Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.04h is released!

Are some nations hated more than others?
    I found that diplomacy is tailored for each faction. When you are playing alliances should come easier with particular nations and total war for others.

before, Arkhe Oligarkou had Hoplitai while Arkhe Tyrranou had only Hoplitai Haploi. Now that the Bosphoran governments have have changed, Arkhe Tyrranou is better than Arkhe Oligarkou from a game play point of view. Oligarkou has 5% less public order with the same recruitment for 8000 Mnai and higher prerequisites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    I found that diplomacy is tailored for each faction. When you are playing alliances should come easier with particular nations and total war for others.

before, Arkhe Oligarkou had Hoplitai while Arkhe Tyrranou had only Hoplitai Haploi. Now that the Bosphoran governments have have changed, Arkhe Tyrranou is better than Arkhe Oligarkou from a game play point of view. Oligarkou has 5% less public order with the same recruitment for 8000 Mnai and higher prerequisites.
    Ironically, I'm changing these two right now for 2.04i as I realise the intent behind them - and that they're essentially the Bosporan versions of the Native Administration/Supervised Native Administration. There will be a noticeable difference between them and other types, and between each other. Though moreso in the autumn release, with a Thraikian and Skythian roster, than will be apparent here.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post

Yes this is correct, diplomacy is tailored for each faction and it will be easier to obtain alliances with some factions compared to others (along with historical wars being harder to get out of).
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ribtickler View Post
    Iv started a new game and this is the new error log
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    16:17:08.585 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    16:17:08.585 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga.dds
    16:17:08.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    16:17:08.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga.dds
    16:17:08.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    16:17:08.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_2/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    16:17:08.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/cul_2/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga.dds
    16:17:08.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/cul_2/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    16:17:08.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_2/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga.dds
    16:17:08.587 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_2/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    16:17:08.587 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Users\you\Documents\europa barbaroum 2)
    16:17:08.587 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    16:17:08.587 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Users\you\Documents\europa barbaroum
    )
    16:17:08.588 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    This problem should be fixed with the latest update - it's a missing text.

Game crashes when you try to appoint someone to the Seleukid Royal Court. I've installed the new update twice (and ran the thingie that cleans up any redundant files) but it definitely isn't fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Damian View Post
    Game crashes when you try to appoint someone to the Seleukid Royal Court. I've installed the new update twice (and ran the thingie that cleans up any redundant files) but it definitely isn't fixed.
    What does your error log say? Again I've tested it myself and on my machine it works fine. I've just searched the historic_events for illegal characters, and nothing I can see there.

Mine is still crashing also when giving a royal court appointment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I_Damian View Post
    You have to start a new game, the fix is not save game compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You have to start a new game, the fix is not save game compatible.
    I did start new games each time.

Sorry to double post but the option to edit my post isn't there:

Is anybody else having this problem (2.04h update now fixing the "appoint to Seleukid court" causing a CTD) running Windows 10? Because I'm trying to edit the file that allows the EB team to see crash log reports (a simple editing of a notepad file in Med 2>Mods>EBII) and no matter what I do I'm getting "access denied" when trying to save the changes.

I've ran as administrator, turned UAC off entirely, I've even been in contact with Microsoft and followed their steps, and even though I am the administrator and I have full and total permissions I can't edit this bloody file. Windows won't let me. Could Windows 10 possibly be blocking parts of the 2.04h update from overwriting files properly?

Blog Entries

Have you checked if the file is write protected? Right click the file and choose 'properties' - then at the bottom are tick boxes (that should not be ticked)

I have neither win8 or win10 so I can only take a wild guess: does win10 have a 'windows store'? It's equivalent to the virtual store in win7 I suppose.
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 27, 2015 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Have you checked if the file is write protected? Right click the file and choose 'properties' - then at the bottom are tick boxes (that should not be ticked)

I have neither win8 or win10 so I can only take a wild guess: does win10 have a 'windows store'? It's equivalent to the virtual store in win7 I suppose.
    That wasn't the problem anyway. I deleted EB2 and Med2 and reinstalled it (not in program files this time) and re-applied the 2.04h patch and changed the line in the file to allow it to save error logs. It still crashes when appointing someone to the Seleukid court (I've restarted the game many times and tried to appoint every possible general/family member and it crashes on every single one).

