Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minor additions

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Minor additions

well done again+rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

i would love to see Black Numenorean banner carriers with Iron Crown banners(Angmar), Skull and moon(Minas Morgul), and Rhudaur or at least a Rhudaur banner carrier that has the Rhudaur Nobles look, or even a banner carrier with the Axemen look, but as always looks great guys!

Just had a couple more ideas, a Black Numenorean carrier for Umbar would also be amazing, i always thought it was silly to see a Corsair banner carrier as an officer to a Naru N'aru unit of spearmen or to Castimir's Chosen haha, and Black Numenorean carrier for Dol Guldur would be cool to see as well standing next to a Khamul unit, and last but not least of my silly ideas, a Numenorean carrier with a Great Eye banner as an officer to the Dismounted Numeoreans and maybe a said mounted version for their cavalry as well, some more ideas for when you move on to more of the evil banners
    Last edited by Redbad of the Frisians; February 20, 2018 at 11:04 PM. Reason: new thoughts

I'll be adding the 'Haka' to the hobbits pre-battle speech!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Keep up young hobbits, we've got to get our scrum on!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; March 06, 2018 at 04:19 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Yeay!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Just a minor notice on minor additions. I will get to the banners; yet now I am working on details of my extended campaign map (I still have some region slots), and adding some neutral factions to populate slave regions with somewhat more intelligent lifeforms than the passive rebel subfactions.

Eagerly awaiting your next banner update. Have you tried z3n's battle and campaign ai? I would post the link but I'm not sure where it is bookmarked right now.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Eagerly awaiting your next banner update. Have you tried z3n's battle and campaign ai? I would post the link but I'm not sure where it is bookmarked right now.
    here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5596-Skynet-AI

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    Thank you good sir.

Citizen

Thank you good sir.
    at your service

what sort of Minor Factions are you looking for? i read way too much into Lord of the Rings lore so i could get you some ideas for them depending on what you're looking for

Thank you; nothing complicated, they will be unplayeble rather neutral factions to populate the regions of Enedwaith, Vale of Anuin, Rhovanion, and perhaps Rhudaur, some regions in the far South, and Khand, and some of the islands. They will use AOR units, and they are supposed to do just what I said: to replace the basic rebels to present a bit more intelligent opposition. They are meant to be divided tribes, clans, settlements, groups of wildmen, bandits, raiders, pirates, locals without any elaborated state struture or ideology. I even use the rebel banners for them, yet with just different faction colours.

I only have three religions in my campaign, the Free peoples of Middle-Earth, as islam (and Gandalf the White can "form an Alliance" (jihad) as "imam"), the Followers of Sauron, as catholic, and "others", as heretic, and these new faction are all heretics. They might perhaps get some use of witches and heretics characters to annoy the player a bit; and maybe, but I am not that far, the Anduin faction might get a heretic named Gollum.

I have seen thise principles before, it looks very smart indeed, and I try to stick with it whan I reorganize my 1021x1021 map.

So like Men of Forochel, Free/Renegade Corsairs, Men of Khand, Variags of Khand, Men of Far Harad, Men of Harondor, Men of Arysis, the faction limit is 30 plus 1 rebel faction so you'd have to prioritize who you'd like to include, though i think you can include a bunch of other rebel factions
    If you end up making models for Men of Harondor, i'd love to include them in my mod as they'll be a faction in it

Quote Originally Posted by Adjudant-Major View Post
    Thank you; nothing complicated, they will be unplayeble rather neutral factions to populate the regions of Enedwaith, Vale of Anuin, Rhovanion, and perhaps Rhudaur, some regions in the far South, and Khand, and some of the islands. They will use AOR units, and they are supposed to do just what I said: to replace the basic rebels to present a bit more intelligent opposition. They are meant to be divided tribes, clans, settlements, groups of wildmen, bandits, raiders, pirates, locals without any elaborated state struture or ideology. I even use the rebel banners for them, yet with just different faction colours.

I only have three religions in my campaign, the Free peoples of Middle-Earth, as islam (and Gandalf the White can "form an Alliance" (jihad) as "imam"), the Followers of Sauron, as catholic, and "others", as heretic, and these new faction are all heretics. They might perhaps get some use of witches and heretics characters to annoy the player a bit; and maybe, but I am not that far, the Anduin faction might get a heretic named Gollum.
    Keep us up to date on your progress, something like this might be good for MOS where you could have rebel factions which are non playable but act in concert within their own 'faction' to make it more challenging for the ai and player both.

If you happen to dislike the knight ghost marking the position of your army leaving a settlement...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	knight.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	351691

...just add "descr_strat_sundries.txt" to your mod's data folder saying :

descr_strat_sundries
    ;strat map icons
    ;model rigid parameters filename, opacity max value, z_buffered, pulse

type selected_land_unit_card
    model_rigid resource_arrow.cas, opacity 0.4, z_buffered

type selected_ship_unit_card
    model_rigid data/models_strat/navy_cursorpiece.CAS, opacity 0.4, z_buffered

type character_select
    model_rigid data/models_strat/selection_indicator_01.CAS, opacity 2, pulse, texture_no_resize

type character_hover
    model_rigid data/models_strat/selection_indicator_01.CAS, opacity 0.5, pulse, texture_no_resize

type settlement_select
    model_rigid data/models_strat/selection_indicator_settlement.CAS, opacity 2, pulse, texture_no_resize

type settlement_hover
    model_rigid data/models_strat/selection_indicator_settlement.CAS, opacity 0.5, pulse, texture_no_resize

type rally_point_selection
    model_rigid data/models_strat/selection_indicator_01.CAS, opacity 2, pulse, texture_no_resize

type rally_point_hover
    model_rigid data/models_strat/selection_indicator_01.CAS, opacity 0.5, pulse, texture_no_resize

type rally_point
    model_rigid data/models_strat/vertex_pointer.CAS,

type circle_highlight
    model_rigid data/models_strat/selection_indicator_01.CAS, opacity 1, pulse, texture_no_resize

type square_highlight
    model_rigid data/models_strat/selection_indicator_settlement.CAS, opacity 1, pulse, texture_no_resize

type enemy_character_select
    model_rigid data/models_strat/selection_indicator_01.CAS, opacity 1, texture_no_resize

type enemy_settlement_select
    model_rigid data/models_strat/selection_indicator_settlement.CAS, opacity 1, texture_no_resize

type sea_ford_highlight
    model_rigid data/models_strat/resource_arrow.CAS, opacity 0.3, texture_no_resize

The red part is optional, choose whatever strat model you want; I use the arrow, as it is empty in TATW.

Looking forward to your next update whatever that might be.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Adjudant-Major View Post
    type selected_land_unit_card
    model_rigid resource_arrow.cas, opacity 0.4, z_buffered
    Excellent Major, thanks for sharing.

I think you meant data/models_strat/resource_arrow.cas though not sure if it matters.

EDIT: Perhaps leaving the model as it is but changing that line to "opacity 0.0" would achieve the same result. It should make it completely transparent. In theory. (EDIT2: yes it does.)
    Last edited by Withwnar; May 30, 2018 at 04:32 AM.

(sorry for my absence, busy, busy, busy)

@Adjudant-Major, is there anywhere else I can find these wonderful banners/banner carriers? Your uploads appear to have expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    @Adjudant-Major, is there anywhere else I can find these wonderful banners/banner carriers? Your uploads appear to have expired.
    Here is a link to all the downloads I have of his, I am not sure if it is all inclusive or not. LINK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast