Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ARTHUR ALEXANDER {raven feeders submod}

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: ARTHUR ALEXANDER {raven feeders submod}

Hope are you going to let/make the historical battles playlable. It would be a vey pity not to do so as there is very few mods which brings new playlable HBs to the game as ATW did.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

so far all hbs are fully playable and contain all the new features , im having a short break due to real life + plus a break allows me to absorb what iv already done and analyze it .when i get back to it my main goal will be adding the fully working hillforts from rs 2.6
    Last edited by GRANTO; May 31, 2012 at 12:16 PM.

In screenshots of message #108 I noticed Hadrian's Wall, but at myself I such don't observe. My established version Arthurian TW Raven Feeders 0.73A. Please, tell me, there should be Hadrian's Wall?

@Svartalf: No. In ATW there is no Hadrian's Wall. Its being added by GRANTO for the Alexander version he is working on

Thanks, with impatience I will wait!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

hallo granto
    this project is ongoing?

very much so , it is only me that works on it and the work comes in phases , my next push should will see a beta release with dyfient campaign, i can also say that the battle ai is performing very well and hard to beat {if you played my version of oim you will know what that means}
    Last edited by GRANTO; October 16, 2012 at 06:34 AM.

update ....ARTHUR ALEXANDER will contain ai battle scripting adapted from mtw2 kingdoms 'REALLY BAD AI' thanks to germanicu5 for allowing me to use parts of his script work which i have found and made work on the rome engines , i am still learning about this script but i can say that battle ai results are very very good indeed.

Just amazing. Can't wait.

that's fascinating. hopefully everything works out since I do recall that it created some problems even in MTW2 for some reinforcement battles etc though.

edit: by the way, for the animations I am almost finished a new pack in which several things are tweaked. will get that to you and if you can get me the DMB you have for this I can implement it properly.
    Last edited by z3n; October 19, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

hi resef, i believe as of yesterday the reinforcement bug is fixed in rbai 5.7,i never had any problems with it so far , there are parts of the script that the rome engine cannot read and im still looking at it all but theres defo great benefits and germanicu5 seems keen {through time} to do a 'rbai' rome version, im still working on oim at the moment but im due for another big push at 'AA' soon i will contact you then about the animations ..sounds good ,cheers

yeah..just saw this thread..http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post12108626..so you just implemented the script as is straight from his original and no tweaking needs be involved to see results?
    The AI Workshop Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    yeah..just saw this thread..http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post12108626..so you just implemented the script as is straight from his original and no tweaking needs be involved to see results?
    yes but stats and formations are playing a big part , also this scripting was set out for medieval warfare so i have and am in the process of changing a few things and learning how all this works , it may not give the desired results but you could try it on any mod{parts of the script dont work mtw2 engine commands} , im not a great scripter ...but im a great learner...i think in the future germanicu5 will make a 'Realy Bad Ai' for the rtw mods.......hopefully
    Last edited by GRANTO; October 22, 2012 at 07:22 PM.

I find stats have a much bigger impact than formations,though formations are a part of it.. I hope he does, since I am sure he knows which commands are allowed in RTW and which arent. I have a basic,half decent half not knowledge of scripting and from what I see some of the commands arent recognized since they refer to files that RTW doesnt even have among some things...I imagine that the commands to activate run or walk or even possibly shieldwall (hmmmm...) in situations would work I am seeing a lot of possibilities but probably not good to get hopes up to high lol!
    The AI Workshop Creator

UPDATE....so yeah im back working on 'AA' my plan now is to get a release , i am working now to release a tweaked up version of 'Raven Feeders' in the 'Arthur Alexander' enviroment ...
    this will allow players to play any faction they choose ...and for the player to take in all the changes i have made ..
    whilst i focus on the single campaigns ..the release will contain everything i have worked on and added to atw including ..
    .animations {resef very good anims}and rs2} total reworking of the map enviroments, 'realy bad ai' from kingdoms , parts of the rs2 engine working mechanics ,
    face pack, mtw1{pics} and mtw2 stuff and lots lots more ...so this is the plan ,
    the release will NOT be mod foldered as it is a work in progress and it will be for alex exe only{player can alter to bi at preference} ...
    it will be an open beta to gain feedback to move forward and to let players see how much atw has evolved in this sub-mod ,its getting closer............
    ps... those faces in the pics are only test pics that i have permision to use {i will use some of them } i believe they come from kingdoms stainless steel but most of the faces in 'AA' will be from joar.....
    pps......in the meantime i recommend this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum....php?f=1453new version is due for release any day now
    Last edited by GRANTO; November 15, 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Wow that sounds really good and man has it evolved. Seems like ATW2...

Revisiting the generals, try setting stat_fire_delay large values (approx and in the minus range(-100000) - (-450000). I think you already fixed the charge parameter but I suggest something of 200-300 (if you have experimented and found a better one keep that and tell me! ).

>>edit
    I have several other notes on charge parameters and the stat_fire_delay value, (stat_fire_delay is something of a bad description, it seems to be more of a trigger for state switching between primary projectile weapons and secondary melee weapons), for all unit types also if you are interested
    Last edited by z3n; November 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

yes very interested in that resef can you pm me a in depth lowdown on what you think about all that and your findings , also about the animations for all units {anims is not one of my stronger points} cheers ...and yes it has evolved niceley , releasing a tweaked raven feeders into the 'AA' world is a good way to let everybody play and help me take it forward

added wolfhounds to the roster these will be avalaible for all factions at probably second level ,theres something undeniably good about setting the hounds loose on the fleeing enemy and they are very fitting of the dark age warlord image,also fixed artilary weapon handlers from vanilla roman crew to dim{looks much better} im gonna re-work the artilary weapons for better models and add the rs2 fire and projectile movement{also may add more seige weapons} ....then some faces to fix ..then some music to remix...then release
    Last edited by GRANTO; November 21, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just when I thought you couldn't be any more awesome I found this. Keep up the good work!