Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomoron View Post
    Hello everyone, Im sorry Im gonna have to bother you with another bug-related question. Mod has been working fine so far, but starting today I can't load any savegame nor start a new campaign. The symptoms : the game loading bar fills up, and brings me to another loading screen, bar fills up, goes on and on.
    Re-installed the mod, re-installed M2TW, ran patches and cleaners, still happening. Could this be script-related ?

What in the hell...?
    Does normal MedII work? Because I'm pretty 100% certain that is has nothing to do with the mod itself.
    I had a similar problem with Rome TW, but it just CTD'd and re-install fixed it for me. Also, it was just due to 'old age' of the game.
    Have you downloaded or updated something recently, like a virus scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke1717 View Post
    Is everyone else having incredibly long turn times as I'm getting an average of 2min 50sec - 3min per end turn (with my FPS counter dropping to 0 quite a few times). If so I hope 1.6.3 will speed things up a bit. If its only a few people maybe there's a fix for it.

Also my characters on the Strat map move real slow when I skip animations (with exception to the Diplomat for some reason), my FPS drops to 1.
    Turn times are pretty long, but this is a little excessive. How good is your computer?
    Elvenkind and Veteraan had some posts adressing turn times a while back. I guess the search thread function might help you out a little too.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Hello Greymane, I cant say I have downloaded anything that would affect M2TW in any way.
    I have tried running Vanilla and something interesting happened. Basically the problem is the same, but a game eventually loaded through. Then, when the campaign map appeared, the console popped, and after a couple seconds the loading screens started their thing again. Having tried 2 clean re-installs, I really dont know where this is coming from

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Hello Greymane, I cant say I have downloaded anything that would affect M2TW in any way.
    I have tried running Vanilla and something interesting happened. Basically the problem is the same, but a game eventually loaded through. Then, when the campaign map appeared, the console popped, and after a couple seconds the loading screens started their thing again. Having tried 2 clean re-installs, I really dont know where this is coming from
    Is that vanilla MTW2 or vanilla TATW?

Either way, this proves that it's not a MOS related problem. I have never heard or read about this particular behavior but perhaps Elvenkind has. It's probably best to wait till he catches this, unless somebody else has encountered this very odd problem and knows how to fix it.
    Edit: And already EK has arrived as if he was magically summoned. (Although it looks like he didn't see your last post about this)​

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post

Turn times are pretty long, but this is a little excessive. How good is your computer?
    Elvenkind and Veteraan had some posts adressing turn times a while back. I guess the search thread function might help you out a little too.

On pages 97-99 are some posts by EK, me and a few others about turn times.

Last edited by Veteraan; March 11, 2014 at 04:48 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

1. What Windows do you have, and is your M2TW a steam or non steam version?

2. Before installing MOS, did you install all four TATW Parts+Patches all up to 3.2 version, and tested can you start a campaign?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hello Elvenkind. Sorry that wasnt totally clear, I meant Vanilla Kingdoms. It is the steam version btw. I havent tried re-installing TATW without MOS and running it, I could give it a shot.

And Windows 7-64. Where's the damn edit post buttom

1. Verify steam game cache,

2. after that Edit Security for your main M2TW folder as instructed here in first post ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-) ).

3. Then, remove Third Age files which you have already installed from you M2TW/ mods folder, and install TATW 3.2 ( All parts+patches) , test can you start a campaign. If you can, I would advise to make a backup of Third_Age_3 folder somewhere in case you need to reinstall again.

4. And then install MOS using instructions from post #3 of that same thread. And, install bugfixes.

Instructions for them are in first post of MOS Thread.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

And Windows 7-64. Where's the damn edit post buttom
    It will appear after you reached 1 week membership (you pass) and 25 posts. The script that checks this runs once every hour, so it may take some time before you really will be able to edit (and give rep, very important that). Also it might be useful to visit The TWC guide for new members to which Elvenkind conveniently has added a link in his sig.
    Last edited by Veteraan; March 11, 2014 at 05:01 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    Did you run the cleaner.bat after installing? The barrackevent V2 should come after turn 40, but not after turn 70!
    Yikes, so if this did not run (I don't remember if it did or not), then it would affect something like the 2 barrack events from triggering normally?

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post

I have two AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series with CrossFireX
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Win 64
    I thought I would be ok with this setup. I read those threads from ElvenKind and such but they didn't really help.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke1717 View Post
    I have two AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series with CrossFireX
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Win 64
    I thought I would be ok with this setup. I read those threads from ElvenKind and such but they didn't really help.
    Is your M2TW installed in either Program Files or Program Files(x86) ? If it is, install it anywhere else, just not in one of these two folders. This should improve your turn times.

Ok thanks to everyone for trying to help, I have it figured out. It's my wireless keyboard that is apparently sending inputs, including console command and quickload (hence the unending loading screens). There seems to be a lot of people having issues playing M2TW with wireless keyboards, I just dont know why mine just started acting up after months of playing. I'll try to figure something out.
    Thanks again

Ok thanks to everyone for trying to help, I have it figured out. It's my wireless keyboard that is apparently sending inputs, including console command and quickload (hence the unending loading screens). There seems to be a lot of people having issues playing M2TW with wireless keyboards, I just dont know why mine just started acting up after months of playing. I'll try to figure something out.
    Thanks again
    1. Check device manager and make
    sure you do not have the " allow
    computer to turn off this device to
    save power . "

2. Turn off Selective USB suspend mode:
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...sb-problem.htm

Thanks, those had already been checked off. Uninstalled my keyboard drivers, tried generic ones, still the same crap. This is very annoying. I guess I'll just have to try and have it replaced.

Viva Espana!'s Avatar Semisalis

Given that Bard dies in 2977 and Thengel dies in 2980 and MOS begins in 2980, why are Bain and Theoden not kings of their respective kingdoms? I suppose I understand Thengel, but in most games Thengel ends up living forever.
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Espana! View Post
    Given that Bard dies in 2977 and Thengel dies in 2980 and MOS begins in 2980, why are Bain and Theoden not kings of their respective kingdoms? I suppose I understand Thengel, but in most games Thengel ends up living forever.
    It's always down to compromises if one do both want to honour lore and create an appealing game. Both Theodred and Boromir is technically just 2 years old while Faramir is not not born until 2983, Denethor is not yet Steward, Saruman had not yet begun to breed Orcs until 2990 etc.; most choices here were taken in TATW and then left unaltered.

The choice to have Bard left is on one hand presumably because the original TATW IIRC started in 2950, but then on the other hand just as with Deenthor's sons for exampel [who people want to look like in the movies and thus have to start adult, and at leats born if there's to be a Faramir at all] it simply is more fun and that's important to create interested in the faction; in the light of that 95% of the people knew only of Dale from the novel the Hobbit and in 95% of the cases presuambly only will remember Bard, from that and LotR combined. "Bain who?"
    Most mods end up at a point when it conclude that the aim is to be as lore-ish as possible, based on different paramters and taste,

Yet considering this is a site for mods and this is a forum for submods to a mod, if you do not fancy a choice: mod it All begin somwhere, and its only gain when one have the freedom to tweak to fit ones preferences
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nd-Help-Thread
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 13, 2014 at 01:27 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Viva Espana!'s Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    It's always down to compromises if one do both want to honour lore and create an appealing game. Both Theodred and Boromir is technically just 2 years old while Faramir is not not born until 2983, Denethor is not yet Steward, Saruman had not yet begun to breed Orcs until 2990 etc.; most choices here were taken in TATW and then left unaltered.

The choice to have Bard left is on one hand presumably because the original TATW IIRC started in 2950, but then on the other hand just as with Deenthor's sons for exampel [who people want to look like in the movies and thus have to start adult, and at leats born if there's to be a Faramir at all] it simply is more fun and that's important to create interested in the faction; in the light of that 95% of the people knew only of Dale from the novel the Hobbit and in 95% of the cases presuambly only will remember Bard, from that and LotR combined. "Bain who?"
    Most mods end up at a point when it conclude that the aim is to be as lore-ish as possible, based on different paramters and taste,

Yet considering this is a site for mods and this is a forum for submods to a mod, if you do not fancy a choice: mod it All begin somwhere, and its only gain when one have the freedom to tweak to fit ones preferences
    I understood the Denethor problem with the sons. Same goes for Rohan. Get the right picture and all that. Out of curiosity, why not start the mod later in time, then?
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

Edit: What TATW concerns I do not know, while IIRC we had it up for discussion when I was on the MOS team; can't remember what pros & cons resulted in that we did not did so however or if it just fizzled out.
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 13, 2014 at 02:51 PM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post

Is it not possible to program it so that when a child comes of age, he has the right picture?

No, sadly, only starting generals, children who mature and adopted sons get a random portrait