Page 37 of 213 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546476287137 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.03c is released!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Funny thing is, through the Native Garrison (eastcol) we already have the structure that would allow us to do that - and regionally varied as well. It just hasn't been fully implemented in some of the places that should probably have one.
    Is it affected by certain culture level? I always think that you could build either the eastcol or hellenic ones. Maybe the problem lies to the difference in regions, unlike hellenistic colonies that have a uniform roster, by removing the increase to Eastern Imperial culture probably it affected several regions that have none of that culture to begin with?

Funny thing is, through the Native Garrison (eastcol) we already have the structure that would allow us to do that - and regionally varied as well. It just hasn't been fully implemented in some of the places that should probably have one.
    Is it affected by certain culture level? I always think that you could build either the eastcol or hellenic ones. Maybe the problem lies to the difference in regions, unlike hellenistic colonies that have a uniform roster, by removing the increase to Eastern Imperial culture probably it affected several regions that have none of that culture to begin with?

Senator

Just started the campaign so there will probably be more:
    The Aorsi horse archers seem to be a bit undecided=They constantly run back and forward but don't shot since their skirmishing range is apparently higher than the bow range.Could also be because my troops are on a hill but the sauromatian HA's do shot.

-The AI actually defended the walls(simple wodden palisade)without camping the town square.

H/Vh:
    Turn 31 -Hayasdan is damn succesful for their roster.Pergamon and Pontos moved
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Turn 51 the Seleucids have conquered quite a bit of land from the ptolemaioi.The romans apparently know how to use ships.And...I lost most of my army after the siege of Olbia which then resulted in another large HA rebel stack to siege the city forcing me to sally and recall my hoplites that I planed to retrain.

Last edited by Sint; June 19, 2015 at 08:01 AM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by jordiebenardus View Post
    The eastcol and helcol buildings are mutually exclusive. But none of the places I'm looking at are actually Greek in the first place, and most were seats of Persian power, taken over by the Makedonian adventurers.

Another small feedback from me.

Version: EB 2.03c

Faction: Carthage

Difficulty: H/M

Personal changes: none, surprisingly

turns 1 - 112, screenshots taken every 4 turns, starting with turn 4

Some explanations:
    I tried something I never did in EB 2x with Carthage yet - I disbanded nothing (except one of the two 3-unit-fleet) and rushed for Kirtan/Siga/Lixus, Arsé/Iltirta/Emporion and Messana/Rhegion/Taras simultaneously. Some pretty tricky fights but I succeede. At the same time I didn't build much (except the necessary temples in Gader/Mastia to prevent them from revolting and the port garrisons for Carthage, Atiqa and Adrumeto to get some money) but spent everything I had for repeated attempts to get alliances with Rome, Massylia, Aruernoi, Areuakoi and Lusotannan (as well as later Taksashila and Ptolemaioi). When I had all these alliances I could concentrate on conquering the remaining settlements I wanted to incorporate to have a real trade empire and on developing my existing settlements.
    I can only recommend to lower the taxes at Lilibeo and Atiqa and to aim at quickly (well, somewhat ) establish the Council Administration there - just to get more colony points.

I gifted away several provinces: Iltirta (to the Lusos), Iliberri (to the Aruernoi) and Kyrene (to the Ptolemaioi), just in cvase anyone is wondering about that.

Things I'd like to mention:

(1) The pace of expansion has become quite the opposite from EB 2.02. As you can see the rebel provinces have been incorporated into growing empires exceptionally fast.
    (2) Stack fragmentation has become somewhat more frequent than in EB 2.02, still there are way more combined than fragmented stacks around.
    (3) I have to confirm that captain-led stacks are the majority of the AI stacks outside of settlements. And they rarely rebel as it seems.
    (4) Diplomacy is getting better and better. You can even get an alliance with the Areuakoi nowadays, if you play Carthage, but it is really, really expensive and needs a lot of dedication. (5) AI fleet used is improved again (after being not really used in 2.02). Sicilian ports and the Carthage homeland ports (Carthage itself, Atiqa, Adrumeto) were frequently blockaded, having a navy around therefore was very much necessary.
    (5) Did you change the accessible sea tiles in the west? I don't remember that I was ever able to sail to Lixus and Sala (not up the ibearian coast, though). Love it!
    (6) Pontos and Pergamon moved! And Hayasdan did exceptional as well. Sab'yn, too - Axum did not rebel to them but was conquered by a brown stack. KH on the other hand did nothing, sadly. It's the only extinct faction at the current turn.

By the way: I suppose that slightly changing the borders in Africa so that the Massylians could go for Kyrene could make things even more interesting for all african factions. Also a passage from the Tuat province to the Sala province would give the Massylians a chance to win the race for at least Sala and Lixus. Although this is not a problem if Carthage is AI-controlled. The Carthage AI is apparently nto able to stop Massylia, anyway.

In general: another fun campaign althoug hthe pace is definitely too fast now for my liking. But rather too fast than stalled as in the previous version.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Thanks for the feedback. I am concerned about the report of stack fragmentation - do these fragmented stacks merge before attacks/seem to have a main army in which they merge into? I have a suspicion that is what is really happening.

Another-words the increased quantity of stacks merging over the course of a few turns results in temporary stack fragmentation as the AI handles the merging of stacks somewhat differently than humans, it only has 2 ways of doing so as far as I know
    1) Merging into a city, then exiting one square out and building into the stack
    2) Merging into an army at a set regional invasion/buildup point (stacks can travel from the city in which they were built into the awaiting 'main' stack)

Currently the CAI is coded to 'think' of it's invasions ahead of time which in my opinion should result in better multi-tasking rather than think of only one invasion at a time. There are other options that I have if stacks are truly becoming fragmented (so I'd appreciate whether you guys could watch and tell me if that is or is not the case), but I'd prefer not to get into them as it's rather complicated to do so and will require testing...

Anyway, thank you for all your feedback each and every thing that is possible we do take into account, no matter how long or short the post is.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

The eastcol and helcol buildings are mutually exclusive. But none of the places I'm looking at are actually Greek in the first place, and most were seats of Persian power, taken over by the Makedonian adventurers.
    Ah I see some of the problems now, I can't construct native colonies at Side even after using the 'Military Occupation' government the option to build native barracks simply don't show up in the options. Another problem I've observed in one particular battle of Pella (against the Getai, turn 99) I was besieging the city with my full stack army and then two stacks (one single unit, one 10 units led by an FM) attacked me in a night battle, strangely the captain led stack is the one I am facing in the night attack and the FM came as reinforcement, the garrison at Pella did not sally out due to its night battle. Is it true that captains can conduct night battles?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Just to let you know i updated my modpack so you can play with it again. Have fun and enjoy EB II!
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

150 Turns in to KH campaign on H/M I've had several observations regarding the CAI and diplomacy:

1. There had been changes in territories and kingdoms rising and falling during the 50 turn period.
    - After the Getai incursions in the 90s, Boii invades Getai territories overrunning 4 territories in the late 100s until mid 110s
    - Turn 109 the Nabatean settled in Syria-Koile became a vassal of the Arche, for the next 41 turns they do not rise up against Arche
    - Arche Seleukeia invaded Pergamon territory (Ephesus and Pergamon) in turn 115, seeing that the Arche resources is depleted due to continuous migrations before turn 100 I decided to assist my ally Pergamon in defending Ephesus. The lack of any loyal FMs prompted me to let my 18 years old FM to lead the forces which is disastrous defeating 3 half-stacks at the cost of 41% of my forces due to the constant cavalry routs and routing infantry (not frequent but they took heavy casualties once routed). Arche sends 2 full stacks to besiege Side and the other one to counter my remaining forces, I decided to withdraw to Halikarnassos and never intervene the war again. Between turn 122 and 123 Arche besieged Ephesus and Pergamon that are severely undermanned (only by 5 units at most), over the course of 8 turns Arche offered vassal status to Pergamon which they accept but then the next turn Arche besieges the settlement again and then offer vassal status. Eventually they took both cities, Bythnia was captured by Pontus by turn 130 and the Attalid Dynasty was reduced to Odrysai.
    -Repeating vassal status cases Pontus-Attalid Wars (early 140s), Baktra-Seleukids Wars (since mid 130s), Romaioi-Boii Wars (warring since early 120s, gets in the vassal loop by 134 if Im not mistaken)
    - Ptolemaioi loiter around in the desert (the province south of Libye) as much as 4 stacks loiter there not doing anything
    - Arche Seleukeia conquers the east removing Taksashila in the late 120s and pushing Baktria north by mid 130s
    - Roma invades Gaul, South of Germania, and Boii holdings. Committing a total of 5 stacks fighting on three fronts

