Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Seriously, nerf Rhodes.
    It's their only settlement, all you're seeing is what happens with hundreds of turns of having debt levelled off, being given a small amount and using that to recruit whenever you have enough. One unit every 10 turns would produce five full stacks.

Due to the stupidity of the Ai, it's a major Problem. One which I pointed out back in 2.2.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oks1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	214.5 KB 
ID:	349713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oks.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	349714

Ai KH just keeps recruiting huge numbers of troops on Rhodes and Crete and does not ship them away. They may or may not get wrecked in mainland Greece, but those two islands always become the ancient equivalents of Alcatraz. Reducing traversable...usable land mass on those islands would at least mitigate the problem.

The Pritanoi end up doing the same, but Britain is a large island, with plenty of space to move. I quite like the idea of invading a 50 stack Britain.

I just came back replaying M2TW and I'm new to this mod.

Question - some unit (Pontos - Galatikoi Katoikoi) seems to be naked, they go into battlefield without pants, exposing their penis to the enemy. Is this intended, some kind of strategy, or a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Due to the stupidity of the Ai, it's a major Problem. One which I pointed out back in 2.2.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oks1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	214.5 KB 
ID:	349713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oks.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	349714

Ai KH just keeps recruiting huge numbers of troops on Rhodes and Crete and does not ship them away. They may or may not get wrecked in mainland Greece, but those two islands always become the ancient equivalents of Alcatraz. Reducing traversable...usable land mass on those islands would at least mitigate the problem.

The Pritanoi end up doing the same, but Britain is a large island, with plenty of space to move. I quite like the idea of invading a 50 stack Britain.
    There's nothing we can do about the AI recruiting one unit every few turns, but doing nothing else with them and building up huge stacks over the course of hundreds of turns. There is no flag that's counting how many units the AI has recruited, compared to how many they have lost. There is no way to "count" how many units a faction has. We have no tool to check their buildings, nor any to address them even if there were.

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

Windows 10 post installation link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/down...s.aspx?id=8109 no longer available as well as the second link in Part 2.
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by b3rvirus View Post
    I just came back replaying M2TW and I'm new to this mod.

Question - some unit (Pontos - Galatikoi Katoikoi) seems to be naked, they go into battlefield without pants, exposing their penis to the enemy. Is this intended, some kind of strategy, or a bug?
    It did catch your attention so I would say it is working strategy to confuse enemy. But seriously now - it is intended. Historically, they didn't want to get their pants dirty from blood during the fight.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There's nothing we can do about the AI recruiting one unit every few turns, but doing nothing else with them and building up huge stacks over the course of hundreds of turns. There is no flag that's counting how many units the AI has recruited, compared to how many they have lost. There is no way to "count" how many units a faction has. We have no tool to check their buildings, nor any to address them even if there were.
    Well, I distinctly recall nerfing their ability to recruit ships. So that may be part of it, if they had ships they might be shipping them elsewhere.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Well, I distinctly recall nerfing their ability to recruit ships. So that may be part of it, if they had ships they might be shipping them elsewhere.
    Both islands start with ship-building capabilities, the priority for ships isn't that low, and we've seen examples of late navies. All the pieces are there.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

@Rad Have you been sinking their navy? I notice you're blockading their ports. If you haven't, then it may be that the debt relief script isn't refunding enough cash to build a ship.

I do also recall that we have had this sort of extreme issue where the AI simply doesn't build ships and then it was necessary to lower their cost.
    It may be wise then to build in a scripted spawn of for ships for KH and Pritanoi if they have no naval units at present and are in debt. Obviously having them island bound is something we have been trying to avoid. And this seems to be something I've seen several times before as a reported problem by a few people.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

The debt relief script doesn't refund enough to recruit anything; that's what the other parts of the finance script are for. There's the early support (which will be kicking in every turn if KH has been reduced to Rhodos or Krete alone - or just the two of them) and the spring bonus. Plus AIGovernor gives discounts to recruitment.

We've got a script that spawns certain elites if specific factions hold particular settlements every 80 turns. We could do the same with a token fleet for KH/Pritanoi if it's being widely observed.

