Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Default Re: SubMod Recommendations and Questions

He made it himself or you did from the guide?

Garrison and money scripts can be deleted from campaign_script.txt -> D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

A new campaign is needed for the changes to take effect.
    Last edited by k/t; December 15, 2012 at 02:46 PM.

Default Re: is there a RR/RC mod for 3.2?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Yes. Darth Lord Revan and Nemesis_GR each made an EDU for 3.2 according to RC principles, beginning with the EDU of the RR/RC Compilation for 1.4.

I am currently updating my 1.4.1 install to RC 2.0 and I'll make a version for TA 3.2 as well, if there is interest.
    and wheres the link for that please? for vanilla 3.2 right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

Default 3.1 Samedi or 3.2?

Hello Everyone, I hope you can help me out.

I have been playing 3.1 with the Samedi Sub-Mod set and I -Love- it, However I have seen 3.2 has some upgrades -and- there some Sub-mods with extra factions and such. What I want to know is if there is a Sub-Mod pack out there alot like the Samedi Mod-Pack.

Things such as;
    -Total Diplomacy
    -Real Recruitment (Shorter Recruit times)
    -Immortal Nazgul and 'The Nine' Riders who Mordor can start with.

These are some of my favorite things about the mod, not including other things such as the face you can make it a 'Good VS Evil' or not.

Basically, is there a Mod-Pack out there for Third Age Total War 3.2 that is the same or better then the 3.1 Samedi Set?

Thanks.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

From the top of my head that would be MOS, while no one else cover all that: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...26#post8827226

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Legio XII's Avatar Semisalis

Alright, so another question: is there a mod for recruitment that gets rid of the barracks events and lets me recruit the good troops from the beginning? I very much enjoyed that with Baron Samedi's compilation for 3.1, and I currently am playing with MOS, which is lacking that one feature (that's about the only thing it lacks. Everything else is pretty awesome!) I know some might say I'm going for an "arcade" style of play, and they'd be right. I like the feeling of playing with the MOS options for the AI to have larger stacks. I'd just like them to be decent units on both sides. Gives the whole thing a more epic feel. 50 turns of paving battlefields with Snaga bodies using militia...not so epic.

Alternately, which files effect that barracks event, in the event I just have to edit them myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Legio XII View Post
    Alright, so another question: is there a mod for recruitment that gets rid of the barracks events and lets me recruit the good troops from the beginning? I very much enjoyed that with Baron Samedi's compilation for 3.1, and I currently am playing with MOS, which is lacking that one feature (that's about the only thing it lacks. Everything else is pretty awesome!) I know some might say I'm going for an "arcade" style of play, and they'd be right. I like the feeling of playing with the MOS options for the AI to have larger stacks. I'd just like them to be decent units on both sides. Gives the whole thing a more epic feel. 50 turns of paving battlefields with Snaga bodies using militia...not so epic.

Alternately, which files effect that barracks event, in the event I just have to edit them myself?
    Hm, PCP lets you recruit ALL units from the start, but you have to build barracks and other military buildings ofcourse to get them

And plus, ALL OTHER bulidings which give you armor boost, experience, archer ++ skills, EXTRA free upkeep buidings, extra trade bonuses etc.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio XII View Post

You find instructions in the vanilla TATW FAQ http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=509455
    Go down to Q:Why can't I recruit advanced units like Eldar units or Trolls ?

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    From the top of my head that would be MOS, while no one else cover all that: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...26#post8827226
    That link says 'Invalid' :/

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Just look under Submods. You will find MOS easily.

Legio XII's Avatar Semisalis

You find instructions in the vanilla TATW FAQ http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=509455
    Go down to Q:Why can't I recruit advanced units like Eldar units or Trolls ?
    Thanks! Didn't really think to look in FAQ's for information about how to edit files, not something typically found in a FAQ thread. This will make my Eriador campaign a bit more fun...yay for fighting OoMM and OoG with their troll armies while using the still mediocre top-tier troops of Eriador!

Default What are the submods that work with this?

Forgive me if this post has been started already, I have only just recently installed this game and haven't been on site for quite a few years now. So if the moderators think this is a repeated question then please kindly point me in the right direction and delete this thread. Otherwise here are my questions below:

First off, since installing this game and playing through the fellowship campaign, all I can say is that this game for me is freaking amazing! As an avid total war vetran and fan since Shogun first came out, this for me has got to be one of the best mods ever made on this site and I'd like to congratulate King Kong and his team for having made it. Playing this mod made me want to watch the whole trilogy of LOTR and my wife and I recently went to see the Hobbit in cinema; I tell you after having watched it I can barely wait to see the next film.

However, although the Third Age is great I am naturally quite fussy and for me somethings were missing. The main reason for this frustration is that I thought initially before playing the Fellowship that after defeating Sauron and completing the campaign; I thought that I'd then have Aragorn take over Gondor and become king. This didn't happen so as you can imagine I was quite sad. This didn't stop me thought so I started searching the forum for answers in the form of submods. Now I have I've found a few posts on submods that do allow this but I don't know which one works and I really don't want to risk downloading any since it might ruin my installment of the Third Age because I don't know what is compatible with TATW and some of the downloads don't specify or are quite old. So I don't know if any of the submods have been updated since there last post. I'm just quite hesitant to install any of them because I don't know what submod is compatible with Third Age 3.2. Not only this but I'd like to play on an extended map of Middle Earth if there is any? I am using Medieval TW Kingdoms by the way and would just like to clarify this since there is another mod "Fourth Age TW" that I've read is only for RTW.

So to summarize my questions;

1) What mods are compatible with Third Age 3.2 (Please answer if you have tested any or are part of King Kongs team)

2) Is there an extended map of Middle Earth that I can add as a submod for Third Age 3.2? I'm looking for a map that is kind of the one that is used on Fourth Age TW. (Again only answer only if you know)

3) What specific submods can install that would make Aragorn King of both Arnor and Gondor instead of having the stewards? If not Arnor then just Gondor because I don't like the title of Steward for Aragorn. If there is anyway that I can change Aragorns title manually so that when I load up LOTR Gondor starts off with Aragorn and not Denathor as ruler. I'm quite confused about what to do since I've read on a few post that playing as Gondor and waiting for Aragorn to become king causes bad traits to happen or pass on? Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway I look forward to any reply that would help point me to the right direction since I'm very eager to get back to my Third Age TW campaign.
    ‘’Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.'’

Hi L'300

here's a list with many compatible submods http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=263135

Howdy, y'all!
    I have MOS installed at the moment. If I wished to add units from one faction to another (Black Numenoreans from Mordor to Harad, exactly) how would I go about it?

Quote Originally Posted by HeisManziel View Post
    Howdy, y'all!
    I have MOS installed at the moment. If I wished to add units from one faction to another (Black Numenoreans from Mordor to Harad, exactly) how would I go about it?
    Hi and welcome to the forum

You want a tutorial, which are found in the Mod Workshop: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=272
    This one I think is what you want: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=346427

Good luck

I forgot to mention this but I am looking for submods that are not already included in TATW because I don't want to download and install submods that are already part of Third Age. This is also why I am a little confused on what to download and install.
    ‘’Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.'’

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas300 View Post
    I forgot to mention this but I am looking for submods that are not already included in TATW because I don't want to download and install submods that are already part of Third Age. This is also why I am a little confused on what to download and install.
    Few submods were updated to a 3.2-version if they already were included in TATW 3.2, not much point in that
    Suggest you look trough the list in the link I provided and see which or which ones that appeal to your taste

(you can have multiple installations at the same time if you want to use or test different submods at the same time http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=528275 )

Default Looking for Submods

Hey, im looking to do a gameplay series in TATW. I have some experience with TATW from way back(Archers had 14 damage lol). i come from Stainless steel so im seeking for a similar experience(balanced stats lots of factions) Will be playing as Rhun.

Things that i would like changed.

• Archer damage lowered.
    • Fast access to Late tier units and no "depletion recruitment system (Congrats! you have one Loke-Ram! Now wait 20 turns for the next one...)
    • More factions! More drama!

If possible but 2nd priority

• Higher armor for my cathracts and generally higher armor for my Rhun last tier units or equivalent(My general got shoot down by some peasant archers)
    • Reworked and improved stats with a clear difference in cost/upkeep and stats between the different tiers of units.
    • Any mods that speed up construction of well anything(Building things are slow and i don't have 50 hours too make a gameplay series(30 Hours tops) i'm a fast player tho.
    • a Supply system similar to SS 6.1(Not Byg4)

If anyone could tell me which mods i should get and how to install them with any possible clashes they might cause. + Rep ofc for the help

Few submods were updated to a 3.2-version if they already were included in TATW 3.2, not much point in that
    Suggest you look trough the list in the link I provided and see which or which ones that appeal to your taste

(you can have multiple installations at the same time if you want to use or test different submods at the same time http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=528275 )
    Thanks, but what about Aragorn and his title as King of Gondor and Arnor? Doesn't he become high king of both after the battle of Pelennor fields and the defeat of Mordor? I read that Barron Samedi has a mod for this

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10588431

I like the sound of this but don't know what you think? I saw your comment there so naturally I thought you might have played it? It says that its not to be used on 3.2 but I wonder if this is still true or just hasn't been changed. It looks very good and I really like to play it. I dunno if I should install it though?
    Last edited by Leonidas300; December 22, 2012 at 04:49 PM.

3) IIRC that is so in Baron's yes
    But haven't played his compalition since early 2011, when such feature was not part of it; as long time resident here, friend of Baron and moderator I drop in his thread now and then heheto help out with stuff.
    Can not personally recomend Baron's currently, since it's by many reported to always CTD after ca turn 100 - and while there's a bug fix it do not work for everybody it seems - and he's not active at the moment fo fix the issues: though I won't discourage you from give it a try, you might be one of the lucky.
    Just remember to reinstall so you have TATW 3.1 and not 3.2 if you use Baron's.

2) Here's an expanded map: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...&highlight=map

Otherwise PCP has a much expanded map, while much else changed at the same time and MOS have an additional expanded map if you use MOS
    (links in list)