Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1650

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Can't see the images. Imageshack hates me.

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Imageshack took them down long time ago. I think I will need to get around making new images.

BTW: Didnt do any work. Still thinking about the Lamedon CoA. Maybe Ill try making the first version of the Lamedon Nobles tough.

Hey folks. Sorry for being inactive, but I still didnt do much work. Right now Im playing Witcher 3 and there are some really nice models for grunts that i may take as a reference.

However, when playing Witcher 3 I noticed how they did normal maps and the specularicty/gloss/etc. for plate armors. In short: you are able to see the hammering marks. I decided to try making something like this in MTW2. Well, since MTW2 shaders are pretty limited to work with I still think I got something decent. Thing to note that the changes only are visible in light

NOTE: Both soldiers use same textures more or less. The general has the old normals (and a different helmet), so the only real difference are is the bump mapping and different specularity.

New normals and spec

Old normals for comparison

Also I found the GEMFX shader tool with lets me squeeze even more from MTW2 graphics engine. I especially like the HBO with lets you sharpen the picture, also realistic shader looks nice

New normals with GEMFX shader turned on

And as a final comparison: pay attention to the shoulder pads (GEMFX on), the base texture is exactly the same, only change is bump mapping and spec tweaks

Old normals

New normals

The change may not be big, but considering I could squeeze out more out of MTW2 with some clever bump mapping and specularity tweaks it still something nice. Im still working on figuring out exact values in order to fine tune the whole normal maps thing.

EDIT: Some more tweaking. I focused on the main chest piece, made the irregularities bit less defined and I think it looks better now.

More tweaks

EDIT 2: I edited the textures a bit. I simply used the 1st upgrade (one without shoulder pads) as a base and added white tree to armor, leaving everything else like it was before on the 2nd upgrade. Small change, but now the normals look even better.

Check out the album: http://imgur.com/a/gM8Jk#0
    Last edited by Taro_M; June 02, 2015 at 09:52 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool! The new units look more realistic! They are indeed better than the old ones. Are you overhauling more units using this new technique?

Can't see faramir and boromir perview photos, could you post them again?

Cool! The new units look more realistic! They are indeed better than the old ones. Are you overhauling more units using this new technique?
    This tweaks will be used for any new units, but I do plan a big revision so I may use the new normals as well.

Can't see faramir and boromir perview photos, could you post them again?
    eh.. I will need to make brand new previews as old ones were deleted. For all units this time. Well, heres quick preview of Big B and Little F . Note they are more like "close enough" work.

Boromir & Faramir

Wow I really like how the hair looks, it's so damn difficult to get it right but yours looks even greasy and messy as it should be! + rep
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Hey folks, Im sorry for the lack of updates. I could just say I got a job, but its not a real excuse for not working on this project much, Im just being lazy yet again.

I still need to start making Lamedon Nobles.

I also plan to remake the militia grunts (yeomen, guardsmen etc.) as I feel they need some love. I also want to create new shield for Pinnath Gelin House Knights.

At least the new job means some money for me, so I may finally be able to purchase few things I wanted for my computer.

BTW: What do you guys think about this:

Le stuff

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Is that.... a painting? Or a filter?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

An effect of countless hours spent at the canvas!
    And totally not a PS filter applied to screenshot!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Taro M, you simply rule, bro! These units are amazing and look fantastic in the Divide and Conquer sub mod. Cheers.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    An effect of countless hours spent at the canvas!
    And totally not a PS filter applied to screenshot!
    Still awesome.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Concerning the normals: I'm not sure about them, they don't strike me as a must-have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    I also want to create new shield for Pinnath Gelin House Knights.
    How so?

Damn, time sure flies.

Anyway, I decided to get back into modding/modelling saddle and I retouched the new Pinnath Gelin House Knights.

The cloaks are out and the Scarf-thingy (TM) makes a triumphant return. The shield has been completely replaced by a one modelled from scratch. To add some more diversity I have added small emblems that some (its random) soldiers can have pinned to the chest, there are 59 possible emblems (yeah it took some time to set them up right).

Retouched new Pinnath Gelin House Knights

Album: http://imgur.com/a/FvMD3

Hope you guys are still interested...

Old new Pinnath Gelin Knights for reference: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14184269
    Last edited by Taro_M; January 20, 2016 at 08:06 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

An active Taro_M is a good Taro_M! ^^

No go fix the OP so folk may drool and know what they're missing

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

But that would mean that I need to actually install all of my units and make screenshots .

I think I will redo the screenshots with GEMFX turned on, otherwise MTW2 looks pasty.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Since you removed the green capes, could you make the green variations dominate?

But that would mean that I need to actually install all of my units and make screenshots .
    You could istall a submod that has most of them included to save some time.

Since you removed the green capes, could you make the green variations dominate?
    Its random, so even if I make more copies of green stuff game might just choose black instead. So it remains as it is, PG Knights have equipment unique enough to recognize them at glance.

You could istall a submod that has most of them included to save some time.
    Nah, I would run into the trouble with reaching the EDU limit if I wanted to have all of my units in, I will be working off vanilla TA with all merc units deleted for more space.

Retouched upgraded Pinnath Gelin House Knights.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Album: http://imgur.com/a/DxyQE

Im happy how they turned out. Im not sure who should I go for next: Greenhills Riders or Lamedon Nobles.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Very nice, love it!
    Any chance btw you will be creating some stuff for the Arnorian units? They should be very similar in overal style.