Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Tôl Acharn 1.2.4 released 12th Aug 2013 - unleash the mighty Dúnedain Counter-Invasions for TATW 3.2

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: DCI -Dúnedain Counter-Invasions - Beta out; v1.0 planned till sunday

A quick executive meeting and the name change is done. Fast work Ngu.

We had actually discussed this at length some time back. A timely post there, Macilrille. It makes sense that the name change happens prior to v1.0.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: DCI -Dúnedain Counter-Invasions - Beta out; v1.0 planned till sunday

Glad to be of some small service.

I am too lazy to look up what "Struggle" would be in Sindarrin or Quenys right now, but that might be suitable instead.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

We use the sindarin phrase 'Tôl Acharn' as the name of the counter-invasion itself.
    But it was quite early concluded that we could not use such in the mods name because then people would not understand what it is or is about, seeing it. And it wouldn't be fun for neither them or us if people miss the opportunity to play the mod because of a non-understandable and non-explanatory mod-title.
    Dúnedain Counter-Invasions is quite clear and direct and hope it brings peoples minds to some serious Orc-whipping

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: DCI - Dúnedain Counter-Invasions - v1.0 is out

And version 1.0 is out

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool!

Yay! Good work Ngugi. The strat model looks great.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

I do hope when the Third Age announce the release of another Version with new Custom Settlements Etc. That Dunedain Counter-Invasions will make it to the Patch like the One Ring, Palantir and Corsair Invasions have?
    It's a definate must have feature amongst all the other great scripts designed for the Game.

Thanks Ron. Some kind of Jihad feature has been requested since TATW 1.0 was still in development. I suspect that many wouldn't want it - evil players mostly, I expect - so putting it into TATW without some kind of activation option would be a big call.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: DCI - Dúnedain Counter-Invasions: unleash the mighty Tôl Acharn - v1.0 is out

Guys, i'm sorry but i can't start the mod... I copy/pasted the folder in the .rar file into a clean folder (no mods), and when i start Third-Age, i get the "vanilla" Medieval 2 Total War screen, and after that it crashes...

Default Re: DCI - Dúnedain Counter-Invasions: unleash the mighty Tôl Acharn - v1.0 is out

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    Guys, i'm sorry but i can't start the mod... I copy/pasted the folder in the .rar file into a clean folder (no mods), and when i start Third-Age, i get the "vanilla" Medieval 2 Total War screen, and after that it crashes...
    Hmm, odd: Just tested to install 3.1 and then the .rar into it - no such problem as you described. Sure the .rar got extracted right or something else like that?

I just tested it too. No problems here.

That problem sounds familiar from my old MOS thread days. I don't recall the solution off hand.

Question/Suggestion:
    Knights of Dol Amroth are just about the closest thing you get to pure Númenórean blood, sans possibly The Rangers.

Would they not be volunteers (cheap Mercs) for the Tol Acharn?

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Well, i just reinstalled both Medieval 2/Kindoms Expansion and Third Age 3 + 3.1 and the Dúnedain Counter-Invasions Mod (altough I like the "Tôl Acharn" name) and it is working now!! I don't not what was wrong. Sometimes things just don't want to work...
    Great mod!! Congrats!! (I would rep if I could)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    Try doing a forum search for your symptoms (vanilla m2tw screen ctd) if you have no luck Kindjal.

And if you get it sorted please let us know how, in case someone has the same problem later.

Already solved. Great. Enjoy.

And don't forget to delete map.rwm! I forgot and I couldn't recruit anything in Gondor.

Interesting idea, will keep it in mind. Probably when people have played it for a while we can tell weither it would be OP or fit in later versions

Edit:
    @Kindjal'
    Sweet
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 02, 2012 at 08:35 AM.

I like "Tol Acharn" too but the current name gives newcomers some idea of what it's about. "Counter-Invasions" doesn't appear in-game ... it's "Tol Acharn" all the way in there.

I have a really sweet Gondor Campaign going, though starting with the Reunited KD (which makes it harder, not easier). When I end that I will try one with DCI.

Does it work with Samedi's Submods?
    Last edited by Macilrille; April 02, 2012 at 09:05 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell
    No

Thanks A', missed the question

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

I just came by to tell you this...

ING AMAZING!!! I am just loving to play TA with this incredible mod!!

Congrats!!