Divide and Conquer is a massive submod with many new factions, hundreds of units and numerous events, depicting Middle-earth like it never has been before. Play any one of 29 factions, from the Dúnedain of the North to the Haven of Umbar.
Choose your faction!
- Kingdom of Gondor
- Principality Of Dol Amroth
- Kingdom Of Rohan
- Bree-land and the Shire
- Northern Dúnedain
- Kingdom of Dale
- Vale of Dorwinion
- Dwarves of Khazad-dûm
- Dwarves of Erebor & Iron Hills
- Dwarves of Ered Luin
- Grey Havens of Lindon
- Realm of Imladris
- Thranduil's Realm
- Galadhrim's Realm
- Vale of Anduin
- Clans of Enedwaith
- Shadow of Mordor
- Shadow of Mirkwood
- Dominion of Isengard
- Orcs of the Misty Mountains
- Remnants of Angmar
Men of the East
- Haven of Umbar
- Haradrim Tribes
- Easterlings of Rhûn
- Variags of Khand
For the second release:
- Ents of Fangorn
- The White Council
- The Reunited Kingdom
- World Events - No matter what faction you play, stay in the loop with key happenings in the world with the World Events system.
- Khazad-dÃ»m - Balin has set out to restore Moria to its former glory. Will you lead his forces through dangerous lands and reclaim it? And can you hold it when the depths reveal its secrets?
- Enedwaith Clan-moot - It is time for Enedwaith to reveal itself to the world as a force of your choosing. The clans have their own aims, their own goals. Keep Enedwaith united, or it may very well collapse.
- Real Combat - An advanced unit balancing system makes sure that battles flow and units feel real. Enjoy realistic combat.
- Excellent new UI - A brand new UI with a unique style, designed by Tokus*Maximus. Modern, intuitive and immersive, it helps makes Divide and Conquer a unique experience.
- New Wildmen Culture - A new culture for new factions, with custom settlements, strat-map models and will soon include new UI to boot.
- Loads of new content - Hundreds of units, far more scripts then have been mentioned, new buildings and new functionality, Divide and Conquer is massive
- Remade to the Core! - The map has been made from scratch, with a completely new heightmap based on the official map of Middle-earth. Hundreds of hours have been spent making sure this map works and looks like the world its based in.
- Lore Accurate! - The geography of Middle-earth has never been so accurately represented in a game! From the shape of the world to the heights of mountains, from the trees in Lorien to the climate of Middle-earth, experience the world like it should be.
- Strategic Chokepoints! - Hold down Isengard at the Gap of Rohan, securing the Fords of Isen and protecting Foldburg. Prevent Mordor from crossing the Anduin by holding Cair Andros and Osgiliath, keeping the lands of the west safe. Prevent enemies crossing the Misty Mountains, holding the High Pass, or protecting the caverns of Moria.
- Improved Graphics! - The map has never looked so good. Terrain textures have depth, the seas are smooth and detailed, forests are diverse and the rivers and shoreline is as smooth as ever. A modern map for modern times.
- Remade Climates! - The climates of Middle-earth have been re-imagined, with improved weather, new climates, realistic snow and diverse regions. Golden-trees in Lorien, the Brown Lands north of Mordor, the fertile ashen lands of Nurnen and the creepy Dead Marshes are just some of the new climate work present in this mod.
- Expanded map with more regions! - There are numerous new regions present in this mod, expanding many areas such as Eriador, Enedwaith and lands east of the Celduin. No larger region of Middle-earth was spared an expanded treatment.
- Improved AI pathfinding - The campaign AI of Medieval II needs the best performance it can get. The map has been designed around keeping the AI moving and making sure the player is challenged. The world was designed with pathfinding performance in mind.
- Sailable rivers! - Many rivers such as the Gwathlo or the Celduin, or even the center stretch of the Anduin have been made sailable, making naval invasions a new experience in many parts of Middle-earth. Defending the Celduin will never be the same.
- Fixed vanilla bugs! - Issues present in vanilla have been fixed, such as the black terrain beyond the playable are in Battle-maps, bugged icons in higher leveled settlements or incorrect textures in certain climates. The trait and ancillary descriptions have been overhauled and cleaned up as well
- Ensured Battle Stability! - As part of the climate overhaul, the culprit file for Battle CTD's was overhauled. Combined with a new method of loading these files, battle CTD's have been killed off, ensuring stability during your best moments.
- 3.3 Unofficial Patch! - Enjoy the epic battles available within the new custom settlements provided by leo.civil.uefs! Enjoy improved immersion through bug-killing in the 3.2 settlements. Further enhancements have been included in this map, including an improved Erebor and a custom settlement for Gundabad.
- and many more surprises throughout the map...
- Writing - 100%
Done. We have written every one of our 1.0 events, we have done all the unit descriptions, any new buildings and all the other text throughout the mod.
- Balancing - 100%
All units have been balanced and campaign balance is close to perfect.
- Scripting - 95%
The scripts will need to be recoordinated for the 2.0 map, and it appears there are some bugs with the Palantiri script, but other then that the scripts are there and done and functional, as well as optimized. (20-25 second turn time on a test machine)
- Coding - 100%
- Mapping - 75%
2.0 of the map is deep underway, with the map files almost complete. Reecoordinating and minor balance tweaking will ensure soon.
- Modelling/Texturing - 100%
- UI - 85%
Some of our most major UI bugs have been fixed, but there is still some work to be done. The battlefield faction flags still need an update, and the cultural GUI's need some fixes.
Credits and Team Members
Team Leader: Emperor of Hell
Coders: Emperor of Hell, FireFreak111, Arachir Galudirithon
Scripters: Arandir Tur-Anion, FireFreak111
2D/Art: Tokus*Maximus, Elvenkind
Writers: Glorious Gandalf, Poosticks7, FireFreak111, cezarip, Arachir Galudirithon
Team leaders: Eöl, Squeaks, Baron Samedi
Unit Creation: Eöl,, Squeaks, Saladin, Welshmandan
Coders: Baron Samedi, skeleton of the west, Aramiteus, Archaon, Bela, Mhaedros/Mhaedros Frey/Captain Carrot, Trailhog250, The Uruk, Flame_of_Anor
Scripters: , cino, The Uruk, Kiliç Alì
2D/Art: Cedriic 37, Grimbold, Erutaron, Master Necromancer, Squeaks
Video and audio: Warman, MasterbigAb, Rgex
Writing: Bregil, Banditks, Beregond, Commander Ruunu, CommanderTony, Jakev, Jean-a-Luc, JorisofHolland, Makrell, Nerva, Squeaks, Valandur
alreadyded - Terrain textures used, base Campaign AI and menu files for 31 factions.
MIKE GOLF - For many new region descriptions, provided to DaC.
ArÇ*mÄ“z - An informative map with great suggestions for regions and their names..
King Kong and team - For Third Age and permissions..
Included Sub-Mods Credits
Elphir of Dol Amroth and team - Vale of Anduin Faction
koultouras and team - Forgotten Realms of Middle-earth
alleycat - Parts of Turtle Mod Revolution
Taro_M - Parts of New Units for Gondor
Point Blank - Real Combat stat system
Spice Master and team - Dynamic Garrison Script
leo.civil.uefs and team - 3.3 Unofficial Patch
Chainsaw Schmalz - Trait and Ancillary description fixes
Ngugi - Tolkien Quotes Submod
Occhi Di Davide - BETTER STRATWATER
Spice Master and Mike Golf - New general name lists
Other Divide and Conquer threads
Divide and Conquer, Campaign Map Remade for 3.2
ModDB Portal (WIP)
Yes/No events thread
Tokien Immersion thread
Developer forum (inactive)
Previous Team thread
Oldest Team thread