Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051525354555657585974 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    erhh what? how? who??........I told you to "open", "edit".. call it whatever a .txt file of your installed game. You dont need to unpack anything

I know, i know, i have "reunited" arnor in a hotseat campaign in mos 1.6.2. Issue is that you should use those .bat files once you, playing as FPoE, have met the requeriments and you reunite Arnor kingdom, problem in my install is that playing whatever faction Arnor kingdom reemerge in turn 1.. and i guess thats not "working as intended"

Regards:

melvidh

PD: I am going atm through the process of making a new full TATW 3.2 install on a ( i hope this time "clean" for sure) MTW2 1.05, with taking ownership of directories, deleting virstual machine stuff.. etc, etc. To try to install again MOS 1.7 to see what happens.
    Okay, I wasn't sure if I'd need to unpack to access the files or not. Generally speaking, the folders in my TATW game files are "empty."

Arnor is emerging on turn one even if you click NOT to start the campaign with Arnor complete?

Edit: ah, just saw your edited response up above.
    Last edited by b2ector; June 25, 2017 at 08:26 AM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    That will be awesome if they did add that feature
    It has it's pros and cons. Visually, the settlements look pretty cool, but they can sometimes be buggy. Generally, arrow and ballista towers only work on custom settlements occasionally, the walls can have lots of impassable areas, and they can be difficult to defend. Some of the even settlements are just a little tree covered hill with a crappy wooden palisade around it. Orc encampments tend to be a big tent city surrounded by the same tiny wooden wall, and sometimes without even the benefit of the wall. They look good and are pretty more friendly though.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by b2ector View Post
    It has it's pros and cons. Visually, the settlements look pretty cool, but they can sometimes be buggy. Generally, arrow and ballista towers only work on custom settlements occasionally, the walls can have lots of impassable areas, and they can be difficult to defend. Some of the even settlements are just a little tree covered hill with a crappy wooden palisade around it. Orc encampments tend to be a big tent city surrounded by the same tiny wooden wall, and sometimes without even the benefit of the wall. They look good and are pretty more friendly though.
    Hmmm I wouldn't mind how you described thar orc tent city or the Elvish settlement that you describe I think I might actually be kind of accurate but I will be concerned over parts of the map being buggy and not be able to utilize it properly in battle. But overall I think the pay off of having it will be great
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; June 25, 2017 at 11:58 AM.

Hmmm I wouldn't mind how you described thar orc tent city or the Elvish settlement that you describe I think I might actually be kind of accurate but I will be concerned over parts of the map being buggy and not be able to utilize it properly in battle. But overall I think the pay off of having it will be great
    Overall, I'd say it's a positive part of the mod. Keep in mind, too, that I was playing RK on MOS 1.6.2 and there could be significant improvements in 1.8. Those submods came out years ago. I'll have to do some investigating in my 1.7 campaign.

It would be nice if MOS implemented the custom settlements from alternate patch 4.9

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Just like to say I'm ecstatic that you guys are resuming development.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    Just like to say I'm ecstatic that you guys are resuming development.
    Thank you, but until Hero of the West will provide us with an update about his work on 1.8, I have no idea how "tentatively" development is going at the moment.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

It would be nice if MOS implemented the custom settlements from alternate patch 4.9
    Personally I'd also like to see them implement the Laketown and Dale units from Reforged. I wonder if somebody's working on an updated Gundabad faction

Quote Originally Posted by Altar360 View Post
    Personally I'd also like to see them implement the Laketown and Dale units from Reforged. I wonder if somebody's working on an updated Gundabad faction
    Agree and Ogre units from hobbit film

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Agree and Ogre units from hobbit film
    I hope not since they are not lore friendly
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Tiro

Hello,

I started recently a hotseat campaign MOS 1.7 + enhanced MOS submod by rafmc1989 H/M, trying to play all "good dudes". So far so good i havent fount many troubles ( i havent seen elfs comming to help FPoE that i think we had in previous versions? , i mean like those dwarfs comming to help Dale or the Dale cavalry joining dwarfs )( Glimering caves are working too).
    I was wondering if we had somewhere a full list of "actual" and "internal" names ( call it whatever) of provinces/cities as they are displayed in campaign map and as they are used internally in game. Since ...Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt isnt helping me much to find Talath Muil/ Garth Helegof ( i dont know how to add the accent mark in the "o" in Helegof ( i have no clue where that accent mark is in spanish keyboard)) or Western Numeriador/ Perth-en-Lhun ( same with the accent mark in the "u" in Lhun. I want to use the "cheat" add_population and i cant make it work since i dont know how to add those cities with accent mark in name so i was wondering if "internal" names where other than those i see and where i can find them.

Regards:

melvidh

I had been playing a dwarves third age campaign, this went fine for the first 80 turns except for some crashes when i went looking around the map to fast. But i came to a point when it just crashes instantly on the 80th turn, always when it gets to the turn for the gundabad orcs. I just expected that this campaign was broken so i tried to make a new campaign with Rhûn. But when i tried this it just instantly crashed.
    I have windows 8, non steam medieval total war II, TATW 3.2 and mos submod. i dont know how much of a difference this makes.

Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    I hope not since they are not lore friendly
    Your right very right. However A lot that's already in the game is really inspired more from the movie rather than the actual books which the films in itself took a lot of liberties

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Hello,

I started recently a hotseat campaign MOS 1.7 + enhanced MOS submod by rafmc1989 H/M, trying to play all "good dudes". So far so good i havent fount many troubles ( i havent seen elfs comming to help FPoE that i think we had in previous versions? , i mean like those dwarfs comming to help Dale or the Dale cavalry joining dwarfs )( Glimering caves are working too).
    I was wondering if we had somewhere a full list of "actual" and "internal" names ( call it whatever) of provinces/cities as they are displayed in campaign map and as they are used internally in game. Since ...Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt isnt helping me much to find Talath Muil/ Garth Helegof ( i dont know how to add the accent mark in the "o" in Helegof ( i have no clue where that accent mark is in spanish keyboard)) or Western Numeriador/ Perth-en-Lhun ( same with the accent mark in the "u" in Lhun. I want to use the "cheat" add_population and i cant make it work since i dont know how to add those cities with accent mark in name so i was wondering if "internal" names where other than those i see and where i can find them.

Regards:

melvidh
    The file you need to look at is the imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names text file which is located in the Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\text folder. If you wish to add the unique accents here is a link to a good resource: LINK. To get the lower case o with accent in Garth Helegôf you need to hold the 'alt' key and type 0244 and release.

Quote Originally Posted by Devoz View Post
    I had been playing a dwarves third age campaign, this went fine for the first 80 turns except for some crashes when i went looking around the map to fast. But i came to a point when it just crashes instantly on the 80th turn, always when it gets to the turn for the gundabad orcs. I just expected that this campaign was broken so i tried to make a new campaign with Rhûn. But when i tried this it just instantly crashed.
    I have windows 8, non steam medieval total war II, TATW 3.2 and mos submod. i dont know how much of a difference this makes.

Any help would be appreciated!
    If you can post a copy of your error logs that would be helpful.

Just started a campaign with silvan elves,like yesterday.I played today for a few hours and only got out of the game for a SINGLE minute to check something at the submods for MoS.I got backe to my game and ABSOLUTELY NO SAVE works anymore.I mean,what has happened?Very disappointed with this mod.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

'What happened'? 'Disappointed'? Caps lock?
    Never heard anyone having that problem with any mod, MOS included, in all my years. So reverse the question: how did you manage to do that?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    If you can post a copy of your error logs that would be helpful.
    not entirely sure how i am supposed to find these logs, or copy them here. i did figure out some other things, it doesnt crash when i start a campaign with the high elves, but it does when i try to start a campaign with rhûn. And the crashes when i browse the map mostly happen around the mordor/sea of rhûn area. dont know how much that helps, as soon as i figure out how to post the logs i will! thanks for helping btw

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    'What happened'? 'Disappointed'? Caps lock?
    Never heard anyone having that problem with any mod, MOS included, in all my years. So reverse the question: how did you manage to do that?
    Like I said.I did absolutely nothing.I just got out of the game,and went to this thread to check something about the submods.I launched again,and when I tried loading,my game crashed.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Iuly32 View Post
    Just started a campaign with silvan elves,like yesterday.I played today for a few hours and only got out of the game for a SINGLE minute to check something at the submods for MoS.I got backe to my game and ABSOLUTELY NO SAVE works anymore.I mean,what has happened?Very disappointed with this mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iuly32 View Post
    Like I said.I did absolutely nothing.I just got out of the game,and went to this thread to check something about the submods.I launched again,and when I tried loading,my game crashed.
    Bad luck, I suppose, but almost certainly something that happens on your computer. I understand the frustration of not being able to continue playing a campaign, but this can happen now and again. I have seen it being mentioned before a few times by people playing MOS, but other mods also. I would not be surprised if this happens with MTW2 itself now and then.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze