Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triumph for the people.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Triumph for the people.

Triumph of the people.

I'm sure Iskar can provide a Latin translation for that.

I wasn't sure Triumphs were ever in the constitution but perhaps they were.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Article 3 - Triumphs
    The Parliamentum shall recognise remarkable achievement by a member, members, or team by awarding them a special Triumph in their honour. This Triumph shall take two forms as follows

Golden Laurel Crown
    Any Citizen can propose another Citizen for the honour of having a Triumph provided he has the support of 10 other Citizens. The individual nominated must accept the offer and the case must then be submitted for ratification by the CdeCCuria. A simple majority of non abstaining CdeCCurial members is required for the event to be held.

Golden Modding Laurel
    Any Modding team which is a part of the community may be awarded this Triumph. The Triumph is awarded by either the Council or a simple majority of non abstaining CdeCCurial voters. Any member can nominate a mod for the triumph. If awarded the modding team is allowed to use the triumph in advertising and may be awarded gifts such as interviews and exposure.

Upon the granting of a triumph a thread honouring the members shall be opened in the TW and Modding Community Forum by the Speaker, or, in a more appropriate forum at the Speaker's discretion, remaining open for a minimum of one week, and the Chief of Content shall post a front page announcement linking to this thread.

No more than two triumphs may be held a month, though members or teams may be awarded multiple triumphs over time. Members awarded with a triumph may have an appropriate medal created for them as per the terms of Article 2 above.

Now all that is very complex and steeped in curial bureaucracy that largely doesn't exist any more. So maybe we could bring the 'Triumphs' back in a less complicated form. All open for discussion any way.

The curia shall recognise remarkable achievement by a member or members by awarding a Triumph in their honour.
    A presentation shall be offered to the curator with at least three citizens as supporters.
    A Triumph will be presented in the form of a thread created by the curator in the Forum Magnum.
    A Triumph will include a presentation of the achievements the triumph has been awarded for.

Why: A triumph would be a way of recognizing members who have continued to make significant contributions to the forum but already have received the highest honour/medal available in a specific area.

A triumph would be a way for non citizens to participate in showing their gratitude to recipients.

Ave at it..

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default Re: Triumph for the people.

Triumphus Populi?

What would it entail? I could imagine honouring the triumphant with a front page article about their exploits over the course of their membership, if content were fine with that. Sprinkle in some links to the subsections they are active in and it would even benefit general interest in those areas.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

Certainly any additional coverage would be advantageous to the recipient, the area they are active in and the curia as a thread in the FM is open to all.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Idea sounds good on paper but I have to ask what's to separate the golden laurel from the opifex or novus or loincloth.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post
    Idea sounds good on paper but I have to ask what's to separate the golden laurel from the opifex or novus or loincloth.
    I can't answer this without biting my tongue. Ach, there I just did....

You can't give details about your medal idea without insulting me? Wat?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post
    The posession of those awards is the reasoning behind to revive the Triumph. As per the OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Why: A triumph would be a way of recognizing members who have continued to make significant contributions to the forum but already have received the highest honour/medal available in a specific area.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

TBH, We have members who out there not yet recognized for citizenship. There are members both citizen and non-citizen who could be considered for large awards, but are not. Creating another award to recognized those already recognized seems premature. Let us expend out energies looking outward to find these hidden gems before we recognize someone already recognized for their great contribution.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

The idea sound interesting, but for once I have to agree with Pike; I will not oppose this if it will go for a vote, but I really think we can do very well without it (actually, it's quite a lot of job to prepare such a Triumph thread, IMO; this time could be spent better).
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    The posession of those awards is the reasoning behind to revive the Triumph. As per the OP:
    My bad, I only read it diagonally.

This is an idea I would support if proposed. I can get you in touch with some art staff guys if you need.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    TBH, We have members who out there not yet recognized for citizenship.
    Sigh...

There are members both citizen and non-citizen who could be considered for large awards, but are not. Creating another award to recognized those already recognized seems premature.
    I got Opifex for my first conversion mod, I made three more after that and the last was released about six years ago. Just as an example.

Let us expend out energies looking outward to find these hidden gems before we recognize someone already recognized for their great contribution.
    NVM..

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn
    The idea sound interesting, but for once I have to agree with Pike; I will not oppose this if it will go for a vote, but I really think we can do very well without it (actually, it's quite a lot of job to prepare such a Triumph thread, IMO; this time could be spent better).
    It would take about as much time and effort as the Phalera proposal you did for Ngugi, but this he would actually qualify for. That's where agreeing with Pike will get you..
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; April 13, 2016 at 03:03 PM.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Just to be sure, this would be just a thread, right?

If so, while I kind of find it a bit unnecessary, I don't really have anything against it, so I'll leave it for the rest of you to decide. In any case, I think this could be done spontaneously with no need for regulation.

And as a final note, given the reasons why this was started: I think I'm not the only one who has always regarded Opifex as the top modding award and Phalera as the "other contributions" award (more or less the award equivalents for Artifex and Civitate/Citizen). I have just come to the realization that they are essentially the same and distinguished only by the place where the contributions were made, which in all honesty I find a little bit nonsensical. Maybe (again, maybe, I have to say I have not given this more than a minute of thought) we could just make Opifex the top award for modding and Phalera the top award for debating and other contributions, and that way a member who has contributed exceptionally in both areas could receive both awards.

Sigh...
    I got Opifex for my first conversion mod, I made three more after that and the last was released about six years ago. Just as an example.
    NVM..
    It would take about as much time and effort as the Phalera proposal you did for Ngugi, but this he would actually qualify for. That's where agreeing with Pike will get you..
    OK, we literally personalized everything here...
    Personally, I commend Flinn for maintaining his personal conviction over any personal self- interest!

I am not sure why you are being antagonistic. Opifex and Phalera is already the top awards in their respective areas; however, I am not, in theory, opposed to the creation for those who continue to contribute. My reservation still holds true. If we were better tat recognizing members for citizenship and for large awards, then I would be wholeheartedly for this.

I am not a big fan of the name.... reminds me of something else.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

I don't agree with the notion that it should not be implemented simply because Citizenships and other Large Awards are being neglected, but it does seem a bit underdeveloped at the moment. Should there be a stipulation that a nominee should already possess an Opifex or a Phalera, rather than simply being implied? Should the nominee have achieved something equal to or greater than their previous achievement(s) for which they were granted the Large Award?

I suppose it could be left to the proposer, but if such a proposal went to a vote, I don't know how I'd vote as I don't completely understand what exactly a recipient is meant to have achieved to earn this.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Would it be possible to add some sort of "citation" to an award ?
    For example, Halie was rewarded with Opifex award for his first mod.
    Then, it could have been rewarded by adding "citations" to his Opifex award.

The system could be similar to palms for the "Croix de Guerre" medals.
    Mentioned in Despatches : the lowest degree is represented by a bronze star while the highest degree is represented by a bronze palm:[2]
    • a bronze star (étoile en bronze) for those who had been mentioned at the regiment or brigade level.
    • a silver star (étoile en argent), for those who had been mentioned at the division level.
    • a silver-gilt star (étoile en vermeil), for those who had been mentioned at the corps level.
    • a bronze palm (palme en bronze), for those who had been mentioned at the army level.
    • a silver palm (palme en argent), represents five bronze ones.
    • a silver-gilt palm (palme en vermeil), for those who had been mentioned at the Free French Forces level (World War II only).

The clasps are awarded for gallantry to any member of the French military or its allies and are, depending on the degree, roughly the equivalent for U.S. Bronze Star and Silver Star or UK Military Cross and Military Medal.

But I'm unsure about the technical possibility to do this in the forum.

Opifex, like Phalera, is the highest award a member can be granted with.
    I see no good reason to create something "highest", it would be like creating a new medals above "Légion d'Honneur" or "Medal of Honor" or "Victoria cross" because someone already got it and it can't be awarded twice.

Solution could be :
    • to create levels (bronze / silver / gold) inside Opifex and Phalera, but you will be limited by the number of levels ;
    • to add a "citation" system, but I'm unsure about its technical feasability ;
    • to create "medium" awards

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

I think the simplest solution would be to pass a Curial Decision for honouring the respective member with a Frontpage article on their exploits, to be written by content and/or any citizen wanting to get involved in it.
    No amendments, new graphics, usergroups or whatnot needed and even some interest/traffic generated in the sections the member is active in.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    I don't agree with the notion that it should not be implemented simply because Citizenships and other Large Awards are being neglected, but it does seem a bit underdeveloped at the moment. Should there be a stipulation that a nominee should already possess an Opifex or a Phalera, rather than simply being implied? Should the nominee have achieved something equal to or greater than their previous achievement(s) for which they were granted the Large Award?

I suppose it could be left to the proposer, but if such a proposal went to a vote, I don't know how I'd vote as I don't completely understand what exactly a recipient is meant to have achieved to earn this.

There is no proposal at this point, it's just an open discussion. Testing the waters, if a workable idea comes up I'll write a formal proposal and post it in the proth.
    Would it be possible to add some sort of "citation" to an award ?
    For example, Halie was rewarded with Opifex award for his first mod.
    Then, it could have been rewarded by adding "citations" to his Opifex award.
    I like the intent, but this would effectively change Opifex from a large award to a medium award. I'm not sure it's worth the change. Maybe others will think differently.

I think the simplest solution would be to pass a Curial Decision for honouring the respective member with a Frontpage article on their exploits, to be written by content and/or any citizen wanting to get involved in it.
    No amendments, new graphics, usergroups or whatnot needed and even some interest/traffic generated in the sections the member is active in.
    This would lose an important element, removing it from the curia (FM) and the opportunity for non-citizens to participate (in the FM).

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

I like it. An FM thread and maybe throw in an interview or front page article (the Curia needs to do more on the CMS, I liked Shank's interviews). But no need for more medals, usergroups etc, as Iskar pointed out.

Can we have multiple triumphs? Maybe limit it to one per year/two years, assuming of course contributions are sufficient.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

There is no proposal at this point, it's just an open discussion. Testing the waters, if a workable idea comes up I'll write a formal proposal and post it in the proth.
    I realise that. I was talking about the hypothetical proposals for this award that would come after this hypothetical amendment was proposed, hypothetically.

Basically, as long as there's a clear enough definition of what this is for ("continuation of efforts for which an Opifex of Phalera was awarded", for example), I'd know how to vote in those hypothetical proposals.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Opposed. Sounds gay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast