Page 92 of 364 FirstFirst ... 4267828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102117142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 7277

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke1717 View Post
    One question. Not sure if anyone has asked this but is this update from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 save game compatible.
    No, it's not.
    Remember to download the 3 bugfixes before you start playing (and run the cleaner after) as they are not savegame compatible either.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Thanks Greymane I appreciate the reply. Just one question (this is for anyone) the change list mentions "New unit textures, armor upgrades, and strat map colors for Elves; new unit textures and armor upgrades for Gondor; faction names and ship models by dIRECT0R". The question is, does the texture changes work like in original ME2TW where a units look actually changed to reflect the updated armour or is that just new ship models for factions.

Deathcake's Avatar Tiro

In some cases, yes there are visual armour upgrades to units for different armour levels, but not all units.... yet

I forgot some things earlier:

I strongly vote for adjusted campaign map colours.

With fow_off Arnor reunited, Isengard and Mordor are sharing the same black with just another border colour. It's difficult to see quickly who's who on the campaign minimap. Obviously it's not the same color, but I always have to lock twice to be sure. Possibly replace the black of Isengard as Arnor and Mordor are unlikely to share borders. In general black is not a good colour for any faction on the campaign map. Some Mods changed the black of HRE in SS and it was very pleasing to see.

With fow_on it's especially difficult to tell a difference between the HE, Dwarfes and Dale regions. It looks all light blueish to me on a quick look.

Why is Grapeshot in the game? It's overpowered and I don't see any connection to the lore.

Once in a while I get fleet related quests during my dwarven campaign like "Blockade Port X and get some reward." Needless to say I'm not able to build a ship anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Duscha View Post
    I forgot some things earlier:
    Once in a while I get fleet related quests during my dwarven campaign like "Blockade Port X and get some reward." Needless to say I'm not able to build a ship anywhere.
    You don't need a ship to blockade a port.
    You can take a unit and stand it on the port to blockade it.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Now that we are speaking about faction colors on the campaign map:
    Am I the only one who almost cannot distinquish Lorien territory from Rebel territory?
    Maybe make Lorien slightly more yellow or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    You don't need a ship to blockade a port.
    You can take a unit and stand it on the port to blockade it.
    Wow, thanks for the hint. Didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Am I the only one who almost cannot distinquish Lorien territory from Rebel territory?
    Yes, that's another color issue. I forgot about that one.

Slightly easier when you have map info off them to be fair have a feeling lorien won't be around much longer though, sauron got his grubby little hands on the one ring!
    yellow does make sense for lorien since the silvans are green not to mention lorien being full of malorn trees!

also finding it hard to distinguish mordor from isengard atm too, due to them both teaming up on rohan and gondor

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

“Remember to download the 3 bugfixes before you start playing”
    ???
    There are THREE of them?
    May I ask where to find all of the three bugfixes?
    In the first page there is only one bugfix download link...

So if Aragorn is made faction leader of Gondor, I assume the faction leader title is changed to King instead of Steward. If so, is there a certain trait that affects this, and can it be applied to other characters?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    “Remember to download the 3 bugfixes before you start playing”
    ???
    There are THREE of them?
    May I ask where to find all of the three bugfixes?
    In the first page there is only one bugfix download link...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13507584

page 14 of this thread, posted by Stylix

beware that sometime the page resizes, so just scroll to find the post from Stylix
    Last edited by Flinn; February 20, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by DaysBefore View Post
    So if Aragorn is made faction leader of Gondor, I assume the faction leader title is changed to King instead of Steward. If so, is there a certain trait that affects this, and can it be applied to other characters?
    Nope, but it can be fixed manually super easy.
    Open expanded.txt in data/text and look for this line;
    EMT_SICILY_FACTION_LEADER_NAME}Steward %S
    and this line;
    EMT_SICILY_FORMER_FACTION_LEADER_TITLE}Steward
    Change Steward to King and that's all. Saved game compatible.
    And siply change back to Steward when you start a new campaign.
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 20, 2014 at 09:39 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Saitouakira's Avatar Civis

your not the only one greymane i also have hard time with it

Thanks for the help again Ngugi

In my campaign, wooden castles aren't upgrading to the next tier. I've downloaded all the bugfixes, and they fixed an equivalent issue with the villages, but not with the Wooden Castles. Also, like I've said before, Dwarves and Arnor are camping several full stacks by their capitals and not doing anything with them. In fact, none of the factions for which I've activated the "ally invade" script, seem to be taking any initiative to enter enemy territory and engage hostile armies, dozens of turns after I enabled it. Could this be a military access issue?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    In my campaign, wooden castles aren't upgrading to the next tier. I've downloaded all the bugfixes, and they fixed an equivalent issue with the villages, but not with the Wooden Castles. Also, like I've said before, Dwarves and Arnor are camping several full stacks by their capitals and not doing anything with them. In fact, none of the factions for which I've activated the "ally invade" script, seem to be taking any initiative to enter enemy territory and engage hostile armies, dozens of turns after I enabled it. Could this be a military access issue?
    What faction are you playing?
    If it's an Elven one, they can't upgrade castles. This has to do with Leo's alternative patch which is used in MOS.
    This is also the case for OOG, OOTMM, MORDOR, ISENGARD and Rohan. See my post 1839 for details.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 20, 2014 at 03:03 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    What faction are you playing?
    If it's an Elven one, they can't upgrade castles. This has to do with Leo's alternative patch which is used in MOS.
    Does that go for all version of the mod? I recall being able to upgrade them as elves..
    Imperium Romanum

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    Does that go for all version of the mod? I recall being able to upgrade them as elves..
    It's been like this for a while now, but IIRC in the early MOS versions this upgrade restrictions were not yet implemented.

From Leo's Alternative patch changelog:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - New icons and descriptions for upgrading settlements. The ones in vanilla actually never matched reality. They were wall images, but when you upgrade the settlement you dont upgrade just the wall but all the settlment itself. For TATW, there is custom settlements wich dont even has walls. And as now factions like gondor will have stone walls for places where there was wooden ones before (large_towns), I've changed all these images to a generic building image. Each upgrade will show new descriptions matching the new system. The same goes to castles. So now upgrades in settlements will really worth a read on their descriptions! No more orc encampments with wooden palisades showing large stone walls descriptions, no more "God" quoted in fortress descriptions etc. Now everything is more to the LOTR mood.

-New descriptions for each faction on the faction choose menu, at the start of the campaign, showing its settlement features.

-Each faction will now have a more unique settlement characteristic. Some factions will not be able to upgrade certain types of settlements anymore, their building techtrees will be unlocked via 3 events, so they can upgrade all buildings, level after level with a new time/turn restriction, but they cannot upgrade the settlement itself. A proper analysis on that new system will prove it is lore accurate and also gives more uniqueness to each faction, beeing also a immersion booster. Settlements will be now a really different feature for each faction, like units are. This is how it will be:

GONDOR (ALL STRONG SETTLEMENTS)

-No restrictions about upgrading cities or castles.
    -No wooden palisade walls in large towns but stone walls.
    -No wooden wall in any castle level.

HARAD, RHUN, DALE

No restrictions about upgrading cities or castles.

FPPO (NORMAL)

No restrictions about upgrading cities or castles.
    "Large_Castle" will load a "Castle" settlement, "Large_City" will load a "City" Settlement, and no ability to build ballista towers. After restoring Eriador, there will be no such restrictions anymore. That really makes the Restoring Arnor feature more interesting.

OOG, OOTMM, MORDOR and ISENGARD (WEAK CITIES, NO CASTLES)

Can upgrade all cities but no castles.
    Cannot build balista towers, no building icon shown. (Their custom cities battlemaps has no towers, and that is lore accurate at all).

HIGH ELVES (NORMAL CITIES, NO CASTLES)

Can upgrade cities but no castles.

SILVAN ELVES (NORMAL CITIES, NO CASTLES)

Cannot upgrade castles or have stone walls in cities (city and large_city will load large_town model).
    Cannot build ballista towers.

DWARVES (NORMAL)

Can upgrade everything. (But their city models are very limitated, see the preview)

ROHAN (WEAK CITIES, WOODEN CASTLE)

-Can upgrade all cities but is not able to have stone walls, even if the settlement upgrades to city or large city, it will still be a large town in the battle map. (weird siege engine animations in large cities but works anyway)
    -Can upgrade castles until "wooden_castle". (Lore...)
    -Cannot build balista towers, no building icon shown. (Lore reasons).

Only parts of Leo's mod are used in MOS and there are also a lot of changes in his mod that are not mentioned in the text above.
    Check his THREAD if you want to know more.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 20, 2014 at 03:13 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Delete map.rwm file in your M2TW/ mods/ Folder where MOS is installed/data/ world/ maps/ base folder.

And, delete all *strings.bin files in your M2TW/ mods/ Folder where MOS is installed/data/ text folder.
    Okay, I have everything working now. Thank you so much for your help.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

How do you construct a History Guild when playing as the High Elves????? It says that I need to construct one in Imaldris ( a large city) , but its only available for castles... and I cant convert it into a castle...