View Poll Results: What sounds better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Numenorean settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

3 37.50%
  • Dúnedain settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

2 25.00%
  • Reunited Kingdom settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 77 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2752676869707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1661

Thread: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

Default Re: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

in my game aragorn is the faction leader and denethor only the heir, aragorn, for now is not playable because is in eriador but when he ask me to join, he bacame the leader and he was playble, What do you think?

and another question the one ring??

Well, it seems that I don't know the scripts as good as I thought I did. In any case good for you, have fun with playing with Aragon.

What about the one Ring?

I think it is just the standard scripts. In DAC Saruman can also use the ring and get stronger, however this is not the case in MOS or RK.

Some detailed info in the spoiler.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - One ring

The one ring will not appear before turn 25.
    For further information please read the FAQ thread regarding the one ring. This topic has been discussed in great detail in the TATW forum as well. (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10780781)

Q: How do I acquire the One Ring ?
    A: Through events in your campaign you will be automatically notified where the One Ring might be located. If you conquer the settlement in question (the event will tell you which one) within the given time limit, your general will acquire the One Ring. When this happens an event will automatically pop up explaining you have successfully acquired the One Ring.

Q: What happens if do not acquire the One Ring after receiving several messages about its location ?
    A: If you play as a good faction, the One Ring will always somehow end up in the hands of its former master Sauron. When Sauron is resurrected, he will be introduced on the campaign map in the form of a unique and powerful general. Mordor will also become stronger when this scenario becomes a reality. Your relations with other good factions will be penalized for the fact you haven’t tried to prevent Sauron from regaining the One Ring.

Q: When do I have to take the One Ring to the White Council ?
    A: You must have the One Ring for at least 10 turns in possession when playing as a good faction. After this an event tells you, you have to bring the One Ring to the Council. Based on certain conditions, this can be at (the event will tell you where): Imladris, Mithlond or Caras Galadhon.

Q: Do I have to bring the One Ring to the White Council within the given time-limit with my ringbearer ?
    A: It is a requirement if you want to have the possibility to destroy the One Ring later in your campaign. If you fail to meet the demands of the Council leader to show up at the meeting in time, the relations with other good faction will be less good as a result.

Q: What happens if the One Ring gets stolen from my ringbearer ?
    A: You will have to be patient and wait until your spies report to you where the One Ring might be located.

Q: What is up with these reduced movement points of my ringbearer ?
    A: The closer the One Ring gets to Mount Doom the more it can influence the One Ringbearer. It will become harder and harder to reach Mount Doom. These effects to do not apply to the Nazgûl and Sauron.

Q: When I reach Mordor controlled regions with my ringbearer, they automatically declare war to me. How is this possible ?
    A: Mordor and more specifically Sauron want to have the One Ring back. Unconditionally.

Q: How do I destroy the One Ring?
    A: You must play as a good faction and you must have accepted the task from the White Council to destroy the One Ring. Bring you ringbearer to Mount Doom and keep him there for more than 5 turns.

Q: What happens if I managed to destroy the One Ring ?
    A: Mordor will lose all of their armies on the campaign map.

Q: How do I resurrect Sauron when I play as an evil faction (not when playing as Mordor) ?
    A: First you must acquire the One Ring. Second you will be informed through an event that you have to take the One Ring to Sauron. You can achieve this by positioning your ringbearer in front of the Black Gate. Ensure that the Black Gate and Barad-dûr is controlled by Mordor! If you succeed, Sauron will be very pleased and will reward greatly for bringing the One Ring to him.

Q: What happens if I fail to give the One Ring back to Sauron within the given time-limit ?
    A: Sauron will give the order to the other evil factions to take the One Ring from you. They will as a result all declare war to you. You will also lose the Dark Lord’s protection.

Q: How do I resurrect Sauron when I play as Mordor ?
    A: Acquire the One Ring and take it back to Barad-dûr with your ringbearer.

Q: What happens if I let Sauron get killed ?
    A: Besides losing a extremely powerful general , your economy will take a serious ''hit''.

okok thanks, i only want to know if there are events on the one ring so thank you

Miles

Hi!

Any plans for updateing this for MOS 1.7?
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Nope.

Perhaps some of it may become part of MOS though. Can't tell for sure at this point so I will leave it at that.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    Hi!

Any plans for updateing this for MOS 1.7?
    No, sorry. RK is no more ofc supported as im busy for Rise of Mordor and Mike Golf is busy as well. If MG wishes to update it I have nothing against.
    This applies also to Veteraan, Greyman, manekmaan and other team members.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I honestly wasn't aware that MOS updated - I always operated under the assumption that MOS 1.6.2 (IIRC) was the final version and mods like this, Leo's, PCP, and DaC were simply fractured fan continuations. In fact, I sort of came to see RK as the definitive MOS 1.7.

I'll need to look at what MOS 1.7 changes. If I like it and it's stuff I can do, I might try editing RK to work with it, as I'm a team member and I'm guessing Mike would give me permission to release a compatch. But if I don't see the need to update to the new MOS, I'm not doing the work.

EDIT: Yeah nope, honestly I can't say I care enough about the changes from their changelogs. There's just not enough added to 1.7 that RK doesn't already have to justify it.
    Last edited by Agamemnon; October 20, 2015 at 09:56 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    I honestly wasn't aware that MOS updated - I always operated under the assumption that MOS 1.6.2 (IIRC) was the final version and mods like this, Leo's, PCP, and DaC were simply fractured fan continuations.
    Leo's, PCP and DaC continuations of MOS?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Maybe not PCP, come to think of it I don't think that was MOS based at all, and I meant DC (Director's Cut), I must have typed DaC by accident. But For sure Leo's and DC.

EDIT: Crap, I've been out of the game for a long time. Leo's isn't for MOS either, shoot. DC incorporated Leo's settlements before we did though, that must have been what I was thinking of.

Even if Hero of the West won't fancy it (he want one MOS to rule them all, haha), now it sounds right

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Maybe not PCP, come to think of it I don't think that was MOS based at all, and I meant DC (Director's Cut), I must have typed DaC by accident. But For sure Leo's and DC.

EDIT: Crap, I've been out of the game for a long time. Leo's isn't for MOS either, shoot. DC incorporated Leo's settlements before we did though, that must have been what I was thinking of.
    Now you are wrong again
    MOS incorporated Leo's settlemets sometime after DAC did. DC did no such thing, it was a submod of MOS. Now MOS 1.7 uses most of DC, with some additional settlements by Leo. If the new version of MOS ever sees the light of day, it will include parts of de Reunited Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    No, sorry. RK is no more ofc supported as im busy for Rise of Mordor and Mike Golf is busy as well. If MG wishes to update it I have nothing against.
    This applies also to Veteraan, Greyman, manekmaan and other team members.
    I concur with Mr. J, if any of the team members wishes to make any updates or fixes they are free to do so. I will assist where I can, with installers, etc. I am rather busy these days with a bachelors degree finally in sight after 5 decades of life, I have only missed the mark by 3 decades or so. Better late then never. Especially now that college level, never to be used again, algebra is complete! And to celebrate this glorious event I am going to:
    and and then start classes again on Monday.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I concur with Mr. J, if any of the team members wishes to make any updates or fixes they are free to do so. I will assist where I can, with installers, etc. I am rather busy these days with a bachelors degree finally in sight after 5 decades of life, I have only missed the mark by 3 decades or so. Better late then never. Especially now that college level, never to be used again, algebra is complete! And to celebrate this glorious event I am going to:
    and and then start classes again on Monday.
    Congratz mate, enjoy your drinks You deserved them, algebra is terrible...

As for new RK updates, I think the rest of the team is also too busy with various things to make any new updates, though some things might surace in MOS at one point. That said, we have already made a pretty solid submod, if I'm allowed to say so myself

Good job man, and good luck with life.

Yeah, college is sort of kicking my butt right now. I'd say that I'm satisfied to go join the Silly Old Duffers of TWC and kick back with a nice cup of tea, rest on my laurels, and all that. I'm not very active anymore and I haven't opened a M2TW text file in a year, but if anyone is still using our old mod (I know I am) and has a bug report, feel free to post it here and if I happen along it I'll attempt to make a hotfix.

You know, I think this might be the most polite, relaxed announcement of mod death in the history of TWC. Generally either there's an argument or people just disappear, meanwhile we're all "yeah, we're tired and busy, but we had a good run, didn't we old chaps."

You guys created one of best submods out there that increased my enjoyment of the game alot.
    Fact is i will not update to mos 1.7 as RK have too much to offer that the 1.7 update may not cover.

Again thanx for your amazing effort....you gave evil factions a good attention.

Hi all.Under what conditions it is possible to rebuild Angmar?

Hello Hannad and welcome to TWC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannad View Post
    Hi all.Under what conditions it is possible to rebuild Angmar?
    According to the OP, this mod uses the Angmar Rises-submod, and the instructions there are:
    I've developed a small submod for 3.2 because I really want to see more action in the north western regions. In this submod the Witchking of Angmar will return to his kingdom in the north under the following circumstances:

- If the Kingdom of Arnor is restored
    - If the human player as OOG builds the Witchking's Throne in Carn-Dum
    - A small chance that this will happen in the late campaign if Arnor is not restored

This is not a complete faction conversion as the Eriador-Arnor script does, but it will give the OOG powerful new armies and general later in the campaign and the Witchking's presence allows the construction of a few special buildings and units as well. OOG are also given the hording ability so they will be more of a threat to the good factions in the northwest and to allow for the faction to respawn once Arnor is restored.

I recently decided to start a Dale campaign and complete the Heirs of Rhovanion quest, but I remember that it is bugged and requires a file to be edited with Notepad. I've been searching for hours trying to find the thread or post about the fix but haven't been successful. Does anyone have a link to the post or know what file to edit?

How would one go about rebuilding the walls of Osgiliath as shown in the preview pictures? You can't upgrade either settlement from their ruined state since they're already at their maximum size, so how do you get the custom settlement?