Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Troop Icon Replacement Pack

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Troop Icon Replacement Pack

I'll get right on it

Icon14 Re: Troop Icon Replacement Pack

Quote Originally Posted by bla21 View Post
    Hey guys,I'm working on a little replacement pack for the roman icons. The icons are based directly of the units ingame. I prefer pics like that to the antique icons that we have now.The pack should be ready tomorrow or so. It may not seem like much, but it's actually alot of work. The basic procedure is that I take screenshots of the units ingame, then slice out the units in GIMP, add them to the right scale, remove the overlay masks und add a basic shadow effect. Took me 5 hours so far. Once I'm done with the romans (excluding siege engines) I'll add the files and also the source files in XCF format so this can be used by others if you'd like so. Maybe we could make this some sort of community mod to have all the factions replaced, which would be quite alot of work for a single person.Preview pic:http://s14.directupload.net/images/130909/a3fr55z9.jpg
    This is really great!!!

ergie's Avatar Libertus

I love them... Stock cards are ugly (from my pov, of course)+rep (if the forum allow me of course)

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Could you please link this to me. I had no idea there were alpha cards
    Blurry, but you can see what I meant.
    Last edited by Pnutmaster; September 09, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Ok here's the first release - I'm "posting" at pastebin again, dunno really why the forum doesn't like me. See this link for my post, download and screens: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dTYSwYmD

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Hey bla21 I pm'd you my email, but I'm not sure if it worked ( forum is really difficult for me ). Will try again, but perhaps you could try pm me ? I have a 1st pass bunch of screenshots for you to look at.CheersPS: Someone +rep'd me - I think he meant to rep you, lol.

Great ! waiting for relase of all nations !
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Awesome cards , thanks!

Icon14 Re: Troop Icon Replacement Pack

Quote Originally Posted by bla21 View Post
    Ok here's the first release - I'm "posting" at pastebin again, dunno really why the forum doesn't like me. See this link for my post, download and screens: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dTYSwYmD
    It's a masterpiece! I'm not playing R2 till it's fixed (I know it will take some time... but can't stand AI), but I'll surely use this mod. Only thing that doesn't fit perfectly is general picture... Isn't that Caesar from Rome series?

@AllThanks for the comments, Bento has made some nice screens on carthage so it'll be the next one coming up .@Mixxer5 Quite good eyes you have there, I thought nobody would notice :p. Yeah he's from the gallia scene in the beginning. Dunno but I've grown fond of the icon, maybe I could apply some cartoon shader to make him look less like a photo.

ergie's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    Hey bla21 I pm'd you my email, but I'm not sure if it worked ( forum is really difficult for me ). Will try again, but perhaps you could try pm me ? I have a 1st pass bunch of screenshots for you to look at.CheersPS: Someone +rep'd me - I think he meant to rep you, lol.
    I was that one. this forum hates me too lol.
    But i noticed it an voted bla21 one hour later....

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

This is a cool mod! A lot better than the vanilla cards. Looking forward to more factions.

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Better then default, keep going

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Those look very good! I will certainly use that in my game.

@bla21
    The formatting issue is something TWC is having right now, which is not the only issue. To get rid of the problem you need to disable the "WYSIWYG editor" from your account settings. I changed this for "my account" from the general settings:

@Ishan
    Ah ok, thanks will do that .

@All
    Thanks to Bentos prepared screens I could do some good work on carthage today. Just 3 units left and 4 siege engines. Once done I'll add the siege engines to rome, too. It's all the same stuff, anyway.

After that I'll take a break though. Too much repetive work. I'll add the source files and see if I can wrap up some YT tutorial or sth. to help others on the way.

thank you for improving the look of the Roman faction. It makes playing the game more pleasurable. Keep up the good work

Daizus's Avatar Foederatus

Very nice..... thx.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

nice job mate! Thanks

The unit cards panel should be minimized!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast