Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARCHERS - FLAMES

Default ARCHERS - FLAMES

Hi there, do archers have the flame arrow option in this mod? I only ask; as playing romani and the Toxotai do not have the flame arrow option (which it has in EB).

Default Re: ARCHERS - FLAMES

I don't think so, and it's for the better. It was rather silly and not terribly useful in RTW/EB.

Dudes, why are there no Marian Legionaries in EB2???? BTW this mod rules!!!!

Senator

Because the mod is not final and there are a lot of units that aren't ready.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Ah, i quite liked the flame arrows too and watching units burn. Whilst were talking about archers and arrows, i noticed a lot of arrows in the ground too when targeting enemy units. I guess this has been picked up and will be addressed in the next release?

When would be the next release? Damn I miss those eye candy Roman Legions, and the Silver Shields..

Senator

, i noticed a lot of arrows in the ground too when targeting enemy units.
    Do you mean the permanent arrows in the ground?That's not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Do you mean the permanent arrows in the ground?That's not a bug.
    Indeed, it's a graphical "feature" that can be turned on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Indeed, it's a graphical "feature" that can be turned on or off.
    So how does one turn the "feature" on or off?

Senator

I have bo clue but I will google it-....so I will be back in a few minutes or hours
    Last edited by Sint; October 30, 2014 at 01:01 PM.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Flaming arrows need to be an option for archers. I liked the fact that basic toxotai, etc didnt' have them but after playing many hours and finding many elite archer units, I'm chalking it up to a bug/mistake that none so far have the ability to set an arrow alight -- not a modern invention.

Why do they need to be an option for archers?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Why do they need to be an option for archers?
    Why on earth would they not be? I can understand not enabling flaming arrows for every man with a bow, but having none is simply an oversight. There are no greek fire pots or anything else of more uncommon (but not rare either) historical interest that could be employed by the player for deeper tactical experiences. Perhaps flaming arrows can set some seige equipment alight? Or frighten some elephants away. Or simply adorn the night with pretty colors accompanied by a few truncated screams of terror. Some naptha/greek fire armed units might turn the tide of a close siege by using their dangerous little pots, or they may end up sabotaging the player by routing a nearby friendly unit... or burning his own siege artillery (of which there is also too little)...

As a bonus, all of this is already ready-made within the engine. Not using built-in features that can deepen gameplay is bizarre. We're not talking about including cannons.

Flaming arrows weren't used in field battles, and their presence just gives the player an advantage over the AI, which will use them at night automatically, even though it's stupid to do so. Does the AI even use them against siege engines? Which should be very hard to set on fire anyway. I see no problem with removing fire arrows.

An excessively extremist position to which I do not subscribe, nor do most players. However, I prefer a nuanced approach that allows for some variety (and fun) without venturing into Hollywood territory where every poor man with a bow can fire flaming arrows.

Yes the AI uses flaming arrows against siege equipment and can really burn up the player's attempts as much as the player can (rightly and historically) wield the same tactic.

Nor do most players? Maybe fans of other mods. I'm not exactly sure fans of EB are in majority suckers for flaming arrows.

Indeed, I don't see any realistic value in them outside of sieges, and even then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    An excessively extremist position to which I do not subscribe, nor do most players. However, I prefer a nuanced approach that allows for some variety (and fun) without venturing into Hollywood territory where every poor man with a bow can fire flaming arrows.

Yes the AI uses flaming arrows against siege equipment and can really burn up the player's attempts as much as the player can (rightly and historically) wield the same tactic.
    If you feel strongly about their inclusion, you can make a submod to fit your tastes.

Giving towers flaming arrows is enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast