Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CA should be adding female generals!!

Default Re: CA should be adding female generals!!

Quote Originally Posted by KOCEMON View Post
    There was no real female general in history of the world and there will be no.... also no one can give any real evidence about it
    This statement is simply silly. From the middle ages onward we actually have various female rulers who particularly in absence of the husband or as regents of their sons did rule over territory and did command armies, including being present on the battlefield. None of them were Joan D'Arcs but were actually doing what contemporary society simply expected of nobility. They did not fight, certainly had commanders and supreme command whether they exercised it or not. In truth not so different from a lot of kings and noblemen because not all of them were actual warriors even if they liked to portray themselves as such. For every Lionheart you had several people smart enough not to get themselves into crossbow range during a siege.

Other than that I don't quite see the point in a strategy game. On the other hand, I do not see much harm either. So you have an off chance of some female general. So what? Most of the time I have no clue who my generals are anyway.
    Last edited by Mangalore; June 16, 2014 at 06:24 AM.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

I see a lot of silly female rights PCs and a lot of moronic male sexists in these types of threads.

To the phallocrats: Women, given the right education and opportunity could certainly become great commanders and strategists. The only reason they weren't is that they were not given the education or respect to lead armies by men.

To the politically correct:

It doesn't matter if there are some women that could kick my ass. I am a medium-built male and can easily overpower 90% (if not 99%) of women. THat's the reason why women warriors where rare except from some nomadic cultures where the combat was mainly mounted archery.

Almost every female ruler quoted in these threads never came close ot a battlefield. Boudicca was an exception, hence the reason that the Romans were so fascinated by her. The rest were regents or daughters of kings with no male issue that almost all the time had male generals lead their armies. Since the game does not make a distinction between military and political power, female rulers should not be a regular sight on the battlefield.
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

Biarchus

I expected Teuta to be in the Ardiaei faction dlc
    Im also expecting Cleopatra and Boudicca in the Britain and Egypt dlc if they become a reality, especially since they already showed an ingame Cleopatra in one of the trailers :/

Everyone seems to be forgetting that every "female general" in the ancient world was a Queen, there are no joan of arcs that you can name that were given authority to lead an army by a king or queen back then, therefore the queen who was the ruler had the authority to do whatever they wanted including leading an army. I don't see how that warrants allowing factions to recruit their own female general all of the sudden, unless they're a queen, which btw there arent even any in the game so this thread is pointless.

Even female spies are more plausible then female recruited generals, although I don't even understand why CA added them in the first place since there is no historical evidence to suggest otherwise.
    Last edited by amelius; June 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM.

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by amelius View Post
    Even female spies are more plausible then female recruited generals, although I don't even understand why CA added them in the first place since there is no historical evidence to suggest otherwise.
    Well women were always involved in spying....men are stupid when sex is involved afterall.
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

Isn't it that there are no females in battle mode because CA could not create long hair into the rosters. I can not remember having seen it also for male warriors (which is ridiculous) and I really miss that as a visual aspect.
    It's always a baldie or a helmet wearing guy.

And depicting Spartans without long hair !?!
    afaik It was one of their characteristics !

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Celtoi View Post
    Isn't it that there are no females in battle mode because CA could not create long hair into the rosters. I can not remember having seen it also for male warriors (which is ridiculous) and I really miss that as a visual aspect.
    It's always a baldie or a helmet wearing guy.

And depicting Spartans without long hair !?!
    afaik It was one of their characteristics !
    I imagine its because really long hair would clip like crazy with the rest of the body as the head moved around, just my thought though.

Someone has been taking Anita Sarkeesian far too seriously.

Rome 1 had amazons, screeching women, head-hunting maidens, all with long hair. I don't know how that should be a problem in Rome 2. Please explain!
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Seems very unlikely CA will do it though due to only a tiny minority in the total war community asking for it besides more important things like bugs, fixes and new content is more important.
    Last edited by jackwei; June 20, 2014 at 04:30 PM.

It is only a matter of time, friends.

Daughters of Mars? Now we just need the Wife of Mars.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    It is only a matter of time, friends.

Daughters of Mars? Now we just need the Wife of Mars.
    I think Mitch rightfully pointed out, its a bit far away, but from what I understood, it just means you have to live with a flutterguy.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

I'm not sure if it's so far away, though. Female models are now in the game, so I'd imagine the rest is UI and a little bit of coding.

I know the rumor mill is pumping out Barbarian Invasion news, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another DLC before it.

Hexdragon's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Seems very unlikely CA will do it though due to only a tiny minority in the total war community asking for it besides more important things like bugs, fixes and new content is more important.

I (sincerely) think you have expressed the most relevant point regarding debate on addittion of female units / female generals

Female units are not source of concern on their own.
    I don't have problem with a bunch of female units in the game as long the number of those units in game is capped (to one).

But I expect more about CAs desicion making when related to how they focus their efforts. They are unlikely to miss your correct and obvious point

Oh! ... Wait ! ...

Last edited by Hexdragon; August 15, 2014 at 01:49 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    I think it is so ridiculous CA did not include any female rulers in the Rome 2II release. There are so many examples of famous femail rulers like Boedica and Aphrodite and Cleopatra.

I forgot about this part o fthe game but I was listening to the new hit song 'DARK HORSE' by Katy Perry and I realised she would be a good Clepatra model becouse there are no good Cleo patra actors lately

Thoughts???
    but only for certain factions where this fits historically, please. If you miss female generals in R2 otherwise go play Zelda
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

let be serious there existed nowhere in ancient times female generals and female rulers like cleopatra didnt controlled any armies.There were generals who had done the work for them.This game has so many problems and the only thing which some kiddies want are female generals

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I actually can accept the rare female General for barbaric factions. But it would need to happen not a lot.

Problem is Ca and many kids who get boner over-excited tend to over emphasise them to the point that they become goddess'. They kill everything and become unkillable oh and look like fashion models to boot. Best not to bother at all if they can't keep it real.

When has that ever happened?

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    A very wise comment. Shame CA didn't see nor think of that.

Miles

Not nearly worth the effort. An underrepresentation in a specific medium of entertainment is not sexism. It's cold hard economy. Before female anythings are added, some more historical units that overall played a greater role in history than "female generals and warriors" would need to be added, ignoring the other blatant issues about Rome 2 like, uhhh, EVERYTHING, DUH.

Seriously with this being what feminism/social justice is complaining about these days, I am not at all surprised that women themselves are turned away from it in increasing numbers.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast