Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M2TW Developer Documentation and Ultimate Docudemons 4.0

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: M2TW Ultimate Docudemons 4.0

That's certainly an interesting find, I figured you had to mean something like that as you couldn't have been otherwise aloof . So much for my 1,000 islands all different regions mod . It's still quite curious why it would do this, especially the number 18, some of these numbers that are hardcoded limits just simply make **** for sense.

Cheers,
    Augustus

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I dont think they intended to make any sense when the limits where imposed lol

Such as cultures, i doubt they sat down and said hey lets cap that one at 7. I figure they originally had 7 and the engine was coded to look for 7, then they removed a couple.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    I dont think they intended to make any sense when the limits where imposed lol

Such as cultures, i doubt they sat down and said hey lets cap that one at 7. I figure they originally had 7 and the engine was coded to look for 7, then they removed a couple.
    That's pretty obvious just from a look at some of the limits . I mean, what the hell is with the building tree limits? I guess 9 per tree makes sense, but however many it is amount of trees, that's just wtfbbq territory right there.

I don't know if I'll be able to play empire for more than 3 days before trying to see how the engine works and using chainsaws to unpack the files if necessary, just because I'm eager to find if they truly made it that much more accessible, or if it's just a crock of sales hype.

And what did you think about the wiki idea for the DocuDemons? I tested it and could see it working out nicely for a few of the sections. I think some of them will need to be creative in the way they're done, but I'm sure I could get it all up there and much more accessible with sorting vars. If you're willing to see what it looks like I'll do some work getting the Conditions tab, at least some of it, added so you can see what I'm talking about firsthand and how useful I found it in just some minor tests. Oh, and doing it on my own MediaWiki software so I can make sure no one unauthorized edits it, since I know that's one of your pet peeves.

Cheers,
    Augustus

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    And what did you think about the wiki idea for the DocuDemons? I tested it and could see it working out nicely for a few of the sections. I think some of them will need to be creative in the way they're done, but I'm sure I could get it all up there and much more accessible with sorting vars. If you're willing to see what it looks like I'll do some work getting the Conditions tab, at least some of it, added so you can see what I'm talking about firsthand and how useful I found it in just some minor tests.
    I would have to see it first I guess, but it sure sounds like a ton of work. I know how much it was compiling it in the first place.

Oh, and doing it on my own MediaWiki software so I can make sure no one unauthorized edits it, since I know that's one of your pet peeves.
    I dunno if I would call it a pet peeve or not lol but thats probably a fair assessment. The reason I am like that with this file is because I think it is by far the largest single source of information out there. The Wiki is great, but I actually started 1.0 well before the Wiki, and did all the reasearch behind it single handedly.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    I would have to see it first I guess, but it sure sounds like a ton of work. I know how much it was compiling it in the first place.

I dunno if I would call it a pet peeve or not lol but thats probably a fair assessment. The reason I am like that with this file is because I think it is by far the largest single source of information out there. The Wiki is great, but I actually started 1.0 well before the Wiki, and did all the research behind it single handedly.
    Well the good thing about a wiki, is that we can get multiple users on the input of the work, putting in all of the commands into tables and the like, who are interested in helping, unlike so much an excel file, where people could give information but you have to do all the input. Also we already have enough of a basis just as far as transcribing what's already there is concerned.

Cheers,
    Augustus

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I have been talking with Sim a bit and told him that if you wanted to organize a project like this that you were free to do so in whatever you felt was the best way. I will contribute some but my main focus will be the collection of information and my other modding projects.

Also this will not replace the downloadable version, but compliment it. A downloadable version has a few benefits that a Wiki doesnt. The search functions are better, and its portable. I have used it on airplanes and in hotels with crappy internet and on vacation in a cabin with no internet at all.

So whatever happened to version 5.0?

Ohhh, i like!!! +rep

EDIT: I have read it, brilliant!!! I love u!!!

Proudly Editing Borissomeone's Fan Fiction (here)

The_Steppenwulf's Avatar Libertus
    formerly Yorkshire,UK - currently Devonshire, UK

I've been using version 4 of the dudocomens to script my mod for over a year now and I've found it to be the most indispensable and comprehensive information available for modders. However, I have one niggling query, that will not go away. How does one use the command: "spawn_battle", & apply it in a campaign script?
    I believe the only place this command is found is in the M2TW demo campaign where it drives the battle script of a 'custom' (wfc file) battle. The point for me is that, in the sake of experimentation, I would like to get a battle script operating from my main campaign script. I figure that this must be possible and really would open up the possibilities for custom tiles within a campaign.
    Any informed advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

ps @ TWC moderators - What happened to the "delete message" fuction?
    PM sent

Try spawning an existing battle from the maps/battle/custom folder (spawn_battle battle/custom/battlename). Probably have to check the faction playability. You can make your own custom battles with the editor if it works.

However, it is very easy to use custom battlemaps in campaign (using custom_tiles_db.txt). Although this only works for tiles that do not have a settlement or fort on them.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

monitor_events SettlementTurnEnd SettlementName London
    GarrisonToPopulationRatio > 0.50
    console_command add_population London, -500
    end_monitor

A ratio of 1.0 would mean that the amount of soldiers is equal to the population.
    A ration of 0.50 would mean that the amount of soldiers is half to the population.
    A ration of 50 would mean that you have fifty times the soldiers then you have population - highly unlikely.

i downloaded the file..but when opened, it was more or less empty (!) ..a certain window poped-up by excel telling that some "blocked" featrues may not be visible..
    could someone explain how to resolve this ? or maybe just upload it in a simple text.form ???

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Your spreadsheet should look like this (see attachment). Check the tabs I marked for all the various info.

ok..thanks a lot! it's like the first time i ever used excel...

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I have unlocked this file so it can be change by anyone, just download it again from the original location.

Anyone that makes changes to it can distribute it as they see fit. Modders that I know and trust can send me their changed file and I will upload it to the same location for consistency.

is there any refference file regarding "heroes_abilities" ???

anyway maybe you could look it up ? or take a look at this thread and give me some insight ?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338755

Scotty1207's Avatar Civis

Thanks for this it will really help

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

The download link is broken: invalid file ID

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Reloaded with an updated link in the OP.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

If you don't have excel use this (excel viewer)
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=10
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast