Thread: Missing in Action or maybe not...

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

Default Missing in Action or maybe not...

Just start playing with Scots and noticed the mailed knights and foot knights are in custom battles but don't seem to see those buggers anywhere... Do they appear sometime in the game or do you have to tech up. I tried to find them in building browser and seem to be missing all higher tier cav units for the scots with their dismounted counterparts except for calivernmen. Should I reinstall etc...oh and I disabled the Real Recruit thing as wel. Any help would be much gracious. Thank you.

Default Re: Missing in Action or maybe not...

As you could disable RR this means that you haven't installed the fixes - this is highly recommended.
    As for RR off read http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...01#post8299301 and following.
    Installing the NW submod should restore any units currently missing.

Content Emeritus

So that means with the RR the 'missing units' will come about during play or not? I mean I can do RR just didn't know if that was the way of it or not?

Content Emeritus

OK, let me add to my question now since I'm on about turn 15. Do the Scots ever get Pikemen, Mailed Knights (foot and mounted)? I am playing with RR and like the system...just seems that is the way it is. I also installed the fixes as you said 'bane.' Any help would be marvelous.

I think your problem is that it's only Turn 15 and you haven't upgraded your Castles and Buildings enough.
    I'm currently playing as England, and after hammering the Scots the Pope went medieval on my ass and booted me out of the God club. Next thing I know, I have dirty foreigners landing on my shores from wierd and far-flung countries. - Sargon_of_Akkad

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Old Dragoon♔ View Post
    OK, let me add to my question now since I'm on about turn 15. Do the Scots ever get Pikemen, Mailed Knights (foot and mounted)? I am playing with RR and like the system...just seems that is the way it is. I also installed the fixes as you said 'bane.' Any help would be marvelous.
    recruit_pool "Mailed Knights" 1 0.066 1 0 requires factions { milan, venice, scotland, } and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1
    So the Scots get mailed knights (from their castles, not stables)
    They don't, however, get regular pikemen. They do get Scots Pike Militia, Noble Pikemen, Highland Pikemen, and Heavy Pike Militia.

That was a good movie...

I'm using the term "good" very loosely...

Content Emeritus

@Meneth, Thanks old boy found them in export descript buildings, but they are still not in my game. I have teched up enough to have them. Are they an early unit as it appears they don't have a spawn trigger so my question is why would they go missing?

@Meneth, Thanks old boy found them in export descript buildings, but they are still not in my game. I have teched up enough to have them. Are they an early unit as it appears they don't have a spawn trigger so my question is why would they go missing?
    Did you start a new campaign after installing the Fixes? If not, that's why they're not there, as disableRR is still in effect, and completely disabling some units (amongst them, mailed knights)

Selfquote...
    Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    As you could disable RR this means that you haven't installed the fixes - this is highly recommended.
    As for RR off read http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...01#post8299301 and following.
    Installing the NW submod should restore any units currently missing.
    Please check up on that piece of info I linked as it will resolve this issue, thanks.

Content Emeritus

Gentlemen, I did all that...I found the issue...I think...hehe. I have been playing Late Era. I reinstalled 6.3 with the fix thing. Decided to look at Early Era and bingo they are there. So must not be available in the start of Late Era eh? So, I'm going to try Early Era and see how that goes.

You're playing late era? Why didn't you say so? Late era starts with heavy mail, meaning mailed knights aren't available.

Cause he didn't realize it until now.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    You're playing late era? Why didn't you say so? Late era starts with heavy mail, meaning mailed knights aren't available.
    I didn't think it mattered since they have the same line up of troops pretty much at the start. It's been a long time since I played SS, and didn't realize all the changes. Anyways, sorry for not mentioning it earlier.

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

I didn't think it mattered since they have the same line up of troops pretty much at the start. It's been a long time since I played SS, and didn't realize all the changes. Anyways, sorry for not mentioning it earlier.
    Yup, your problem is that your Knights refuse to use Antiquated armor, and are now using Feudal Stuff. Hahaha