2. Regarding the KH Congress and the Native barracks, I noticed that in 121 the Congress building did not appear but by 122 I can build Allied League in Thermon, Kyrene, Demetrias, Athenai, Sparte, Korinthos, Rhodos, and Knossos. I built a supervised native government at Side and Supervised Hellenic Government at Halikarnassos and Salamis because I cannot build the Allied League government there. I cannot build the eastcol in Side, I noticed that the Supervised Hellenic Government is not included in the requirements for eastcol but rather a native administration, this might be the reason of some factions not being able to build them because probably it requires specific types of government to be mentioned.

3. I feel like the diplomacy can be influenced by cash easily that any transaction with the nominal of 10,000 mnai will always succeed and I rarely see it fail (unless for a vassal status) I managed to obtain alliance with Arche and Pontos by simply handing over 10,000 mnai, I do realize its a large sum of money (roughly US$25-30 million) but as Koinon Helenon I cannot confront them in terms of armed forces due to the obsolete hoplite based army and I am earning almost 19,000 mnai each turn. I think its a bug or rather hardcoded in the diplomacy that the number of 10,000 is the acceptable nominal for any transaction.

So far I didn't do much battle to test the BAI (still petrified with the Battle of Sardis led by my 18 y/o FM that proves cataclysmic to my Thureos armed forces) but I can see that in the last battle I routed several Phalangitai who are climbing easily and have my units routed by Phalangitai holding the hill top. I have a screenshot but in bmp file, Im not sure on how to convert it, of a beautifully arranged levy army of the Arche of: 4 Thureoporoi, 1 Hippeis, 1 Hippakonsistai (Hellenic contingent), 1 Arabian Swordsmen, 1 Arabian Slingers, 1 Nabatean Horse Archer (Their vassals contingent), 3 Pontikoi Doryphoroi, 1 Pantodapoi Phalangitai, 2 Eastern Axemen, and 1 Cappadocian Cavalry (Eastern contingent). Its probably the most neat formation of Arche stacks instead of bits of eastern, hellens mixed and added with 2 Hetairoi as captain.

on a latter note to b0gia I still can't get the RTW music mod working all this time, Im pretty cconfused since I followed the steps carefully.

Thanks - again very helpful I shall add some code about vassals to limit that sort of thing.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

2. Regarding the KH Congress and the Native barracks, I noticed that in 121 the Congress building did not appear but by 122 I can build Allied League in Thermon, Kyrene, Demetrias, Athenai, Sparte, Korinthos, Rhodos, and Knossos. I built a supervised native government at Side and Supervised Hellenic Government at Halikarnassos and Salamis because I cannot build the Allied League government there. I cannot build the eastcol in Side, I noticed that the Supervised Hellenic Government is not included in the requirements for eastcol but rather a native administration, this might be the reason of some factions not being able to build them because probably it requires specific types of government to be mentioned.
    On the Congress, the "player rescue" part of the script, which is also the automatic trigger for the AI will kick in around then.

Yes, the eastcol requires the Laarchia government building for Hellenistic factions to be able to build them. Requirements for the others on there (Hayasdan, Nabatu, Taksashila) are different. It also requires there not be a polis_two or higher - has Side's polis been upgraded?

In fact, checking the EDB, KH has been left off the government building requirements for the eastcol.

3. I feel like the diplomacy can be influenced by cash easily that any transaction with the nominal of 10,000 mnai will always succeed and I rarely see it fail (unless for a vassal status) I managed to obtain alliance with Arche and Pontos by simply handing over 10,000 mnai, I do realize its a large sum of money (roughly US$25-30 million) but as Koinon Helenon I cannot confront them in terms of armed forces due to the obsolete hoplite based army and I am earning almost 19,000 mnai each turn. I think its a bug or rather hardcoded in the diplomacy that the number of 10,000 is the acceptable nominal for any transaction.
    Bear in mind, 10,000 mnai is not a trivial amount of money!
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 19, 2015 at 03:29 AM.

I'll have a lot more to write about later, just going to ask about this quickly: have AI vassals been disabled? Haven't seen it happen once in 300 turns, which would explain why factions are vanishing left and right in my game. They're eradicated rather than subdued, which tends to make longer games less interesting. I've also seen two factions lose not to loss of land but assassinations.

Secondly: despite having 9 cities, all of which are Suebic lesser states, I am only allowed 7 faction members. I thought it might be 'children' growing up but I've been waiting well over 15 years.

Thirdly: do democracies and oligarchies grant faction members at all? I noticed that I wouldn't get 'man of the hour' events or adoptions until I switched from either one of these government types to factional ones.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cih View Post
    I'll have a lot more to write about later, just going to ask about this quickly: have AI vassals been disabled? Haven't seen it happen once in 300 turns, which would explain why factions are vanishing left and right in my game. They're eradicated rather than subdued, which tends to make longer games less interesting. I've also seen two factions lose not to loss of land but assassinations.

Secondly: despite having 9 cities, all of which are Suebic lesser states, I am only allowed 7 faction members. I thought it might be 'children' growing up but I've been waiting well over 15 years.

Thirdly: do democracies and oligarchies grant faction members at all? I noticed that I wouldn't get 'man of the hour' events or adoptions until I switched from either one of these government types to factional ones.

Thanks!
    What version are you playing, and on what difficulty? Vassals aren't disabled, there's been reports of them a few posts up.

Have you had any marriages? Are children being born?

I don't know how the teutonic system works, so I can't answer the last.

Yes they exist but with an issue that will be resolved in the next release and may be why you do not notice them.
    Can you give me a picture of your minimap with all the factions/their territories in the upcoming feedback? As they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.
    The AI Workshop Creator

On the Congress, the "player rescue" part of the script, which is also the automatic trigger for the AI will kick in around then.

Yes, the eastcol requires the Laarchia government building for Hellenistic factions to be able to build them. Requirements for the others on there (Hayasdan, Nabatu, Taksashila) are different. It also requires there not be a polis_two or higher - has Side's polis been upgraded?

In fact, checking the EDB, KH has been left off the government building requirements for the eastcol.

Nope Side is still a polis_one (Minor Polis right?) and yes the native govt for KH is not included in the requirements sadly. Thats neat so people would not miss the reform. Im guessing the reform unlocks several Huge City buildings (highways, port city, province wide industry) i think they causes more ctd as over 110 turns I have only one CTD after checking several units bio, while after the reform (29 turns in the game) Ive had 2 CTDs if clicked the port city building too often. Is it just me or it happens in many cases?

Regarding KH huge fund surplus: "Athens will always pay its debt"

Nope Side is still a polis_one (Minor Polis right?) and yes the native govt for KH is not included in the requirements sadly. Thats neat so people would not miss the reform. Im guessing the reform unlocks several Huge City buildings (highways, port city, province wide industry) i think they causes more ctd as over 110 turns I have only one CTD after checking several units bio, while after the reform (29 turns in the game) Ive had 2 CTDs if clicked the port city building too often. Is it just me or it happens in many cases?

You need a roads_garrison and farms_two to unlock it. Side starts with neither of those (no garrison and farms_one). Though in my current change, it will now start with an eastcol.

You need a roads_garrison and farms_two to unlock it. Side starts with neither of those (no garrison and farms_one). Though in my current change, it will now start with an eastcol.
    I have build Strategic Fortification and Doreai are those the correct building? or do I need Waystations and Garrisons. Im currently building one Garrison there though

I have build Strategic Fortification and Doreai are those the correct building? or do I need Waystations and Garrisons. Im currently building one Garrison there though
    I think it's Waystations and Garrisons.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    H/Vh:
    Turn 31 -Hayasdan is damn succesful for their roster.Pergamon and Pontos moved

Turn 51 the Seleucids have conquered quite a bit of land from the ptolemaioi.The romans apparently know how to use ships.And...I lost most of my army after the siege of Olbia which then resulted in another large HA rebel stack to siege the city forcing me to sally and recall my hoplites that I planed to retrain.

Turn 71 Epiros suddenly moved after being inactive the whole campaign.Pergamon got a another settlement but I don't know if they used ships or marched to get there.Rome got Sicily but they also seem to like Gaul.The Grey Death gets worrysome.
    Last edited by Sint; June 19, 2015 at 09:52 AM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...