Thread: i5-3570 heatsink.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default i5-3570 heatsink.

I just bought a second hand i5-3570 to replace my old i3-2100. It came with the stock fan. However it really looks dirty and old so I reused my i3-2100 stock cooler.

So far everything works great but should I be worry ? What's max temp that I should look for and is there any free apps that I can use to monitor the temp of cpu and etc?

Thanks.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Default Re: i5-3570 heatsink.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I just bought a second hand i5-3570 to replace my old i3-2100. It came with the stock fan. However it really looks dirty and old so I reused my i3-2100 stock cooler.

So far everything works great but should I be worry ? What's max temp that I should look for and is there any free apps that I can use to monitor the temp of cpu and etc?

Thanks.
    I use this little Win 7 gadget for more than four years now to monitor temps on my overclocked i5-760.

You should be good up to 90c.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; September 04, 2016 at 02:21 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Ivy Bridge are tested to hold up to 105°C. 105 is the real limit. Buy a decent cooler. I personally own a Noctua NH-D15 dual fan with the Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste put on it and my temperature in idle is 21-22°C with cpu default clock. Overclocked to 4.6ghz temp is 29°C idle

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Cpu-Z
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)