View Poll Results: Shall the candidate be awarded with Citizenship?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 84.62%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

2 15.38%

Thread: [Citizen] Parafix (Patron: SoulGamesInc)

Default [Citizen] Parafix (Patron: SoulGamesInc)

Patron's ParagraphHaving been asked about what citizenship is and how he can attain it I decided to formally offer my services as patron in light of all his recent work for the community.

Parafix was an active member of the Westeros Hotseat Community since around May 20, 2015, where he won his first official game Newbloods III that was hosted for new players by Myself/GS. He continued to be an active member of the community and eventually took on a truly overwhelming (some 40+) amount of player positions in an effort to help one or two struggling admins that desperately required positions filled. He then went on to make the Storm of Swords mod/game(s). Some time afterwards I recommended him for Gaming Staff for his activity, mod work, and clear desire to help the community. He was accepted on May 16, 2016.

Since his acceptance he has, in my view, been easily the most constructive Hotseat GS. He jumped into conversation (we've never used the GS threads as much as after He joined us) and actively gave opinions/ideas and was willing to back up his words with action; the latter often a lacking quality I've found. His active participation kicked me back into gear, frankly, it was refreshing to see GS actually talking. Just recently Dux has stepped down from HS Gaming Staff as Overseer (he will be missed) and since then Parafix has been leading the charge (as Head of the Westeros section) to renewal Westeros Hotseating with new mods/games like A Dream of Spring and Roberts Rebellion that both bring a fresh playstyle to Hotseating... even if that means more high-quality Admin work on his part. All in all he is an excellent addition to Gaming Staff.
    Parafix's ParagraphGreetings, I have been active within the TWC community for roughly a year and a half now in which i have dedicated a lot of time to the enjoyment of hotseating and to helping improve the Westeros hotseat section. I first joined in participating in Souls Newblood series. In this hotseat i had the ambition of trying to show my loyalty, activity and dedication to the community and my capability as a “Newblood”. In this hotseat i had two players breaking rules against me for more than half the duration of the HS but i was still able to pull a victory and gain the respect as a player within the at the time active player base.

It was around this point FrostySOTF and Blue1924 took me under their wing and started discussing their struggles with maintaining a large loss of players in the hotseats they where at the time admining. Seeing how burned out they were becoming, i agreed to taking over the player positions, resulting in me being active in i believe 42 hotseats at the time and taking on admin position of 1 or 2. For this i was rewarded i believe 50 reputation, first and last time iv’e ever heard of such a large amount of reputation being rewarded for non tournament activities. Once i started to realize that the large amount of player positions were not going to be replaced, i approached the community as well as the sections Gaming Staff asking for a clean up operation to take under way to prevent us losing dedicated members due to taking on too much work.

After the clean up went under way i started working on learning how to modify current submods of Westeros. This was with the intention of designing a new format of hotseating. Treating the process as a long learning curve i assisted with the development of Takes Five to Tango Submod. With the experience from watching Frosty and Blue assist created TFTT i then moved on to creating A Storm of Swords. A Submod designed around hotseating for the sakes of improving the lack of RP hotseats within the Westeros section. The feedback for the submod and HS design was supported by the community and majority of the Hotseats deemed popular and i worked on an update for the War of Spring HS.

The current progress of the RP HS / Submod design has lead into me developing A Dream of Spring in which has been released for HS purposes but work has started on a single player version. The feedback has been my best yet and has also been used as a template for the new version of Souls Newblood submod and my version of Roberts Rebellion.

On May 6th 2016 i was made Gaming Staff for Hotseating and several weeks ago was appointed head of Westeros. When i first joined Gaming Staff i put full effort into bringing discussion back within HS GS, suggesting ideas on Admin Caps on hotseats, more control over hotseat creation and GS to start honoring the role that they have been appointed. The new breath of discussion lead to plenty of in fighting and arguments, but looking at the current GS team it only strengthened us a whole. Once i started to feel comfortable within the position i was appointed to create Tournaments on behalf of GS, in which lead to the creation of the Westeros Tournament, in which the competition is active now and has a rather nice prize, being funded by myself and Soul. I was also appointed for designing that years Hotseat awards, in which i won best diplomat,

In the last several months, i have gone and cleaned up Westeros HS section, removing the unnecessary and outdated stickies and updated the current ones. The section now is far cleaner than i have ever seen it and is also managed on a daily basis by myself, Luume and Soul. I am on Skype with Soul on a daily basis in which we spend hours discussing on what we can do to improve our section of the community and put these designs into creation.

We are about to start a podcast for his channel based on hotseating and general Game of Thrones / Ice and Fire discussions to hopefully bring more of his viewership into active roles within the community.

My passion and drive for the small section of the community that i devote myself too has not wavered once since i first joined, only grown. In the last year and a half i have gone from a mere lurker of the forums to a newblood who was deemed to last only a few turns after making some major mistakes, to winning the game. An upjumped Youngblood asking for some changes, to a leader of a section and a core part of the Hotseat Gaming Staff team.

The reasons i wish to be made Citizen is due to my contributions to the Westeros community aswell as HS GS team, my dedication can only improve with the Citizen position and hopefully brings me into more discussions with other sections of the greater TW Community.

Current hotseats using my recent work.
    A Dream of Spring
    A Dream of Spring II
    Roberts Rebellion
    Newbloods VII

Thank you for reading,
    - Parafix

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Citizen] Parafix (Patron: SoulGamesInc)

Yes.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I'm a sucker for a well crafted applications, but even if I wasn't I would still support this application without reservation. The contribution to the community is (abundantly) present.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 19, 2016 at 04:36 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I know most of you don't see hotseating as a huge merit for citizenship but I have worked with him (in a small way) on a couple of his modding projects, he's a great worker, done many good things where he's involved.

Yes from me.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Support

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrostySOTF View Post
    I know most of you don't see hotseating as a huge merit for citizenship but I have worked with him (in a small way) on a couple of his modding projects, he's a great worker, done many good things where he's involved.

Yes from me.
    I think regardless of where contributions are made most here will judge on what is presented in the application, or what they can find with a bit of digging. I only had to go to 'profile/threads started' and scan a few of those to give an easy yes.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I came to know Parafix recently when he contacted me for some art work. I've been really amaized to see how great was his involvement in the Hotseat Gaming section. It's time for some well-deserved recognition.
    An easy YES for me
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Looks good.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

aye aye, well deserved!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Poll up.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Voted.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

"Duty" done
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Blog Entries

Voted.

A vote!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I'll abstain, as is my custom of not voting for my own guy and trusting that he'll pass on the votes of others.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

This is the best application of this year (and maybe the last year as well). Definite yes
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

White Light

This is'nt the day that it ends, because there's no "White Light".

Hard work is hard work and deserves to be recognized no matter what arena it's put in. Bravo! Put me down for a fiver,
    I'm in.......
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Parafix is now a Citizen!