Thread: EbII Crashing constantly

Default EbII Crashing constantly

Usually I can figure out stuff like this on my own, but this time I'm stumped.
    Eb keeps crashing:

1 Every couple of turns. Most icons glitch and if I try to load or exit the game it crashes.

2 While comparing stats, if I right click units to often it crashes.

3 When starting a campaign it crashes sometimes.

There's probably more, but I don't know what to do.
    I deleted the map.rwm file, tried reinstalling it.
    I'm ready to give up.

Default Re: EbII Crashing constantly

Did you follow the installation instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by rebypox View Post
    Usually I can figure out stuff like this on my own, but this time I'm stumped.
    Eb keeps crashing:

1 Every couple of turns. Most icons glitch and if I try to load or exit the game it crashes.

2 While comparing stats, if I right click units to often it crashes.

3 When starting a campaign it crashes sometimes.

There's probably more, but I don't know what to do.
    I deleted the map.rwm file, tried reinstalling it.
    I'm ready to give up.
    I get the first two of these. 1 normally only happens after playing a lot of turns in one session and normally gets fixed by saving, quitting, and reloading. With 2 the frequency of it seems kind of random - sometimes it'll happen every few turns, sometimes I'll go a hundred turns without a crash that way

I'm preforming the lengthy task of moving steam to a folder outside of program files. Eurgh. Is there any way I can make a copy of steam that only has medieval 2 in it instead of moving all of my games?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

You will definitely want to play in borderless window mode as well.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Still crashes, even in boderless window mode, this time whenever I try to load a game.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

You have reshade gemfx or something like that?
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

I don't know what that is, but I'll get it. I also couldn't play the game windowed because the resolution's off leaving the bottom buttons where I can't use them. And I can only change the width of the resolution not the height. When I change the width the cursor acts weird being farther to the right than it appears to be.

I don't know what that is, but I'll get it. I also couldn't play the game windowed because the resolution's off leaving the bottom buttons where I can't use them. And I can only change the width of the resolution not the height. When I change the width the cursor acts weird being farther to the right than it appears to be.
    You need to play on windowed, borderless mode, it's much more stable on the campaign map.

Change your resolution in EBII.cfg - and make sure you don't have conflicting values in medieval2.preferences.cfg

It drashes whenever I load a game in borderless windowed mode. Also, the cfg file was missing so I copied one into the eb folder.

There's no file to change the resolution and If i copy the one from the medieval folder is just launches vanilla medieval 2 when I use the eb launch batch file.

^hm yeah game is crashing very often for me as well

how do i know im in boderless windowed mode

There's no file to change the resolution and If i copy the one from the medieval folder is just launches vanilla medieval 2 when I use the eb launch batch file.
    Quote Originally Posted by bitchdeletedacc View Post
    ^hm yeah game is crashing very often for me as well

how do i know im in boderless windowed mode
    Check your EBII.cfg, which is in the root directory for the mod. That's where your resolution for EBII is stored.

Again, you also have to make sure the medieval2.preferences.cfg in your root M2TW directory does not have conflicting values for the resolution. If those are wrong, it won't display properly.

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

The type of crashing described in the OP happens occasionally in mods that overhaul the UI's, if you click around too much looking through the unit cards or the building infos, it like the game cant handle it, then the icons and ui messes up, then it crashes. Sometimes you can save before the crash but after the ui messes up, but it still sucks. I always thought it had something to do with the game running out of memory or it could keep up with all the clicking, especially because the overhauled UI's are usually a higher resolution or something than vanilla, but I'm probably wrong. Happens in Call of Warhammer, 1648, Rise if 3 Kingdoms, but mods that don't overhaul the ui, never crashes like that. its a minor inconvenience.

here is a screenshot of what's happening, in this thread there is also a discussion with links to a possible fix. UI crash

Last edited by DeathtoEgo; February 29, 2016 at 08:50 PM.