Page 68 of 248 FirstFirst ... 184358596061626364656667686970717273747576777893118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 4953

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: New custom settlements - RELEASED!

hum....well remembered...
    ill try...

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Leo - about Minas Morgul a 2nd gate can also be a good idea on the second rim ot the walls.For me Minas Morgul vanilla is hardest for deploy troups inside the outer rim area. The reason - the X marker on the big bumps inside... so little place to use inside - only the main route to the flag through the 2 gates.For Minas Tirith i have confronted the problem about the flag being ontop of the city. After an attacking force(in custom battles 3v5 or 4v4 ) reach the 2nd-3rd levels and stops to that level and goes camping.If you fix the problems it will be perfect for both cities . In Minas Tirith on each level 1 gate can be good to inplement - gates in the tunnels below the Spike won't be good idea - there was no gate in the movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...z7EAYLrs#t=79s
    You know the level where the original plazza is it gots 2 main entries - only 1 gate on that level. The idea is the player (or the AI) to choose 1- to bypass that gate by making his way up longer or 2- to smash it with the ram.And pls dont add new Towers to shoot the attacker.It gonna be unbalanced even more from gameplay view.

You guys cant imagine my hapiness when I saw threbuchets entering minas tirith to destroy the second gate, wich is in the 6thlevel... and then AI worked perfectly, even CA could not do better

MINAS TIRITH PLAZA NOW ON 7TH LEVEL, WITH A SECOND INNER GATE!!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm happy for you happyness! So no more additional gates for Minas Tirith?
    A second gate for Minas Morgul would be great too with deployable second ring of walls.

ouuh the next update is going to be so awesome ... !!

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Leo, can you make Minas Tirith 1'st wall indestructible? Also, maybe some archer slots on Orthanc?
    Last edited by intel; April 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    Leo, can you make Minas Tirith 1'st wall indestructible? Also, maybe some archer slots on Orthanc?
    1-No.
    2-Could, but would take a lot of work. Its not a necessity anyway.

I've decided to not make generic gondorian cities anymore.
    First, it would take a brutal amount of work, it was not what I was expecting.
    Second, using osgiliath buildings on them would take out the uniqueness of osgiliath itself.
    Third, they would have vanilla layouts anyway, it would be then a purelly cosmetical change.

So I will just reskin them to make them look more "gondorian".
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; April 20, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Awesome news !!!
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Couldn´t help but notice that Dol Amroth is no longer in the OP. Will it be included in another release or has it been scrapped?

Please, no !
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sad news, that about no generic settlements for Gondor. Argument that "Osgiliath buildings being used in other settlements would strip Osgiliath of its uniqueness" is false. There's nothing special about buildings of Osgiliath (actually, they are as generic as it gets, save for King's House and Dome of Stars and maybe the bridge).

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

I agree, i mean.. Osgiliath was a city with generic gondorian buildings. But it's unique in it's shape, and the special places. Also the fact that it's a city with a river running right through it makes it unique. Osgiliath buildings in generic gondorian cities are not a bad idea, just leave the special ones out.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I've decided to not make generic gondorian cities anymore.
    First, it would take a brutal amount of work, it was not what I was expecting.
    While this is true...
    Second, using osgiliath buildings on them would take out the uniqueness of osgiliath itself.
    Third, they would have vanilla layouts anyway, it would be then a purelly cosmetical change.

So I will just reskin them to make them look more "gondorian".
    I disagree with those points of view.

I dont think it would take anything away from Osgiliath's uniqueness.

And most of the changes in TATW (as in all mods too) are cosmetical when compared to vanilla M2TW. So I dont think this is an issue. Cosmetics are the main immersion factor in any mod.

I do hope you change your mind eventually. I would just suggest you to aim for smaller goals at first. Maybe you could just leave the generic gondorian buildings for the future and focus on releasing what you already have created (azanulimbar dum, dol amroth, the fixes, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I do hope you change your mind eventually. I would just suggest you to aim for smaller goals at first. Maybe you could just leave the generic gondorian buildings for the future and focus on releasing what you already have created (azanulimbar dum, dol amroth, the fixes, etc).
    +1

Hum... maybe you guys are right... but then keep with this: IT WOULD BE A BRUTAL AMOUNT OF WORK.

Sorry guys... but my batteries are low.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

no more Dol Amroth...

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Hum... maybe you guys are right... but then keep with this: IT WOULD BE A BRUTAL AMOUNT OF WORK.

I think you just need a short vacation from modding after you released the next version. And after that you'll have the energy again to start on the Gondorian generics.

That is quite a good point. A break of 2 weeks or even a month re-energizes you a load. It worked for me.
    However, this can lead to a reluctance in restarting modding which almost happened to me.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I suggest you to release what you have right now and take a break for some time. Dont let modding be a burden. I suggest you to enjoy your mod as much as we are enjoying it. Go play your mod, hehehehehehe... and post some cool screenshots of epic sieges!

Im pretty glad I have fixed pratically all isses found by the community in 3.2.
    Except for Cair andros, wich has absolutely unfunctional layout, something that makes the entire settlement useless for attacking AI.
    I have no intentions of creating a new Cair Andros. So I will replace it with a vanilla castle for the next release.
    Osgiliath has received tons of improvement and works pratically perfect now. Im amazed about how King Kong has made a working layout for both sides of the city, each one containing lots of gates, and AI works well when attacking from all gates! (I've tested one by one), how the hell he did it?
    The next pack will then bring TATW to a new level of quality.

I will take some time for playing. A rohan campaign, since rohan is surrounded by custom settlements, invading mordor now will be far enjoyable, helping gondor, with the improvements on settlements will be fun. I think with that second pack, the game will finally be really enjoyable. No mod issues between you and the middle earth!
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; April 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM.