Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: question regarding the kopis and falcata

Default Re: question regarding the kopis and falcata

Machine guns as heavy weapons support for infantry are still very much a thing.

There could be as few as 2 or as many as 6 however just two were absolutely necessary in a mobile environment as previously mentioned.
    That's a crew. 2 are a crew, 6 are a crew, 6 000 are a crew (a rather big one). I can't believe it didn't come across your mind when you were typing

The standard is 3. A gunner, and two assistants.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

HMGs having crews isn't a point of contention a previous post of mine was already clear about that. However in modern warfare they're rather rare except as individual weapons in tanks or vehicles, as we favor mobility over heavy fortifications/trenches and such.

Machine guns as heavy weapons support for infantry are still very much a thing.
    What you were trying to say in an earlier post is that machine guns are usually operated by a crew. This obviously isn't the case, as the vast majority of machine guns with the exception of the HMG which is a rare sight on a modern battlefield, are used by an individual soldier.

There is no need for a crew when the HMG is within a vehicle/tank, the MG42 was the only example within the last 75~ years that came to my mind in relation to your statement about machine guns and crews. Hence why I suggested it could be a HMG which you had been thinking of, mobility nowdays is what is favoured by the military, this can be seen even in the combat vests that American soldiers choose to wear.

To expound on my point, in modern warfare machine guns are being used by an individual soldier. This is where the SMGs (spec ops *SEALs/JTF2 support), LMGs (infantry squad support) and MMGs (general purpose infantry support) which are all individual and personal weapons come into play, as seen in the videos.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

You keep saying heavy machine guns, to try to make a point on them. The absolute heaviest examples. You're forgetting (on purpose) all about general purpose machine guns - they have a weird abbreviation - machine gun

A small sampling of crew served, man portable MGs still used by infantry today:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60_machine_gun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheinmetall_MG_3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M84

I won't bother finding more, you aren't worth the effort.

However in modern warfare they're rather rare except as individual weapons in tanks or vehicles, as we favor mobility over heavy fortifications/trenches and such.
    Judging by the amount of time you put in this conversation, and all the work in modding you do, you aren't a part of the "we". You're not a soldier. It made me chuckle that you actually identified yourself with army personel. Don't let CoD get into your head.
    Last edited by Rad; June 13, 2016 at 02:36 PM.

Do you know what I've done in my past?
    Therefore, lets keep this an intellectual rather than emotional debate and as there are several definitions of the word you may take the context of my post how you will.

MMGs (medium machine guns) are in fact general purpose machine guns and I already showed you examples of them (MMGs) being used in combat by an individual in this post.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Apparently, played some CoD, watched a few youtube channels. Maybe Battlefield as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Apparently, played some CoD, watched a few youtube channels. Maybe Battlefield as well.
    No, unfortunately I am not that young anymore, the last CoD game I played was in 2003. Never played Battlefield but I am guilty of watching youtube channels in particular for the music.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123