I always played on Hard campaign and Medium battle difficulty, and I used to enjoy the campaign AI. Recently, I noticed the campaign AI has become very "scriptedly" passive with the same pattern of movement. And I did not change anything within the game setting/file setting.

From my own experience, I deduced that enemy campaign AI passiveness is randomized, even though all I ever played at is Hard. At the beginning of campaign, I would open up fog of war to see enemy moves to judge enemy level of passiveness. For example, on Sicily, a good Carthage AI would try to attack Syracuse within the first 5 turns, while a passive Carthage would just park its army there and do nothing for a long time. With factions that start with one city, good AI would try to expand right away, often besieging another city within the first 3~5 turns; passive AI would just park its army near its only city and do nothing for a long time. And I would restart my campaign until I run into enemy AI that is not passive.

Recently I noticed despite restarting my campaign many times, I keep getting the same passive AI. Not only are they extremely passive, but also they are moving to the same spot again and again in every campaign restart. Now what can I do to reset the AI back to good AI before I reinstall the whole mod/game, because the AI used to be much better and I changed nothing. Should I regenerate the map.rwr? Any tip is welcome