There's no log file/folder for me to post the log to however.

Its not fixed, im on windows 8 and still get a ctd on royal appointments. Also this problem (for me) only started on 2.04 H.

Heres my latest log

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    09:40:48.230 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/young/generals/054.tga,26540
    09:40:48.230 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/young/generals/054.tga (from: C:\Users\you\Documents\europa barbaroum 2)
    09:40:48.231 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/young/generals/014.tga,26540
    09:40:48.231 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/young/generals/014.tga (from: C:\Users\you\Documents\europa barbaroum 2)
    09:40:48.232 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/young/generals/004.tga,26540
    09:40:48.232 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/young/generals/004.tga (from: C:\Users\you\Documents\europa barbaroum 2)
    09:40:48.232 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/old/generals/000.tga,26540
    09:40:48.232 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/old/generals/000.tga (from: C:\Users\you\Documents\europa barbaroum 2)
    09:40:48.233 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 13729 in mods/EBII/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    09:40:48.233 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    09:40:48.233 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga.dds
    09:40:48.233 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    09:40:48.233 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga.dds
    09:40:48.234 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    09:40:48.234 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_2/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    09:40:48.234 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/cul_2/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga.dds
    09:40:48.234 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/cul_2/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    09:40:48.234 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_2/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga.dds
    09:40:48.234 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_2/eventpics/HE_COURTAPPOINT.tga
    09:40:48.234 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Users\you\Documents\europa barbaroum 2)
    09:40:48.235 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    09:40:48.235 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/ui/cul_3/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Users\you\Documents\europa barbaroum 2)
    09:40:48.235 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Apologies to everyone having trouble with the court appointment; I've found the source of the problem and it is me. I didn't copy the updated campaign_script across to the area where I compile the zips that turn into the updates.

I've got a few other bits and pieces I want to put into 2.04i, then I'll have that fixed too.

In the meantime, if you get yourself Notepad++ and go to line 13733 in [your M2TW directory]\mods\EBII\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt, it's a really easy change to fix:

Change:
    Code:
    historic_event HE_COURTAPPOINT
    To:
    Code:
    historic_event EC_COURTAPPOINT
    That's it. Not savegame compatible, though.

Yep, that works, thanks Quintus.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Apologies to everyone having trouble with the court appointment; I've found the source of the problem and it is me. I didn't copy the updated campaign_script across to the area where I compile the zips that turn into the updates.

I've got a few other bits and pieces I want to put into 2.04i, then I'll have that fixed too.

In the meantime, if you get yourself Notepad++ and go to line 13733 in [your M2TW directory]\mods\EBII\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt, it's a really easy change to fix:

Change:
    Code:
    historic_event HE_COURTAPPOINT
    To:
    Code:
    historic_event EC_COURTAPPOINT
    That's it. Not savegame compatible, though.
    Thanks a lot for that. I just started playing EB2 today for the first time in about 6 months (been ridiculously busy, new job and such) and was dying to play as the Seleukids.

I'm about to get 2.04i out shortly (just testing it), so you may both want to wait. Particularly because I'm trialling a cap of 4 assassins for AI factions, which is particularly important given AI Ptolemaioi's propensity to hire assassins.

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.04i is released!

Changelist for 2.04i
    • Another adjustment to Illyrioi Hoplitai.
    • Slight change to garrisons.
    • Reworked two of the Bosporan government buildings - the Tyrranos and Oligarchy are now like the Supervised Native Administration and Native Administration buildings of other Hellenistic factions.
    • Posted the correct campaign_script this time.
    • Trialling a limit of no more than 4 assassins per AI faction.

Sorry, I didn't release the updated campaign_script with 2.04h, meaning the Seleukid court CTD wasn't fixed. Now it is, plus some new things to test.

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.04i is released!

Having now seen the concept for the proper Getai bodyguard unit, I'm really tempted to switch their current one for the Boii Donno Eporedoi for 2.04j. Would that interest anyone in playing the Getai some? They've got all new, revamped recruitment along with some other "barbarian" factions. I'd be interested in some feedback, especially as a precursor to the autumn release - they're going to be one of the most changed factions.