Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950515253545556575873 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    If you look at it, there's no forts there anymore They were removed in 3.0 as it limited the AI to much.
    On the other hand, IIRC there's a custom 'settlement' there meaning you'll get a wall's gate to defend, honoring the Rammas existance.
    I see confusing AI to much...thanks! Does it mean I get the wall's gate on battle map if troops are fighting right on Rammas' ring...?

Suggestion: Would be cool if units could be placed on Minas Morgul's walls...!

not a real suggestion, but if perhaps the team is at work or planning to create Annuminas in the future, I wanted to share this picture, I found in the net, because I really like the atmosphere it depicts. perhaps this atmosphere could be transferred to the settlement (and perhaps to osgiliath as well) - the wild trees between the buildings, the heaps of rubble...

so here we go, the picture:

So I just thought of something the other day, not really sure how possible this is mind you.

The forces of evil have invasions correct? What if there was an equivalent invasion for the forces of good? The trigger point could be the Council of Elrond... sounds a bit strange I know but I think it would be really cool to call an invasion and see armies of men,elves and dwarves marching on the Black Gate... What do you think? would it even be possible?

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

DCI submod.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by crawfs View Post
    So I just thought of something the other day, not really sure how possible this is mind you.

The forces of evil have invasions correct? What if there was an equivalent invasion for the forces of good? The trigger point could be the Council of Elrond... sounds a bit strange I know but I think it would be really cool to call an invasion and see armies of men,elves and dwarves marching on the Black Gate... What do you think? would it even be possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    DCI submod.
    Word ^^
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=497959

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Eomer for rohan

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

I still cant adapt yto the bonus scripts for AI.

The money script is ok, but "last stand", "garrison script" and "help weakened factions" totally destroys the gameplay, in my opinion.

I think the bonuses should be more discrete.

Give more initial units for every AI faction, so at the beggining of the campaign they will not be attacke so easly by the player.

Give some moreadvanced units for the AI defending his settlements at the beggining of the campaign, like some elite units even if they dont have the technology to train them yet.

Also, if possible, reduce the recuiting time for AI's units, so thy can get more units faster than us.

I think that would be better than the actual magic units comming from nothing and totally destroying your capacity of plan an attack.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; June 11, 2012 at 08:21 PM.

remove Necromancy please I hate 1 orc raising 2000 orcs after battle

Borussia Dortmund fan

I would like to see Huorns in the game... They also had a role in exterminating the Uruks at the battle of helmsdeep and the destruction of isengard.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    remove Necromancy please I hate 1 orc raising 2000 orcs after battle
    Blast the general for all cost.
    The generals are the Necromancers. Always.
    Aure entuluva!

Default Just an idea

Hello TATW team and fans . This week I started playing another mod similar to this, Lord of the Rings total war for RTW. Anyway I found that this mod have some pretty good soundtrack, especially the menu part. It has also a very well done background video for the menu. I was just wondering if someone if the team could ask permission from the leader of LOTW TW to incoporate these mentioned above into TATW. It would be in my opinion very fastantic .
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Icon10 Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Crispicus View Post
    Eomer for rohan
    This request has been the subject of great debate and war among members of Te forum. I personally want him. I want him bad

Also not sure if this has been mentioned but.... Henneth Annun was closer to the river Anduin than the mountains of Mordor

EDIT: mroe specifically I meant that it was on the wrong side of the rode... and FAR too close to Mordor http://www.oneil.com.au/tolkien/maps/map_mordor.gif
    Last edited by crawfs; June 14, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    This request has been the subject of great debate and war among members of Te forum. I personally want him. I want him bad
    I have him in 1.4.1.

There is the minor issue concerning the "set_faction_banner" in case of the AI Arnor union, it's commented out in the script; the reason certainly is that this command changes the faction ui icon for each local faction. When it's "banner byzantium" the icon would be, for each human player, the symbol of Arnor, regardless if you play for Mordor or any other faction, all local factions get the symbol of Arnor.

There is a simple fix... each non AI faction just needs to be forced, at the start of each turn, to set it's own banner :

Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType sicily
            and not IsFactionAIControlled
    and I_EventCounter union_accepted = 1
            set_faction_banner
            faction sicily
            banner sicily
            end_set_faction_banner
        end_monitor
    With this done for all of the factions, AI can easily be allowed to change the banner of Eriador for the banner of Arnor, with no side effects. Turks need this :

Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType turks
            and not IsFactionAIControlled
    and I_EventCounter union_accepted = 1
            set_faction_banner
            faction turks
            banner byzantium
            end_set_faction_banner
        end_monitor

Please fix all occurrences of "Dúnedains" to simply "Dúnedain" in the quotes on the loading screen. "Dúnadan" is singular, "Dúnedain" is plural. "Dúnedains" sounds really ridiculous if one is aware of basic Sindarin grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I have him in 1.4.1.
    how is this possible?

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

Has there been any talk about creating the fell beasts the nazgul ride? I've seen screenshots of dragons that "fly" on the battle field so I would think that making the models would be possible. I like the black numenorean bodygaurds in the campaign but maybe for custom battles there can be a "nazgul on fell beasts" unit? It would be so cool to see a nazgul on fell beasts unit plowing into Rohan Royal Guard.

I think there should be some way of moving population from one settlement to another-some sort of event that you can agree or disagree to, for example, if you capture the Ithilan and Osgiliath you could take some of the people in Dol Amroth and Minas tirith (say, a thousand from each? or something?) and repopulate the various settlements there, so that, yeknow, they might be able to do something before the end-game.

Dont know how possible it is engine wise, but I think it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Cat View Post
    Has there been any talk about creating the fell beasts the nazgul ride? I've seen screenshots of dragons that "fly" on the battle field so I would think that making the models would be possible. I like the black numenorean bodygaurds in the campaign but maybe for custom battles there can be a "nazgul on fell beasts" unit? It would be so cool to see a nazgul on fell beasts unit plowing into Rohan Royal Guard.
    The only problem there is balance.. if you don't have any archers, or your archers have been defeated early you are screwed.