Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

I have been playing MOS since 1.0 and my turns have NEVER, I mean NEVER taken longer then MAX 30 seconds on my laptops, yeah....laptops...

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    I have been playing MOS since 1.0 and my turns have NEVER, I mean NEVER taken longer then MAX 30 seconds on my laptops, yeah....laptops...
    That's Awesome . I Play at my Computer but I have TATW + MOS on my laptop too I will try it there and see .

Matosh's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Matosh View Post
    Barketta castle is missing, its always north-west of Fornost but when i did fresh reinstall of M2TW/M2TWK and TATW 3.2 (MOS 1.41 > Cleaner.bat > Expanded Map & Enhanced Ancillaries > Cleaner.bat) its gone, before reinstall it was there. I have done multiple fresh reinstalls and its still missing and i didnt do redownload of TATW and MOS, im still using them when i did my first install of TATW & MOS and Barketta was there.
    *FIXED*

You have old laptop on my old PC with 1 core CPU 3,6 GHZ turns are very fast; on my laptop it takes 1 page in book to end it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eldain View Post
    You have old laptop on my old PC with 1 core CPU 3,6 GHZ turns are very fast; on my laptop it takes 1 page in book to end it ^^
    Hehe, is if the turn takes max 30 seconds (avarage 10-15 seconds) I have a old computer? I currently have the one of the fastest laptop on the market, 3,8Ghzx8, 680GTX SLi, 32GB RAM and 3x256GB SSDx3 Raid0. 10500 3Dmark11 points, which I condcider pretty for for being a laptop.

- Anyway, what is the deal with the council giving me missions to block ports when I play as Mordor? Dont they know that I cant build boats?

- And when Arnor have been re-united in turn 160 (AI is playing them) should we do anything then? Start a launcher or something to convert to the right names?

- What is the deal with the AI spawning militia troops? Gondor is having many many many full stacks of army, only consisting of militia troops (not really cool to fight).

- I hope some people put there will show more love to Mordor in the future, never tried a evil faction before yesterday and I have been playing all night! Hope for some new units or re-design texture or something, think the evil faction are not prioritized, only arnor, gondor and the people with the pointing ears.

-Thanks again for a good MOD, still hate the AI but its still fun! Also the console scripts seems to work which makes the game even more fun as Im a without control.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    On my new desktop, which I received just before the end of the year, end of turns are around 10 seconds, with the first turn being a few seconds longer.

As Ngugi says "I HAVE THE POWER!"
    10 seconds? Are you sure you didnt secretly optimize your game somehow?

I have an above average gfx card (but not high end) and 6 GB ram and I get just under 2 minutes.

whats your secret

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

- Anyway, what is the deal with the council giving me missions to block ports when I play as Mordor? Dont they know that I cant build boats?

- And when Arnor have been re-united in turn 160 (AI is playing them) should we do anything then? Start a launcher or something to convert to the right names?

- What is the deal with the AI spawning militia troops? Gondor is having many many many full stacks of army, only consisting of militia troops (not really cool to fight).
    -it's a bug from vanilla no way to turn it off has been found i'm afraid, you can blockade ports with armies by placing the army on the port icon on land ,may be of interest to you

-the Far launcher gives you a DOS box if im not mistaken with a choice FPoE or Arnor so yes anytime Arnor reforges (and you can be annoyed) save then launch the Far launcher the load the save

-Don't quote me on this cause im really not sure but i think it's something to do with recruitment priority , i think it's really only the garrison script that spams masses of elites
    Last edited by knight of meh; February 01, 2013 at 05:59 AM. Reason: typo's ... horrendous typo's

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    -Don't quote me on this cause im really not sure but i think it's something to do with recruitment priority , i think it's really only the garrison script that spams masses of elites
    So with the garrison script activated (spawn infantry when seigeing certan settlements) AI will spawn elite?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

a
    Hehe, is if the turn takes max 30 seconds (avarage 10-15 seconds)

- I hope some people put there will show more love to Mordor in the future, never tried a evil faction before yesterday and I have been playing all night! Hope for some new units or re-design texture or something, think the evil faction are not prioritized, only arnor, gondor and the people with the pointing ears.

-Thanks again for a good MOD, still hate the AI but its still fun! Also the console scripts seems to work which makes the game even more fun as Im a without control.
    1. You can block ports by placing any land unit on the port square. You also may be able to hire mercenary ships.
    2. Yes, save your game, exit, run the FARLauncher.bat file and reload your save game. Don't forget to switch it back after the end of the campaign.
    3. If you are referring to the units spawned in the settlements when under siege, this is controlled by the script. The primary purpose of the script is to prevent the AI from leaving the settlements completely empty, not necessarily to provide them with an adequate defense.
    4. I would like to see the evil factions provided with additional units as well, but that is beyond my scope at this time. If someone were to create some high quality (graphic) units that fit into the MOS theme, I would surely consider using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire88 View Post
    10 seconds? Are you sure you didnt secretly optimize your game somehow?

I have an above average gfx card (but not high end) and 6 GB ram and I get just under 2 minutes.

whats your secret
    Obtain the very latest CPU, motherboard and RAM from a top of the line vendor. In my case, Falcon Northwest, Mach V, with an Intel i7 3970X, overclocked (at factory) and liquid cooled.

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

I give up. I'll wait for the next MOS release, maybe that'll work. I've tried everything =/ disabling VAC, tried the full installer, tried the installer parts, re-installed M2TW and Kingdoms (and the patches ofc) and TATW 3.2 between every attempt, tried everything suggested in troubleshooting. Still getting the end turn at 7-8-ish crash with every faction. Sad, yet true. This still puzzles me. No one else seems to have had this particular issue, and I understand it's not an easily solved one at that. But apparently around turn 7-8 something happens in my particular game that just won't let me progress beyond turn 7-8 xD

This is the first issue ever to have risen in any TW-game mod that I've ever used which I haven't managed to resolve.

I even posted the crash log, and that didn't prove to show anything useful either, apart from some missing portraits. I am puzzled... I just can't manage to solve this issue. I'll stick to "vanilla" TATW for now and hope the issue is resolved with the next MOS release. But thanks for an, obviously, awesome mods. I did manage to squeeze some battles out of it, and I really loved it.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by BrodY; February 01, 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrodY View Post
    I give up. I'll wait for the next MOS release, maybe that'll work. I've tried everything =/ disabling VAC, tried the full installer, tried the installer parts, re-installed M2TW and Kingdoms (and the patches ofc) and TATW 3.2 between every attempt, tried everything suggested in troubleshooting. Still getting the end turn at 7-8-ish crash with every faction. Sad, yet true. This still puzzles me. No one else seems to have had this particular issue, and I understand it's not an easily solved one at that. But apparently around turn 7-8 something happens in my particular game that just won't let me progress beyond turn 7-8 xD

I even posted the crash log, and that didn't prove to show anything useful either, apart from some missing portraits. I am puzzled... I just can't manage to solve this issue. I'll stick to "vanilla" TATW for now and hope the issue is resolved with the next MOS release. But thanks for an, obviously, awesome mods. I did manage to squeeze some battles out of it, and I really loved it.

Keep up the good work!
    I am really sorry to hear that you were unable to get the mod to work. It seems that you have tried everything humanly possible and if Ngugi and Elvenkind were unable to get your problems solved then it is indeed a bleak prognosis.

I am working on the next release of MOS, and it will be the most expansive to date. I sincerely hope that with its release you will be able to install and play the mod. Thank you for your encouragement and recognition of all the hard work put into this mod by the entire team, users and technical support forum members.

Please visit the forum and will inform you when the next version is released.

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

I am really sorry to hear that you were unable to get the mod to work. It seems that you have tried everything humanly possible and if Ngugi and Elvenkind were unable to get your problems solved then it is indeed a bleak prognosis.

I am working on the next release of MOS, and it will be the most expansive to date. I sincerely hope that with its release you will be able to install and play the mod. Thank you for your encouragement and recognition of all the hard work put into this mod by the entire team, users and technical support forum members.

Please visit the forum and will inform you when the next version is released.
    Looking forward to it and hey! I rarely leave these grounds ;D
    What I'll miss most while I wait is the music xD the music submod you use isn't available anywhere. Or at least I can't seem to find it. When I tried to get it from the submod link in your list it just took me to a page describing it did not find any download links whatsoever ;D
    Last edited by BrodY; February 01, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrodY View Post
    Looking forward to it and hey! I rarely leave these grounds ;D
    What I'll miss most while I wait is the music xD the music submod you use isn't available anywhere. Or at least I can't seem to find it. When I tried to get it from the submod link in your list it just took me to a page describing it did not find any download links whatsoever ;D
    I suggest that you contact Ngugi, he handled all of the sounds and music, he may be able to assist you.

I am trying to turn off unit banners (the big middle flag on top of unit) in cfg but they wouldnt be turned off.. any other way to do it?

Also, sorry if I am posting here alot, if I am spamming tell me..

Default Wildmen Of Dunland

Wildmen Of Dunland
    Can anybody help me with this campaign im playing VH/VH but i always keep getting wiped out, their units suck but i like the challenge, any tips or strategy would be very helpful

/Merged by Ngugi
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 01, 2013 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire88 View Post
    I am trying to turn off unit banners (the big middle flag on top of unit) in cfg but they wouldnt be turned off.. any other way to do it?

Also, sorry if I am posting here alot, if I am spamming tell me..
    Not sure, but you may have to change the setting in medieval2.preference.cfg as well.
    (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.preference.cfg) default path

Thanks, its gone now.

Default Re: Wildmen Of Dunland

Quote Originally Posted by welshman90 View Post
    Can anybody help me with this campaign im playing VH/VH but i always keep getting wiped out, their units suck but i like the challenge, any tips or strategy would be very helpful
    I suggest that you specify a bit more about your current campaign. Like: which faction are you playing with, when exactly are you being wiped out, ...

This way, people will be able to help you out

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

My bad, should added that; as can be seen on his posts title he started a thread named "Wildmen Of Dunland "

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

I suggest that you contact Ngugi, he handled all of the sounds and music, he may be able to assist you.
    Added to questlist