Page 98 of 306 FirstFirst ... 4873888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108123148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 6104

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: How do you activate the console in this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    dunno about the descr_shortcuts but you can try look into the "default.cfg" file (located inside the SS6.3 folder), open it and make sure this line "disable_console = 0" is in there
    No I don't have that line. Where do I place it? Under Game?

Icon9 Game crashes everytime I try to load a savegame.

Also, I'm having another issue. My game crashes everytime I try to load any of my five savefiles. It loads them, and when it's about to open, it crashes. Sometimes I can even hear the campaign music start but it just crashes. So I'm assuming this 200+ turn campaign is gone I suppose. I mean, I quit playing medieval 2 mods because all of them do this after some point. Endless crashes or corrupted saves.

But, I'd figure I try and see if there is anything that can be done about this.

Medieval 2 Steam version
    UAC is OFF
    I'm using a submod that turns the Faction names to English.

Here is the System.log

system.log.rar

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

SSHIP's pretty stable compare to many other mods (with all modesty). It might be related to something else. Can you tell me which era you're playing with which faction?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Game crashes everytime I try to load a savegame.

Quote Originally Posted by Pherion View Post
    Also, I'm having another issue. My game crashes everytime I try to load any of my five savefiles. It loads them, and when it's about to open, it crashes. Sometimes I can even hear the campaign music start but it just crashes. So I'm assuming this 200+ turn campaign is gone I suppose. I mean, I quit playing medieval 2 mods because all of them do this after some point. Endless crashes or corrupted saves.

But, I'd figure I try and see if there is anything that can be done about this.

Medieval 2 Steam version
    UAC is OFF
    I'm using a submod that turns the Faction names to English.

Here is the System.log

system.log.rar
    My experience is as follows:
    - SSHIP's been the most stable mod I've played - no crashes, no corrupted saves.
    - a few months ago I've experienced one corrupted save in Europa Barbarorum II, going back 5 saves or so. This was very new to my, I hadn't seen nothing like this in the other mods, but it is similar to your experience. Anyway, I have a save after each turn so it turned out that the older saves were not corrupted.
    - I've tried Titanium recently and I had so many crashes that it seems unplayable,
    - I've checked with the other mods (BftB, BGRIV) and surprisingly, I've also experienced similar crashes as well.
    However, I'm using Windows 10 and my conclusion as well as tmodelsk and User2Broz were that Microsoft changed something in Win 10.

I'm playing Early Era Campaign as Portugal. And I do use multiple save files, but here is the thing, some 100 turns ago, I had a corrupted save, because everytime I ended the turn with that save, I would get a CTD, but fortunately I had other save files and was able to continue, but now all of my save files crash! They don't open.

I also know for a fact that I never finished a SS6.4 Campaign, because at some point the saves just all get corrupted. It will reach a point where the game just starts crashing everytime I end the turn.

And yes I agree, EB2 has only once given me a corrupted save file. But apparently SSHIP just screwed up all of my save files in one go....

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Seriously, enable the console in the next release, or atleast add that file in or something.
    On English keyboards it's the top left key, next to the numerical 1, called tilde ~
    Otherwise check this tutorial to set the key yourself or simply to check which one it is.

And yes I agree, EB2 has only once given me a corrupted save file. But apparently SSHIP just screwed up all of my save files in one go....
    That usually happens if you updated\patched the mod. There are a number of files, notably in the world folder, that are not save game compatible. Normally a note to that effect is posted with a patch release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    Game crashes every time I try to siege one city as Georgia.
    I'm having a similar issue, but with multiple sieges. I'm playing as Georgia, and have sieges on Baku and the settlement north of Baku (no idea anymore what it's called), and if I enter the siege battle, I get a CTD on the battle loading screen. On the siege north of Baku I have an army of only 2 crossbow militia + 2 Armenian archers, against a defending force of one bodyguard unit. I thought maybe this was the problem, that the makeup was screwing things up somehow, but I just did some troubleshooting by entering the siege battle at Baku and had the same sort of CTD (during loading screen into battle), and that battle is between a mixed attacking army of roughly 10 units and a similar defending force. I have also entered some open field battles without issues, and have sieged Qaliqala with the defense force sallying out, and that battle worked fine too. All battles can be auto-resolved without issue as well, in case that info helps for troubleshooting.

Another small note, I am not generating an error log, so I don't have anything helpful to post. In the main M2TW log folder there is nothing, and there is a log in the SS main folder, but it has only one line.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    20:48:48.608 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2

The cfg is not set to trace, only to error, but I know from EBII that having set to trace can make the log massive (seriously, I had one over 500 MB before), which makes it less useful, and also makes it eat through the memory quickly.

Sorry there is not more helpful info, but that's all I got. Any tips or ideas? The mod is beautiful and I'm having loads of fun, but I can't continue without being able to conduct sieges myself, cause I like using somewhat tricky tactics to get the most out of my troops, which is somewhat dampened if I just auto-resolve every siege.