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    @Rad Have you been sinking their navy? I notice you're blockading their ports. If you haven't, then it may be that the debt relief script isn't refunding enough cash to build a ship.

I do also recall that we have had this sort of extreme issue where the AI simply doesn't build ships and then it was necessary to lower their cost.
    It may be wise then to build in a scripted spawn of for ships for KH and Pritanoi if they have no naval units at present and are in debt. Obviously having them island bound is something we have been trying to avoid. And this seems to be something I've seen several times before as a reported problem by a few people.
    I didn't even touch their navy, because there was no navy to be found. Everything they had, they seemed to have spent on ground troops.

P.S. I think I was neutral with KH at the time of the screenshot. What you see there is maaaaaybe some Seleucid ships blocking their port. I was only there to take pictures.

P.P.S. I was definitely neutral with KH back then. If you look closely, there's trade between Crete (KH) and Sparta (mine).
    Last edited by Rad; December 04, 2017 at 03:42 PM.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

I can't create a new Steam library in C: because Steam says "there is already a library in this disc". I don't want to use another drive because only C: is SSD. If SSD doesn't make difference in EBII I can choose another drive.

Edit1: I solved the problem by adding a new line in to libraryfolders.vdf:
    Code:
    "2"        "C:\\StEB2"
    Edit2:
    I have some questions:
    1. EBII uses medieval2.exe in my PC. There is no Kingdoms.exe (I use steam version and I have Kingdoms Expansion). Is it OK?
    2. When I change exe to run as Administrator mod doesn't work. It says in the launcher window: "the requested operation requires elevation" So I don't run it as Administrator.
    3. How long does take first turns (average)?
    Last edited by CanOmer; December 05, 2017 at 10:10 AM.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Apart from the known Maidunon revolt glitch, (had to periodically surrender_regions f_casse, since 1070, and leave the Pritanoi to blitz the rebel stacks), holistically, very playable.
    Didn't need Forced Diplomacy.
    Average diplomacy transaction was about 30000 gold with ease, but there was plenty of money...and, yet, still lots left to conquer!
    Top horde star = Saka
    Bottom horde star = Pahlava.
    Thanks to The EBII Team and all its members.

The Medieval era has come to an end...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Consummatum Est.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Treason View Post
    Apart from the known Maidunon revolt glitch, (had to periodically surrender_regions f_casse, since 1070, and leave the Pritanoi to blitz the rebel stacks), holistically, very playable.
    Didn't need Forced Diplomacy.
    Average diplomacy transaction was about 30000 gold with ease, but there was plenty of money...and, yet, still lots left to conquer!
    Top horde star = Saka
    Bottom horde star = Pahlava.
    Thanks to The EBII Team and all its members.

The Medieval era has come to an end...

Who's the blue in the Tarim?

What's the progress with dev 2.3a patch?

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    I'd guess the Lugiones wandered over there. Looks like their color. Neo-Tocharians?

Also, just to get this straight: the Aedui are now Germany, the Sweboz are now the Getai, the Gandaharans decided they liked this whole "steppe warrior" thing way too much, and the Seleukids have a giant hole in them called "Persia?"

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    I'm updating the zip all the time with changes. No plans to release it any time soon, though.

Since I'm about to start a grand campaign (which has already integrated a few fixes), would it be possible for you to share anything that deals with the finance aspect? I remember there having been a discussion about a new way to calculate building maintenance, if I'm not mistaken. In short, I'm looking forward to the mod making the administrative-economic side of things more difficult and realistic that its current state (which is quite satisfactory in comparison to many others I've seen).

Quote Originally Posted by Assur Nikator View Post
    Since I'm about to start a grand campaign (which has already integrated a few fixes), would it be possible for you to share anything that deals with the finance aspect? I remember there having been a discussion about a new way to calculate building maintenance, if I'm not mistaken. In short, I'm looking forward to the mod making the administrative-economic side of things more difficult and realistic that its current state (which is quite satisfactory in comparison to many others I've seen).
    It involves multiple changes to several files, so it will be in 2.3a.

I see, thanks for the reply in any case. Will the changes be dramatic or am I ok starting a campaign under the current system?