Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The EBII Recruitment thread

jmrc's Avatar Civis

Default The EBII Recruitment thread

Greetings to all M2TW modders!

The Europa Barbarorum II project needs more talented modders to its ranks, so we're calling you! The skills that we have need are the following:

Modelers
    We ask for experienced modelers, even if not acquainted with the M2TW models and engine. No need to know about skinning. For this kind of work, we need someone willing to spend several hours per week, enough to produce 2 or 3 models per month.

Skinners
    We ask for experienced and talented skinners, capable of working under the tight scrutiny of our historians. The EB2 previews have shown many high quality skinning works, so if you think you can do them as well, then this job if for you. For this kind of work, we need someone willing to spend several hours per week, enough to produce at least 2 skins per month.

Scripters
    We need modders capable of coding the scripts that we need:
    - scripters for tackling the large amount of traits in EDCT and ancillaries in EDA
    - scripters for coding the buildings trees and complex recruitment options in EDB
    - scripters for coding the campaign_script, where all the historical accuracy of EB2 comes to life
    It is important to have modders with experience in the M2TW engine, for this assignment, specially for the traits, which are extremely complex. We need someone willing to spend several hours per week.

UI 2D artists
    We ask for talented 2D artists, who can work in the culture UIs. For this kind of work, we need someone willing to spend a few hours per week, enough to produce 1 or 2 UIs per month.

Historians
    Actually, this is not a modders "job position", but we have some areas of expertise that we want to reinforce.
    We need historians who have a good knowledge about the following regions: Bosphorus, Caucasus, Persian/Iranian Plateau and Eastern steppes. It's not necessary to have historians who know about gaming or modding or even TW games, but it's important that they have a good amount of spare time, because they will help shape up the cultural, historical and military aspects of the factions in those regions.

So, if you would like to join the Europa Barbarorum team and help producing EB2, then contact us in this thread or send a PM to QuintusSertorius or z3n, showing us some of your work and/or references to mods you've been envolved or documents you've written. This is an important part of the recruitment process because we always ask for your background knowledge. After that, we will get back to you ASAP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Link to old thread.
    Last edited by z3n; August 15, 2021 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Linking the old thread

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Default Re: The EBII Recruitment thread

Hey jmrc,

I would like to offer my campaign (and other) scripting skills. Currently I am the leader of the mod East of Rome therefore I could only work "part-time".

I have created several complex campaign_scripts so far (e.g. in East of Rome ) and I would love to work for the EB team as it was my favorite mod for RTW and will be one of my favorites in MTW2 I am sure.

I'd be interested in helping out with the EDCT and EDA. I have nothing that I showcase (having not worked elsewhere), other than that I can say I have a few years of fiddling the M2 Code for personal purposes, yet have only recently reinstalled the game.

Campidoctor

Woo! Two candidates already, expect some PMs soon

if you need a historian on anything greek or roman you can always ask me, i may be a high schooler but im a big roman and greek fan.
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

You didn't forget about me did you?

Campidoctor

No we haven't, we want you to work on recruitment but we are waiting for one of our team to finish off a tool which will make you job much easier. I've got work soon but I'll try to PM you about it all tonight.

Kaad's Avatar Laetus

If tyou need also help to finish the mod, I'm here. I'm good with script and I love history.

I would like to help.
    Im not the expierienced skinner, but it would not be the first time for me. Also, i think I'm able to do some research, since i'm studiing history, and in the moment, ancient history, and i think i know a lot about it, or, at least (or in the worst case), know where i can find the books of the guys who know alot about it.

Campidoctor

Do you have any examples of skins for us to take a look at?

I did the skins for a frisian faction in a Holy Roman Empire mod about two years ago, but the mod project died, and since i have no of the skins i made on my pc anymore, i'm afraid i have no examples to show you. But you could just give me a single skin as a test. if you're not happy with my work, than just forget about it, if you are, i would be glad to help.

and... excuse my english, long time not practiced it.

L0N3W07F's Avatar Libertus

I, on the other hand, have plenty of practice in English, and although you have not yet asked for an editor to my knowledge, I would happily offer my services (if you will pardon my corny introduction ).