EDIT: In an effort to be helpful I did some troubleshooting just now by starting a campaign as Qipchaq's and running an army down to Bab al-Bwab (the city just north of Baku that was also causing a CTD when I sieged it as Georgia). I first sieged it with a small army, to get the defender's to sally out, and there were no problems there (battle loaded fine, I could fight it, it returned to strat map, no problems). I then sieged it again with more troops, this time engaging them in my turn (i.e. they did not sally out, I entered the battle), and again, no problems. It seems like the problem then really is with Georgia, and not with the settlements or anything like that. That's the most useful info I have right now. Let me know if there is any other troubleshooting you'd like me to do on my end.
    Last edited by Kilo11; October 18, 2017 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Added info
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Blog Entries

Even if it will give you a quite important log, I recommend to set it to trace.
    For memory (thanks to Gigantus):
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    General = Due to a drain on resources the log has been set to 'error' - the lowest setting. To find errors that do not leave a comprehensive message, kindly set your log to 'trace' and then compress and attach the error log after a crash. Proceed as follows:

1. Set the log to trace = open Configuration.cfg (in the Three Kingdoms main folder) with Notepad. In the [log] section, remove the hash ( # ) in front of the trace line and add a hash in front of the error line, save. The log will become rather big, but compressing will reduce it to approximately 5-10% of it's original size
    2. Run the mod again until it crashes
    3. Find the log = it will be in the ...\Medieval II Total War\logs folder
    4. Submit the log = compress the log with a utility like 7Zip and then attach it or upload to a service provider and copy the link in your post
    5. Add a description to your post about what happened (crash to menu, crash to desktop, freeze etc) and when it happened (game start, clicking on an object, when saving etc)

Note: Sometimes the log does not get written in which case even the log folder will not exist. Repeat the crash and check again.

Code:
    [log] 
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt 
    level = * trace
    #level = * error
    Meanwhile, can you post the exact composition of the Georgian army each time you got the CTD? I don't think that this is due to a specific unit but it would cost nothing to check.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Alright, I just ran two separate tests, to get you the crash from my seige on Bab al-Abwab and the crash from my siege on Baku. Below are the two error logs, and I'll also tell you what the armies look like.

Siege on Bab al-Abwab:
    Attacking
    2 Armenian Azat Archers
    2 Urban Crossbow Militia
    Defending
    1 General's Bodyguard (named: Afridun Shirvanash)
    Attachment 348918

Siege on Baku:
    Attacking
    1 General's Bodyguard (named: Giorgi Bagrationi)
    1 Monaspa Lancers
    1 Aldari Druzhina (Alani)
    1 Steppe Kazaks
    5 Kartlian Spearmen
    1 Tadzreuli Swordsmen
    Defending
    1 General's Bodyguard (named: Manuchihr Shirvanash)
    4 Ahdath Militia
    2 Ahdath Archers
    2 Fari Lancers
    1 Fari Foot Archers
    Attachment 348919

Hope that all the info is helpful.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Blog Entries

I'll have a look at them. Thanks for that

Very minor issue but I cannot change the name of the settlement known as Qaliqala in the Armenian Highlands. The text 'Minor City' sits all the way over to the right, over the 'click right' button and nothing happens when you click where the name should be. Just wanted to change its name to Theodosiopolis. There are no issues with the text headers for the other settlement cards.Not sure if its just me or if anyone else has had this issue. Don't really want to go through 98 pages to see if its been posted before! Thanks for the great mod btw.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Blog Entries

It hasn't been posted before as far as I remember
    I'm not sure to get it right. Can you post a pic of that issue? Thanks.

**The name appears normal on the campaign map btw.
    Last edited by Justinian Australis; October 22, 2017 at 04:38 PM.
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Blog Entries

I just checked with my Bare Geomod setup and was able to get the flashing cursor when clicking on the vertical line before the settlement size writing. Maybe try that?

Could be an issue with the formatting or use of special characters in the name or the custom font itself. Rename the data\fonts folder, then go into the game and try renaming again. Once successful reverse the folder renaming.

Edit: I remember redoing that font to accommodate special characters, but not sure if it was for SSHIP.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 24, 2017 at 11:14 PM.

Blog Entries

You did it Gig. It's in the Mini-Mods section (here) and will be included in next release

Blog Entries

Ah thanks, old man and all that. Updated the pic while I was at it.

I just came back to say that for some bizzare reason, I was able to properly change the settlements name the following day after posting this. I have no idea what I may have done to do it but its all good now. Cheers!
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I posted my CTD, and I was just wondering if there has been any progress on figuring it out, or if I should just start over with a new faction and see what happens?

To be totally clear though, I really am just checking up on it, no pressure. Thanks guys, and keep up the good work!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Blog Entries

You have an excessively long path to the game files. That can lead to problems, especially when looking up battle model attachment files, in fact the log is using placeholders instead of the full path because of that length. Could you tell me what the full blue path is?

../../Game Files/M2TW - Stainless Steel/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/northern_captain_early/textures/late_northern_captain_normal.texture

Both your logs end with the above line which seems to support my assumption.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 26, 2017 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You have an excessively long path to the game files. That can lead to problems, especially when looking up battle model attachment files, in fact the log is using placeholders instead of the full path because of that length. Could you tell me what the full blue path is?

../../Game Files/M2TW - Stainless Steel/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/northern_captain_early/textures/late_northern_captain_normal.texture

Both your logs end with the above line which seems to support my assumption.
    Interesting, I would never in a million years think that having things one or two folders lower would cause a problem.

The full path is:
    D:\Game Files\M2TW - Stainless Steel\SS6.3\...

But that is not really that long of a path. I mean, I have all my games installed on the second hard drive outside of programs (otherwise windows will screw it all up), and then they are just in one folder there, namely "Game Files". Is that a potential problem?
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources