Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let's all vent about EBII!

Default Let's all vent about EBII!

Are the new units WIP ? They look far less polished and detailed that previous EB units.

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Where is Gustave ? No new units from him since November.
    Are the new units going to be improved ? The lack of detail on tunics, helmets, hair is disappointing.

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Neuchatel View Post
    Where is Gustave ? No new units from him since November.
    Are the new units going to be improved ? The lack of detail on tunics, helmets, hair is disappointing.
    I left the team due to *disagreements* with the current leader.
    Last edited by gustave; March 07, 2018 at 08:15 AM.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by gustave View Post
    Note that some of the latest units, while marked as "textured by marble emperor" are actually mostly composed of textures I made. Cheap assembly with quick-and-dirty normal map on top of it. But giving credit was probably too hard.
    is there no way you guys can sort out your problems? It‘s not like this mod has an abundance of manpower and i thought your stuff was always the best especially the awesome shields

Note that some of the latest units, while marked as "textured by marble emperor" are actually mostly composed of textures I made. Cheap assembly with quick-and-dirty normal map on top of it. But giving credit was probably too hard.
    That's a shame. Especially when it's due to hardworking people like you that EB2 isn't reduced to vaporware.

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    is there no way you guys can sort out your problems? It‘s not like this mod has an abundance of manpower and i thought your stuff was always the best especially the awesome shields
    I second that motion. Much as I like drama and all that, this mod's too important. Let's have a "trial", if necessary.

I‘m really distraught by this, to be frank. I looked back through the twitter feed and the number of times gustave gets credited there is overwhelming. From awesome stuff like the reworked Sacred Band to shield and building textures losing such awesome tallent would be terrible. Pls for the love of the Muses work out some compromise or something pls don‘t let drama kill of much needed artists

Indeed, gustave made some pretty awesome units.

We wan`t Gustave back.
    We wan`t Gustave back!

Please bury your greivances -

Post here if you agree.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Yeah I second that notion, if not only to show that his work is awesome, not knowing any of the behind the scenes stuff.

Noooooo. Why? Why? I hope you can work it our...

Btw I thought there is no mod leader in Eb but "council".
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

Been looking back at the Twitter updates lately and the units gustave made textures for are phenomenal. Talents and manpower shouldn't be wasted, especially with a niche mod like EB, so I hope you guys can find some compromise

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Doesn't look like a compromise is coming soon, you guys. A shame, really, because Gustave was one of the best (and I do hope he comes back somehow). The real question is this: can the EBII team really afford to lose any more critical members to such squabbles? It's almost like a special forces unit suddenly having a crucial team member injured during an operation, like having your key sniper or demolitions expert shot in the stomach and dragged from the battlefront. At the very least the EBII team should draft someone who can produce as much quality work as the ever prolific Gustave.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post

Y'all mother ers need Zeus.

If you don't shape up and pray at the altar of Zeus like yo mamma taught you, you gonna walk outta here with three Greco-Roman sandals...the two on your feet, and ONE IN YO ASS, FOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Doesn't look like a compromise is coming soon, you guys. A shame, really, because Gustave was one of the best (and I do hope he comes back somehow). The real question is this: can the EBII team really afford to lose any more critical members to such squabbles? It's almost like a special forces unit suddenly having a crucial team member injured during an operation, like having your key sniper or demolitions expert shot in the stomach and dragged from the battlefront. At the very least the EBII team should draft someone who can produce as much quality work as the ever prolific Gustave.
    I don't want to lose hope. There is always a chance for compromise I just hope the 2 of them aren't too stubborn. I think EB 2 needs Gustave very badly. If you scroll through twitter you can see just how much stuff this guy has made. It's especially bad when they were looking for new 2d artist before already and lost their most active one

Can we have more details about this topic ?
    It's a shame for the mod.

A pity, but it's something that happens often with voluntary projects.

@Gustave, I wish you the best, and thank you for all the time and work you put into the mod.

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Rail93 View Post
    Noooooo. Why? Why? I hope you can work it our...

Btw I thought there is no mod leader in Eb but "council".
    Over time, thanks to his work QS has become the de facto leader. He’s a productive member, the problem is that he’s very bad at team working and treats other people’s work with little respect.

He has also shaped the mod to fit his personal vision, which is more of an AAR and roleplay support than the continuity of EB1. For people like me who worked 7+ years on it, that’s hard to accept.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Over time, thanks to his work QS has become the de facto leader. He’s a productive member, the problem is that he’s very bad at team working and treats other people’s work with little respect.

He has also shaped the mod to fit his personal vision, which is more of an AAR and roleplay support than the continuity of EB1. For people like me who worked 7+ years on it, that’s hard to accept.

There's role-playing now in 2.3? Did I miss something huge here? Are we just talking about the areas you have to conquer as certain factions and certain factions you have to kill off or something? I'm very confused by your statement.

Well that's sad, in my opinion modellers and texturers are the most important ones in modding because it's something that requires talent, I mean everyone can learn coding but art requires talent. Often mods die because modellers and texturers leave. I've made a really big total conversion mod for Mount & Blade Warband and it would be impossible without all the insane work of modellers and texturers.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast