Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Any historically accurate Shogun 2 mods?

But the link doesn't work for download!!

Default Is there a subMod where a heir can keep his unit picture when he becomes a Diamyo?

I dun really like the Shogun2 Diamyo unit card. Is there a way to make sure the heir does not take on his father's unit picture but instead kept his own. Eg: Takeda Shingen wears a red helmet on his unit card (at the campaign map) and when he dies, his heir, who becomes the Diamyo, changes to the same unit card that Shigen had. Is there a way to prevent it? As in I wan the heir to retain his own unit card when he becomes the Diamyo. Anyway to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Recruitable Generals

not compatible with radious mods

Kaiserina Kratos, for total compatibility, delete all the unused lines in the units_table. That way your mod won't mess with any other mod that say makes changes to bow ashigaru. Then it should work with mods like radious' mods

Oh I see. I could have worked with that but I do not have spare time do this now. I could work at it at a much later time but if someone would be so kind to do it for me, then go on.
    "I know you. I can see right through you. You're swearing now that one day you will destroy me. Remember, far better women than you have sworn to do the same. Come look at them now."
    -Atia

Well here you go, all cleaned up for you. In case anyone is interested, I can also make different kinds of generals (bow general, teppo general, and generals that aren't mounted)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you kugkings. +rep.
    "I know you. I can see right through you. You're swearing now that one day you will destroy me. Remember, far better women than you have sworn to do the same. Come look at them now."
    -Atia

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

I got the Shogun 2 Collection on Steam (includes Rise of the Samurai).

I'm not sure which overhaul to go with:
    1. DarthMod
    2. Radious
    3. S2R
    4. S2R+
    5. ???

What I'm looking for:

• mod has to be stable and working
    • properly balanced (more important than new stuff for the sake of new stuff)
    • working on current Steam version
    • more realism in battles
    • proper diplomacy
    • more realism in clan colors
    • standard units should be able to advance to being proper soldiers
    • elite units (samurai) should be elite soldiers
    • samurai shouldn't leave the battlefield

Thanks!

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Default Re: Any historically accurate Shogun 2 mods?

The Sekigahara Campaign.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Darthmod: have all you say except:

• elite units (samurai) should be elite soldiers
    • samurai shouldn't leave the battlefield

Radious is your second option, if you want more units. And forgot S2R and S2R+, they are broken.

Dustruction's Avatar Laetus

Darthmod is your best choice and if you use the launcher version you have many options (like removing the Horo from general units, removing the projectile trails, Historically accurate clan colors, etc.)

Darthmod is also very stable and you should experience very few crashes

Default Re: Is there a subMod where a heir can keep his unit picture when he becomes a Diamyo?

Anyone can help???

Default Monk sashimono mod!

I've been playing with the kick-ass monk clan of Echigo province! for some time now. I really like their monks! I use ACC and Darthmod so i figured i post this here...

I'm looking for a mod that removes the sashimonos on monks ONLY! I dont know jack about modding so i'm hopping someone could make one? Or perhaps someone is just as awesomeminded as I and already have it up and running!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Ishan; August 15, 2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: double post

Default Re: Monk sashimono mod!

bump

Default Any suggestions on what mods to use?

Hello everyone, I've decided to give Shogun 2 another go to bring me back in the mood for TW games while waiting for Rome 2. I've played the standard game when it was released so I'm somewhat familiar with the vanilla gameplay but seeing that now so many mods have been created I'm asking for advice on what mods to download and what mods work well together and without conflicts. I'm mainly looking for mods that improve the gameplay but visuals and new content should be interesting too.

Thanks to everyone who's taking the time to give me some ideas!

Also I have the STEAM version, is it better to get the mods from the workshop or to download and install them manually?

Senator

Default Re: Any suggestions on what mods to use?

DarthMod is the most "finished", or Radious' mods, but those will be harder to install. You can use All Clans Playable with DarthMod to get a pretty good experience playing with any clan. There are others which change the game a lot (but not necessarily for the better), TROM is a good one, but I think DarthMod is the best. It's pretty much flawless.

Download them either way, up to you. Doesn't really make a difference, I've always done them manually.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

I too vote for DarthMod. It helps a great deal for a better economy, and has tons of options. I never play shogun 2 without it. Unfortunately Shogun 2 doesn't have that many mods. So much for "most moddable game", right Mr. Lusted?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    I too vote for DarthMod. It helps a great deal for a better economy, and has tons of options. I never play shogun 2 without it. Unfortunately Shogun 2 doesn't have that many mods. So much for "most moddable game", right Mr. Lusted?
    Most moddable != Most modded.
    But I'm sure you knew that, Mr. Hoplite of Ilis?

I like mods that increase the food supply, so you have more flexibility in farms and castles.

Personally I don't like Radious mod, as all the vanilla units are utter garbage, and his own units are far superior to anything else. Also you need a good computer, or play on small unit sizes, as even early game battles will consist of 1000's of troops. It also makes Ashigaru useless generally, as all samurai are 1 turn recruits. His mod has some cool units, but it just seems to turn the game into a spamfest.

I have never tried Darth Mod, so I can't comment on that at all.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Chranny View Post
    Most moddable != Most modded.
    But I'm sure you knew that, Mr. Hoplite of Ilis?
    Damn! Did I make a mistake? Guilty as charged