Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ager Romanus - Large Map Submod for Darthmod 8.1(Released 09Feb)

Misterchief's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map Submod for Darthmod 8.1(Released 09Feb)

Just wanted to come here and make a comment regarding an issue I have been having.

Playing as the Scipii on the Ager Romanus campaign, whenever I fight a battle, there are these "rocks" in the terrain that really mess with unit pathing. The first time I encountered these rocks, my faction leader got stuck and was killed.

Now, a few more turns on, and every battle is more a battle against those stupid rocks, and less against the enemy. It is infuriating.

I have two issues. I've installed normaly the Ager Romanus; did all the upgrades and played with no further issues.

But I can't play the normal DM campaings, like the 270BC..

And the Senate declared war against me and the other factions.. Is it normal ?

Der Kratz's Avatar Laetus

Hello Border Reiver. I was looking for a RTW Darth sub-mod to provide better strategic movement rates on the 9.0.1 large campaign map when I came across your Ager Romanus large map mod for Darthmod 8.1. It seems from your 25 Jul 12 post that you were on the verge of releasing Patch 5, which had 11 important fixes, just before the final episode 9.0(.1) came out. Your sub-mod looks like an awesome fleshing out with area recruitment and a host of other refinements on the large map combined with Darth's killer AIs. However, thread traffic or lack thereof, seems to indicate this is pretty much a done deal as-is. Understood if your valuable time is being spent on other projects. Just looking for closure if that's the case, but a perfect world would have a patch 5 and a new sticky for Ager Romanus. Best regards and thanks for all your outstanding work.

Hi @ll!
    I played now 4 campaigns with ager romanus and darthmod 9.0.1. Two with Julii and two with Brutii, but at some random point in the campaign, the game crashes to desktop (rome has stopped working message) and loading the auto safe file does not help. The crash occurs every time in the AI turn, leaving my campaign broken, or reverted to a way earlier safe file.

Also I recognized a few pathing problems, where armies and agents cannot walk through plain terrain like there is an invisible wall. Such areas are in spain (big area), north of syracuse (units cannot walk north at the coastline) and some small passages in the alps and the pontic/armenia region.

Is anyone encountering this too?

After a long time, I dug out R:TW again, with darthmod and this submod. Encountered a ctd while battle loading with following message: Error: Filename doesn't exist: data/new_models_unit/thracian_warrior_high.cas. After some digging and collecting hints, I found a solution to this. In the file descr_model_battle.txt are some errors. I found 15 entries, where there is a path with data/new_models_unit/... but the folder is called /data/models_units_new/. I changed those paths to the correct folder name. Also the file name for the texture was wrong and had to be corrected. For the thracian warrior the corrected entry is this:

type thracian_warrior
    skeleton fs_s1_semi_fast_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture merc, data/models_units_new/textures/thracian_WARRIOR_DACIA.TGA
    model_flexi data/models_units_new/thracian_warrior_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi data/models_units_new/thracian_warrior_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_units_new/thracian_warrior_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi data/models_units_new/thracian_warrior_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/DRgreek_thracoan_sprite.spr
    model_sprite thrace, 60.0, data/sprites/DRthrace_greek_thracoan_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    After those changes I was able to load that battle, and finish it. I have not encountered my previous problems on the campaign map so far, but when I do, I will look into it further.

Since the link is not working could someone please reupload this mod and patches? I would really fancy to give this submod a try...

Hi there, I have the files, and can upload them. These links are 30 days functional, I just picked some site from a google search to upload it to. Someone has a suggestion for a better possibility?
    File Ager Romanus: https://ufile.io/4xs5d
    Patch 1a: https://ufile.io/qt2nt
    Patch 2: https://ufile.io/vpatl
    Patch 3: https://ufile.io/x9dqc
    Patch 4: https://ufile.io/7xpvr

I have not altered the files, you should edit it, like I wrote in post #165.
    I am not the creator or owner of ager romanus large map, I just got the files laying here, and since here is no activity from the mod creator, I want to share it.

How you guys did it to work this mod with darthmod 9.0.1? if i try to press any button in game the game crashes, for example if try to go the building screen or end turn.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Phildor View Post
    Hi there, I have the files, and can upload them. These links are 30 days functional, I just picked some site from a google search to upload it to. Someone has a suggestion for a better possibility?
    File Ager Romanus: https://ufile.io/4xs5d
    Patch 1a: https://ufile.io/qt2nt
    Patch 2: https://ufile.io/vpatl
    Patch 3: https://ufile.io/x9dqc
    Patch 4: https://ufile.io/7xpvr

I have not altered the files, you should edit it, like I wrote in post #165.
    I am not the creator or owner of ager romanus large map, I just got the files laying here, and since here is no activity from the mod creator, I want to share it.

I suggest uploading it to moddb or google drive, dropbox or onedrive, those will likely stay up far longer for anyone who wants them.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Agreed. Even mediafire is a lot better than the now used host as the link expires in a week from today.

Also, we're gonna to ask hex if the mod can uploaded on TWC Download since the file size for this mod is 107 Mb and one cannot upload a mod if it's larger than 100 Mb.

Anyway, I'm downloading it right now and I'll see to it the mod will have a reliable download link before Sunday this week.

@Phildor: Thanks for keeping this mod alive by uploading it.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

GROB's Avatar Civis

I wish someone would implement the RS2 enviroments into this mod.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

As promised, I have mirrored this submod on TAL with all necessary archives in one place. Enjoy!

Let me know if the download link on TAL doesn't work and I'll do what I can to fix it.
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 04, 2019 at 07:23 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    I wish someone would implement the RS2 enviroments into this mod.
    Here ya go! I just put everything together in one folder to simplify installation of this great mod. It got all patches (1a,2,3,4) and also the fix for the error pointed out by Phildor on post #165 a few posts up, there were also a few other similar errors in the descr_model_battle.txt file that i took care of. Just overwrite the data/ folder in the Darth mod with this one, delete map.rwm, and you should be good. Enjoy.

Ager_Romanus_plus_all_patches_with_rs2_environment

GROB's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by phylosopher stoned View Post
    Here ya go! I just put everything together in one folder to simplify installation of this great mod. It got all patches (1a,2,3,4) and also the fix for the error pointed out by Phildor on post #165 a few posts up, there were also a few other similar errors in the descr_model_battle.txt file that i took care of. Just overwrite the data/ folder in the Darth mod with this one, delete map.rwm, and you should be good. Enjoy.

Ager_Romanus_plus_all_patches_with_rs2_environment
    THANKS for the RS2 enviroments. I have a question for you. Does the campaign map still looks like the Ager Romanus map or does it look entirely different? I deleted the rvn in both folders, base and in the campaign folder. My map looks like a little bit of the europa map, but I get the RS2 enviroments in the battle map. Am I doing this correctly.

I think it also might also change the textures on the campaign map too, iifc. I think those campaign map texture files are in the /texture/ folder.

GROB's Avatar Civis

I think it also might also change the textures on the campaign map too, iifc. I think those campaign map texture files are in the /texture/ folder.
    I wonder if there is a way to change the textures back to the campaign map and keep the textures of RS2 textures for the battle map. Could this be done. I like the old Ager Romanus map better.
    Last edited by GROB; May 15, 2019 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    I wonder if there is a way to change the textures back to the campaign map and keep the textures of RS2 textures for the battle map. Could this be done. I like the old Ager Romanus map better.
    you could reinstall another separate darthmod, delete the texture folder in Ager Romanus, copy the texture folder and the descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt file in the new separate Darthmod and paste them into Ager Romanus, basically delete the new ones (texture folder and descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt) and replace them with the old ones, then you could delete the new separate Darth mod if you need the space

GROB's Avatar Civis

Icon11 Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map Submod for Darthmod 8.1(Released 09Feb)

you could reinstall another separate darthmod, delete the texture folder in Ager Romanus, copy the texture folder and the descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt file in the new separate Darthmod and paste them into Ager Romanus, basically delete the new ones (texture folder and descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt) and replace them with the old ones, then you could delete the new separate Darth mod if you need the space
    I tried your suggestion, but it wouldn't work for me. It would crash when I would go to battle mode. So, I guess, I will play as is. Thankyou for your help.

Thanks for the Update. Will the Roman Familys have their Family colour units Roster ( Juli,red,scipi, blue, bruti green and Senate purple?)

GROB's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    Thanks for the Update. Will the Roman Familys have their Family colour units Roster ( Juli,red,scipi, blue, bruti green and Senate purple?)
    ``