Concerning my credentials, I am a Bachelor of Arts in History, Magna cum Laude, from an American university, and I have had a great interest in Hellenistic and Roman history for well over a decade, which has led to at least an equally great amount of reading on my own time apart from what was required by my instructors, so I am very familiar with both the history of the period and the conventions of formal writing. Apart from my major in history, I completed a triple-minor in English (with a focus on composition), Political Science, and Classics (which focuses on classical literature and culture).

As to the purpose of adding an editor to the team, my reasons are simple. While playing the original Europa Barbarorum (Version 1.2), I noticed that many of the unit descriptions, building descriptions, historical announcements, character traits, etc. contained distracting typographical or grammatical errors, while a very small number of them even had historical errors (such as the biography of Pyrrhos Aiakides--he came to Asia with Demetrios to aid Antigonos Monophthalmos, not Antiochos, and neither of these men was truly King of Macedonia at the time, though the former had claimed the title). Of course, if historical proofing by a newcomer is not to your taste, I would be happy to simply flag what I deem to be possible historical errors and have a more senior member of the team look at them to make the final decisions. At any rate, based upon the hard work and attention to detail that you have clearly put into so many aspects of the mod, I think that you will agree with me that every effort that can be made to polish and perfect this product even in aesthetics is well worthwhile.

So with that, I would offer you my sword, but which is mightier? I offer you my pen!

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

UI 2D artists
    We ask for talented 2D artists, who can work in the culture UIs. For this kind of work, we need someone willing to spend a few hours per week, enough to produce 1 or 2 UIs per month.
    Hello
    i can to be the UI maker for EB II.
    send me a private massage and i will show you some of my work.
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

If you guys need help with any historical questions, I could help. I'm currently a history major and trying to get into underwater ARCH. I can help you guys now, but I don't know how busy ill be after the next semester starts in Aug.

Marcello1's Avatar Laetus

Hello. I was discussing with bobbin in another thread about helping out the EB team. I think i can do some pretty decent modeling work, and I would be glad to get to participate. Right now I'm working on maya and mudbox to create some samples of what i can do, which i'll make sure to send as soon as they're done, if you decide to contact me. I have no previous experience with modeling for games and im not familiar with how things work in M2TW atm. But i believe that it wouldn't take long to learn what I'd need to know about the game engine etc. I've got some questions though (which might or might not be dumb, as stated before im not familiar with how M2TW works or with EB team's work division):
    - Does creating normal maps fall under modeler's work or skinner's work? So in practice, does a modeler simply create a high resolution mesh and pass it on to a skinner?
    - Does M2TW include templates for human body, or for example a horse? Not a problem if it doesn't, just interested.

I would love to participate.
    Last edited by Marcello1; July 15, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

Campidoctor

Great to hear that Marcello! PM me some images of your finished model when you are done and I'll pass them on to the rest of the team.

As for your questions
    1. It really depends on how the modeler feels, some times it happens but not often. Most of the time though, the skinner makes the normal maps from their textures using a converter, this is because the sheer number of units we have to make means it isn't very practical to make a high res model for each unit.
    2. We have our own templates that we use as a basis for our units, if you like I can send some so you can get an idea of how they are put together.

Modeling for M2TW isn't that hard, you have to keep a few things in mind regarding how the model is divided up and how it is weighted but that is about it. You won't need to learn how to put your model into the game, that will be done by someone else, like me or JMRC for example.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

do u want a historian for the greeks coz i am a greek and i think i can help u but i can help you in the greek words such as it is in eb1 where i press the phalanx formation button and said something in greek but i do not remember it
    Last edited by Jordanketc; July 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Campidoctor

That last bit of your post didn't make any sense I'm afraid.

Being a Greek is not proof of being a good Greek Historian, we need more information than that.

Marcello1's Avatar Laetus

I think what he's trying to say is that he could help with the greek language (e.g. battle map speech ) for the Greek factions. I think the last part of his post was simply referring to what a phalanx unit will say when ordered to move into phalanx formation, as an example of all the things you'll hear the soldiers say in battle.

Campidoctor

The Greek voice mod is is fine AFAIK, some people (quite a lot actually) think its wrong because they assume that modern Greek is the same as that in use in EB's time.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast