Thread: Modding another mods Startpos.esf

There's a mod I've been using for Shogun 2 that I want to edit some aspects of (mod being Ultimate Immersive Mod) that involves changing the startpos such as me wanting to make some of the many clans he added vassals of the major clans. I tried modifying things with PFM comparing what other clans vassals look like and replicating what I see with the other clans but it appears to do nothing and I have no idea what half the fields even refer to anyway since there's only the values in PFM.
    I figured I'd try the assembly kit but I can't find any way to load a mods files. So my main question is how exactly do you load a mods startpos file into TWeak? Is that just not possible?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 27, 2020 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Posts merged and double part removed - for clarity

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Modding another mods Startpos.esf

Sounds like it's your first time encountering the startpos, have you looked for tutorials like this one?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...D-startpos-esf
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Default Re: Modding another mods Startpos.esf

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Sounds like it's your first time encountering the startpos, have you looked for tutorials like this one?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...D-startpos-esf
    Thanks for the link. I did end up figuring out what I was missing last night with realizing that the Relation Array Numbers don't refer to the id of the faction and instead I had to go through every.single.array to find the diplomacy_relationships_array that had the id for the faction I wanted. It's a pain in the ass having to do it that way given there's 140 factions in that mod (it's too bad that Easy SF doesn't work for games besides Empire) but least it works.