nice not to bother with calculating the age, etc., but just to put it always minimal for immortal generals. To make everything look more or less beautiful, I can give the opportunity to display text instead of age for such characters (if it will be very necessary, I will also make age later). Probably I will make it possible to declare immortal characters with a certain trait (later it will be possible to add additional bonuses depending on the level of trait) or anchillaries, and it can also be by name (this will all be set in a separate config file). It looks like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

but you can not display anything, it even looks better:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

MasterOfNone added the same feature to Fourth Age for Rome Total War not using memory editing, I wonder could you have used a similar process?

Edit: In FA generals aren’t immortal, their ages are just invisible and are instead indicated by a trait: young, mature, seasoned, old etc
    Last edited by Aexodus; April 26, 2020 at 08:05 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Well it shouldn't if your character keeps having babies. And if you get the adoption out of the way, the game should then prioritize character making babies. It will have to be tested for sure.
    I think removing adoption is a good idea. I never adopt anyways unless the circumstances are extreme and it would make sense to roleplay that the adoptee is a bastard son. Bloodline was so important in the Middle Ages.

Two other ideas. Man of the Hour should not be adopted into the family, but simply made a general. Maybe when that happens the faction has to pay for bodyguard + and extra thousand for the general. Also all daughters could be made princesses, not just the daughters of the leader and heir. Maybe they could be simply be called noble ladies, and would be the same as princesses except they can't do a marriage alliance. This would allow you to marry certain outsider generals into the family more easily.

Would it be possible to expand the number of unique generals in the descr_character file?

This thing looks huge. In theory you'll can play in multi, with any mod, right ?
    Awesome.

Default General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Hello everyone!
    Here we discuss the use of the program.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Congratulations on another game changing update.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Nothing really to contribute beyond- this looks great: please keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Nothing really to contribute beyond- this looks great: please keep it up!
    Tnx.
    Such messages are encouraging I do not plan to abandon the project.
    Although, of course, I would like more tangible support))

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

youneuoy, you are gold, please don't get sick.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

The system for labels looks great . The coords notably will now allow to easily give (/remove) traits to characters in ports without laborious scripts with witches and heretics.

Just a question: does it's possible to give a label to a character within a settlement or a fort?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Yes, it should see all characters within settlements/forts unless it is a captain. I_FactionNearTile and I_CharacterTypeNearTile works that way so Im pretty sure this will work the same way