Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Great job EB team I amazed and surprisingly surprised To be honested I have been expecting eastern egg in the form of a custom battle unit marian legionaries ever since the team have stop to mention them in the fora which is quite a few months back. What I really did not expect however is the full marian roster and functional marian reforms in the campaign.

The Marian reforms are in?
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Is the article on the reforms still happening? I would love to read about the work.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

I just thought of something: a few weeks ago it was mentioned that Tux had lost some work (about 10 units) due to (I believe) issues with his hard-drive, which had to be redone afterwards. Given the credits given on Twitter, I suspect the Marians were among those units?
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Yes they were, it should now be obvious the amount of work he (and Gustave with the shields) had to put in to make the marian units.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    I just thought of something: a few weeks ago it was mentioned that Tux had lost some work (about 10 units) due to (I believe) issues with his hard-drive, which had to be redone afterwards. Given the credits given on Twitter, I suspect the Marians were among those units?
    Sadly I did and had to redo them from scratch, but as z3n says with the help of Gustave for the shields you'll have them in the next release.
    They were actually the only units lost.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

So there are 10 marian units, or 10 and marians were among them?

Maybe its soldiers/models? Things like officers.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Sadly I did and had to redo them from scratch, but as z3n says with the help of Gustave for the shields you'll have them in the next release.
    God, what a pain in the ass to lose all of those units! Had Tux been working on them for months on end too? I'm glad you were able to whip up some new Marian units in a hurry.

I should add, though, that the time created by waiting for them to be re-done has been very productive in every other area.

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Yes they were, it should now be obvious the amount of work he (and Gustave with the shields) had to put in to make the marian units.
    Thanks for the info. Rest assured that your efforts weren't in vain, the new units look awesome indeed.

However, this confirms my suspicion that the Marians weren't just a nice extra thrown in after every other planned unit for the Autumn Release had been finished; EB team, you sneaky bastards, you had this planned all along, didn't you?!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I should add, though, that the time created by waiting for them to be re-done has been very productive in every other area.
    Indeed it has been and we're (at least I'm) grateful for it, but don't burn yourself out with the rapid testing and fixing cycles (on top of having to take care of a newborn).
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; December 09, 2015 at 03:57 AM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    God, what a pain in the ass to lose all of those units! Had Tux been working on them for months on end too? I'm glad you were able to whip up some new Marian units in a hurry.
    No, I only lost 3 units but considering they were mostly new parts they took weeks to do.

And yes, it was planned for months.

Its a rare thing to see a pleasant surprise these days.. Good job team..
    Never been this excited for a game release..
    Especially since most games I've been hyped up for usually falls flat on its face or out of reach
    But I'm sure the team wouldn't let the fans down

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great work on Bedouin units.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Great work on Bedouin units.
    I second that! Sylon's work is very good; the whole concept of an archer-spearman is so awesome, too (i.e. they're a pain-in-the-ass harassment for all your troops and can counter your cavalry when you try to rebuke them too quickly). This mod is going to be great! So many factions are going to be fleshed out this time around.

I am here to sing praises on the Marian Units!
    Praises!
    praises!
    PRAISES!

How many of them will there be? I counted 4... 5 if you count the onager in the video.

5 + onager

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    5 + onager
    Why is the onager always seperately listed from the normal 5 marian units?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    5 + onager
    Who did I miss? I got reformed cohort, evocati, light infantry, cavalry... first cohort maybe? If it is prima, what's the difference between them and regular? Bigger size, morale, morale bonus?

Cohors Sociorum on the Twitter feed, looks like the Romans will be getting quite a lot of cool new units indeed!

What's their role, if I might ask? Are they the Marian equivalent of the Pedites Extraordinarii?

P.S. they're likely the fifth unit Anubis was referring to.

My thanks in advance.