Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teutonic Order's Royal Family for 6.4

Default Teutonic Order's Royal Family for 6.4

aka T.O.R.F.

This submod for 6.4 changes the teutonic order into a normal faction with a royal family. Note that this is intended for late campaign only at the moment.
    It is extremely ahistorical and will in all likelyhood never be integrated as a standard component but remain optional for non-purists.

It is aimed at everyone that always wanted to play the Teutonic Order but didn't want to miss out on having a family tree and everything that goes along with it like the education system, princesses and coming of age events.

To convert the Teutonic Order into a royal family

1. Download the attached file and extract it on your desktop
    2. Place the txt in Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.4\data\campaign\sub
    3. Run Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.4\SS_setup.exe
    4. Select late era, Teutonic Order's Royal Family and any other submod you wish to use.

Preview

and go forth and raise an ahistorical dynasty to rain down havoc onto medieval history

Compatibility:
    Standard (vanilla) 6.4, everything else is untested as of yet.
    Not savegame-compatible, a new campaign is needed.
    If your ss_setup generates errors report your submod config here.
    Then simply rerun ss_setup without selecting this submod and wait for the fix

Tyrael.'s Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Teutonic Order's Royal Family for 6.4

nice, this'll help a lot of people

Nice always wanted that

Justinikus the Adamant's Avatar Laetus

You did a nice job. Ive dredged up my Medieval 2 and finally figured out how to play it. I had so many games over the last few years i never took the time until now, and ive noticed alot of mods and alot of enthusiasm towards the game, i love it now that i figured out some of the mechanics and developed some patience. Anyhow, i love the Teutonic Order, well their design, the whole gettup, i would love to replace the Russians in the first game with them... is there a way to replace factions from kingdoms to the original campaign? I just want to reign terror on Europe with Christ Knights.... i just have to have battle hardened badasses with HORNS on their mailed armor and priests who kick more ass than a spearman!!!

Foederatus

Thanks alot, been looking for something like this for some time
    "The fox knows many tricks;
    The hedgehog one good one."
    - Archilochus

I will start working on this again shortly, so if you have any additional suggestions just post away

Quote Originally Posted by bɑne View Post
    I will start working on this again shortly, so if you have any additional suggestions just post away
    Bane glad you bumped this thread. I started a Teuton campaign & was frustrated w/ lack of fam tree, so now this is good & I will restart campaign w/ this MOD.

Keep up the great work.

BTW Bane I see you also have another MOD "Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4" are these 2 MODs compatible w/ each other?
    Last edited by TMSKILZ; July 24, 2011 at 12:22 PM.

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"
    ~ King of Poland, Jan III Sobieski

Will be but there currently is no release for the other mod. I'm swamped with work and regretably RLC is the most demanding of my projects.

Current plans for this one (in a plus version, so everyone that wants the basic idea without the extras can still get it):

• Have the TOs start of with custom bodyguard units. You can guess which cavalry unit that might be.
    • Have the family tree reinforced from time to time with historical commanders of the TO (again with those custom bg units)
    • A few ancillaries and traits for good measure

Can I ask for a early campaign with teutons please?

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

Are we talking alternative history (founded way earlier) teutons or timewarp (campaignstart at the founding date as horde) teutons?

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank, + Rep

I am talking about the posibility to start in early campaign with them. Before 6.4 I can make them playable. For the sake of gaming not historic acuracy, thing I love ussualy. But sometime I wish to play them in early.

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

I don't think this works with MSCS 6.0, the Priest and Spy characters for the TORF are conflicting with those in the strat.txt file and replacing the data for those characters in one with the data from the other does not seem to work.

Ok, this is rather surprising. If MSC doesn't have characters
    Heidenrich, spy, male, age 23, x 232, y 249
    traits NaturalSpySkill 2

character Jan, priest, male, age 34, x 226, y 238
    traits NaturalPriestSkill 2 , GoodDenouncer 2 , PriestLevel 1
    for the TO then what are the entries actually present in the msc descr_strat? There isn't really a need to adapt those... not for Live Long and Prosper or anything else.
    Edit:
    Oh nevermind, it most likely is the "trailing white-spaces" cleanup done by Meneth. Make sure to copy paste the lines including the " " add the end and it should work. Or remove them from my submod .txt.

It works now, I did as you said and copy-pasted the lines, although only the grandmaster shows up in the family tree. But that just makes it better I guess, get to make my own line of Grandmasters now.

If it helps there is a high likelyhood that your other generals will be adopted to the family tree once they fought in combat.

Eldorien88's Avatar Miles

Very nice Bane!
    I think a lot of people wanted this to happen!
    Curently playing with Byzantium and this mod makes me
    want to start again with Teutons.........
    "For Our Part.. We Dreamed of Something Great.."

I'm having a problem. When I marry the "Grand Master" to a foreign princess it screws up my family tree. In the family tree tab it says that my king is the Father of the princess. Also at the start of the game only the Grand Master is on the family tree. Not the Councilor

And i'm getting an error when after I choose my choices in the setup

Error while processing TeutonicRoyalFamily.txt

File data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt
    Does not contain
    Character Heidenreich, spy, male , age 23, x 232 , y 249
    traits NaturalSpySkill 2

character Jan , priest , male , age 34, x 226, y 238
    traits NaturalPriestSkill 2, GoodDenouncer 2 , PriestLevel 1

Operation aborted

I checked the descr strat file and I saw those two characters so I am confused. I then tried removing those two characters from your submod text and the error still popped up.

Also when the Grandmaster died the counciler that wasn't on the family tree became the Grandmaster and there were no record of the last Grandmaster on the family tree.
    Last edited by Tamazoid; August 23, 2011 at 05:49 AM.

Yes I am

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast