Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: 4.9 Alternative patch (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

I'm about to finish up the ceiling. Darn, I could've stay with my mouth shut, doing something like this is boring, yet time-taking as hell itself. But I guess it's too late to complain now
    Expect updates soon.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Pics or it didn't happened

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Leo what was going on in your head when implementing this unit?!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

WTF IS THAT?! Wait wut, when did that get added? I lost some respect...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Mmmm, mobile salted pork...

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Something that vanilla definitely lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    This just made my day
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    Leo what was going on in your head when implementing this unit?!

Dude WTF! I got shocked when I saw this picture, I did not remember about it so it is a good question. WTF I had in mind when I did it?

It looks horrid now, but at the time I did it it was cool because Dain arrived mounting a boar in the movie.

Anyway it is too late now, removing it would require lots of effort and knowledge and I formatted my brain years ago when I stopped modding. Sorry for this.

But hey, they ar enot a regular unit, they are a unique unit right? Dain's bodyguard, so it is not that bad.

Right, so ceiling is pretty much finished. I just need to fix some textures displacement, and possibly work out the vertical walls a bit more. But other than that... yeah, I probably can move on to another settlement. I'll save upgrading it in terms of general content to the future.

For anyone wondering why it took so long, and why I'm whining like a little about this right now, just look at this pic:

That's right! I had to maneuver every single one of these vertices by hand. Nuff' said.

By the way, while I was working on it I stumbled upon this graphical bug, near the back entrance:

I'll try to patch it up later, by adding another pillar, or maybe simply exceeding the walls. Or something custom. Or I'll leave it to rot ¯\_ツ_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by RaTmAnPL View Post
    Right, so ceiling is pretty much finished. I just need to fix some textures displacement, and possibly work out the vertical walls a bit more. But other than that... yeah, I probably can move on to another settlement. I'll save upgrading it in terms of general content to the future.

For anyone wondering why it took so long, and why I'm whining like a little about this right now, just look at this pic:

That's right! I had to maneuver every single one of these vertices by hand. Nuff' said.

By the way, while I was working on it I stumbled upon this graphical bug, near the back entrance:

I'll try to patch it up later, by adding another pillar, or maybe simply exceeding the walls. Or something custom. Or I'll leave it to rot ¯\_ツ_/¯
    Good work!

But don't even tell me to implement it in the sub mod having to use IWTE and all, if you want to contribute, you would need to give me the files ready, just for me to put them in the mod folder and nothing more. I'm no way going back to deal with complex modding.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US, LEO? How could you? After all the praise that I've given to this mod. After all the sweet sonnets and powerful poetry that I've written in dedication to your mod, this is what you do? I'm just through with you! Our bromosexual relationship ends RIGHT NOW.

They are blasphemy and non-canon and everything, but nice job on them anyhow. The release of your submod was truly a watershed moment that really affected nearly every other submod that came after in a cascading effect. If I recall correctly, the original vanilla TATW doesn't even have a custom battle map for Barad-dur! After playing DAC, MOS, and other submods, it would be unthinkable to leave that out of the game now.

Yes... sorry guys... I failed.

I will now isolate myself and spend my life in penance. An entire existence of deprivation and resignation awaits me.

I heard this on steam commentaries about TW: WARHAMMER

"There's one city layout in the whole game, and it only has one direction of approach, but you already knew this because Angry Joe told you so"

Is it true?

If it's true, it doesn't surprise me at all. Maybe they prefer to create cool units to sell you piecemeal ....
    That's why I am not bothering to buy the game in the first place.

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

On the left: Altdorf, largest city of the Empire. On the right: Zhufbar, "massive" (not) dwarven Karak.

The sieges in Warhammer are just as dissapointing as they were in Empire and Napoleon, if not even more.

CA: 0
    LEO: 1

AHAHHAHA

I guess this is their approach to fix the broken siege AI from previous Total Wars, simply have ONE SINGLE layout for which it has to be designed to work xdd
    I mean, does it work properly at least?
    Last edited by xHolyCrusader; May 27, 2016 at 01:05 PM.

Friends report that the game's sieges are alot more difficult. Which is to be expectee with being able to assault a single side only.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    Friends report that the game's sieges are alot more difficult. Which is to be expectee with being able to assault a single side only.
    I have absolutely no interest in playing Warhammer as a TW game. No thanks, I'll stick with TATW and its submods. No offense to anyone who likes that stuff, but I find it beyond ridiculous, even for fantasy (and that's saying a lot). I will admit, though, that way back in the day I played these:

Oh my God.

I remember when I was like 13 and a friend of mine got wardraft 2. I had no PC at that time, let alone a copy of the game. So when I finally got my first PC I fought hard to find a site to download warcraft 2. And when I finally did, I did not play because the game came zipped and I did not know what the heck a compressed file was. So when I finally realized that I had to extract the files from the compressed pack and started playing, dude... it was epic.

By the way, since then I liked to play the game editor where you could build your custom map and set places for different factions so to create a big world with different nations and then play. . And since that times I realized how strange was to have a building being built by a single guy in a few minutes. That is what most impressed me when I saw the first shogun total war many years after, turn based and real strategy. This was when I abandoned RTS with building.

Yes that was the beggining of all, guys.