Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMS 1.3 – MultiMod Support

Default Re: MMS 1.3 – MultiMod Support

Hey everyone,
    I created a mod making the Ikko Ikki stronger by increasing stats of the units (just for fun). When I try to launch the game from the MMS it gives me and unhandled exception error. This is what it says in the details. Can anyone give some insight on what I may have done wrong. I have created other working Mods, and I followed the process in the video perfectly.
    Thanks everyone

Hey there, i got a bit of a problem, why is there some files not in the working data but in the raw data? Eg: I tried to add a new general @ starting_position_character use MMs, but i cant find it on the working data part while using Table Export.

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeze95 View Post
    Hey there, i got a bit of a problem, why is there some files not in the working data but in the raw data? Eg: I tried to add a new general @ starting_position_character use MMs, but i cant find it on the working data part while using Table Export.
    The "start_pos_*" tables are diferent. You must use it in BOB to process the startpos.esf file.

Hi there, I have problems in regards to the installation of MMS. So when I'm "prompted for your mod tools installation directory", where exactly do I install it to? Can you give me an example? I've installed mine to my modding folder under the Shogun 2 folder (my Shogun 2 is under the default steam path, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2). The reason I need to know exactly this is because every time I try to add the new unit I've made in BOB, it always comes up with an error in the database export (orange colour as opposed to green).

Something along the lines of:
    Convert table to binary... (steam path) - There are at least 6-7 of these for each of the followings (and are in orange as well):
    - building_units_allowed
    - uniforms
    - unit_stats_land
    - unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions
    - units
    - units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions
    - units_to_groupings_military_permissions

Then these particular lines kept popping up for each of them: (In addition to several long steam paths)
    "There is no pack file to add a file to.
    Incorrect flag files specified - should be append or replace
    add_building_units_allowed_tab*le did not parse the entire stream"

So I'm guessing at this point that the problem lies with BOB not being able to convert the binary since it cannot find the a pack file to add a file to. Please advice.

Quote Originally Posted by RayceFarelle View Post
    Hi there, I have problems in regards to the installation of MMS. So when I'm "prompted for your mod tools installation directory", where exactly do I install it to? Can you give me an example? I've installed mine to my modding folder under the Shogun 2 folder (my Shogun 2 is under the default steam path, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2). The reason I need to know exactly this is because every time I try to add the new unit I've made in BOB, it always comes up with an error in the database export (orange colour as opposed to green).
    You need to install the mod tools in a directory containing no spaces in them or they will cause the bug you posted.
    Also, there is a limit of 256 characters to the total path length (imposed by Windows), but there is a pretty deep directory hierarchy created by the tools.
    I suggest you install your mod tools in C:\ModTools.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hi i have a problem when ever i use the unit editor its it say error anamation tables not found and it crashes any help?

Having problem with installing! I have no clue why it's happening! error message says System IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path D:\st\steamapps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\modding\modding.zip'.

Quote Originally Posted by ayden445041 View Post
    Hi i have a problem when ever i use the unit editor its it say error anamation tables not found and it crashes any help?
    SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP THIS GUY, I also am having troubles identical to his

Hi who can generously give me an assembly kit for shogun 2 total war? coz im a non steam shogun 2 player coz I still dont have a dime to franchise this game...! but I really want to use this tools thnx..

hello guys when i tryed to edit units in the tweak unit editor there was an error message that said could not connect to animations_table any ideas how i can fix this

Every time i try to launch TWeak or BoB it always says "unhandled exception has occurred...if you click continue the app will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click quit, the application will close immediately. Directory name is invalid". I have no idea and i cant mod until this is fixed.

Hi, I'm just editing some units, but I can only change their on_sreen_name for the english version.
    How can I change the german names?

Hey, when installing MMS and selecting C:\Official_Mod_Tools which is where I extracted my modding tools to. All MMS does is copy the 'data' and 'benchmarks' folders from my Shogun 2 Directory and nothing else. It also stays open in the task manager, without any windows actually being open.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt0512 View Post
    Hey, when installing MMS and selecting C:\Official_Mod_Tools which is where I extracted my modding tools to. All MMS does is copy the 'data' and 'benchmarks' folders from my Shogun 2 Directory and nothing else. It also stays open in the task manager, without any windows actually being open.
    I had a similar problem. What I did was change the compatability to open with Vista, use Administrator to open, then wait a metric ton of time, and it eventually worked. Not sure if this is a sure-fire fix, but it worked for me.

Ok, so I'm using the MMS with the PFM 3.5.2 and I keep getting the problem of whenever I open a pack file that I built in the MMS, the db folder is absent with only 'battleterrain' and 'variantmodels' present. What am I doing wrong? All I wanted to do was just change the stats of specific units in unit_stats_land and this is proving to be more of a headache than I thought.

I have a Problem. I used the tweak to edit my files for my new mod and the i bobd it to a pack file. Then i installed it and clicked on the launch shogun button. then it happened. An exception error occured: file not found?
    what did i wrong?
    1. added a new mod
    2. made some changes in character_experiences_tiers
    3. Exported the file
    4. used Bob, hooked the db file and pressed start
    5. optimized
    6. cleaned up
    7. Install
    8. Launch Shogun 2 then it happened

solved this problem. different shogun 2 path

how to fix

Laetus

Whenever I open my mods this popup

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MMS.ExternalProcesses.Launch(String executableItem, ProcessStartInfo info)
    at MMS.MainForm.LaunchWithMod(String executable, String[] args)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1086.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    MMS
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/MMS/MMS.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Common
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/MMS/Common.DLL
    CommonDialogs
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/MMS/CommonDialogs.DLL
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1088.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
    Assembly Version: 0.86.0.518
    Win32 Version: 0.86.0.518
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/MMS/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Did you solve the problem? I have the same problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12