Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    That's a kingdoms set value - only the siege_tower_size values were adjusted in this file to match ladders\towers to wall height.
    Ah, okay, thank you.
    Basically I appreciate bigger and more mighty walls. Unfortunately, the problem is that my settlements are now safe from Timurids.....
    The on elephants mounted cannons are no longer able to destroy city walls. A fully equiped citadel is not attacked at all.
    I wonder that apparently I 'm the 1st one who noticed that.
    Last edited by Granatenwerfer; November 08, 2016 at 05:02 AM.

I like Bare Geomod very much. It is awesome that some bugs of the basic version of the games are history now.
    For example: I found out that children even inherit the traits of her dad if the father is already dead. In the basic version of the game, when coming of age, the child inherits dad's traits only when the father was still alive. This is great, because I can be relaxed more in finding a bride for a general and getting progreny to him.

I have a question: I modified the EDCT. I know I can't do it with Notepad, so I use Notepad++, which is able to recognise ASCII. Hence I'm quite sure I did not damage the EDCT. In my latest game I destroyed faction Poland, but neither my king nor my destroying general got a point in FactionKiller. The trigger
    Code:
    Trigger achievement_destroyed_faction
        WhenToTest LeaderDestroyedFaction

Affects FactionKiller  1  Chance  100
    does not seem to work.
    I looked up in the extensive log, but I could not find that trigger. I neither found this trigger nor an error message. Why did that trigger not firing? As it worked with medieval2.exe I ask me if such triggers are off in kingdoms.exe?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

LeaderDestroyedFaction is one of the condition that doesn't work.

LeaderDestroyedFaction is one of the condition that doesn't work.
    Thank you very much.

Blog Entries

I want to have an AVH Americas mod, but every time i run it, it CTDs and the error log says:12:25:23.572 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 15173, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'Mexican_Priest'.
    Why is this happening?

Blog Entries

Because the modelDB file your mod uses (it hasn't got one, I guess, and therefore uses the default one) does not include that model. You will need to unpack the americas campaign and then copy the file.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

gigantius can I make 2 requests for this mod?
    1 caan you include the special model faction leaders get in the kingdoms campaings including those who never had such a model like france for example
    1.1 dont use for spain the FL model they get in the americas campang just copypaste the model of orther chatolic european leaders
    2 can you fix you fg file and set this line to 0 under the hotseat section vallidate_date = 1
    also put a semi-colon before this line since this also plays a role in the problem
    allow_validation_failures = 0
    it prevents changes made to the game to be savegame combitable

thank you very much in advance
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Blog Entries

1. This isn't really within the framework that I compiled Bare Geomod for - there are detailed tutorials around for just that occasion.
    2. I am going to ask the hot seat guys about it and will implement the changed settings if confirmed.

Citizen

1. This isn't really within the framework that I compiled Bare Geomod for - there are detailed tutorials around for just that occasion.
    2. I am going to ask the hot seat guys about it and will implement the changed settings if confirmed.
    thanks for the answer

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Blog Entries

Minor update:

- Converted all files to lowercase for Linux\Mac use

Citizen

Minor update:

- Converted all files to lowercase for Linux\Mac use
    thanks
    also no response from the hotaeat guys on the Issuse I raised?

Blog Entries

Bare Geomod's CFG settings:

Code:
    [multiplayer]
    playable = 1                        # multi player enabled
    factions = 1                        # first faction selected as default

[hotseat]
    passwords = 0                        # use individual passwords for players
    turns = 0                            # force separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    autoresolve_battles = 1                # force autoresolve for all battles in hotseat campaign
    disable_console = 0                    # disable console in hotseat campaign.
    disable_papal_elections = 1            # disable voting in papal  elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    save_prefs = 1                        # force relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    save_config = 1                        # save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    update_ai_camera = 1                # enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    validate_diplomacy = 1                # enable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    scroll = 0                            # show start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    admin_password = password             # specify password for  administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change  'password' to a suitable password
    autosave = 1                        # autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    close_after_save = 0                # close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    gamename = hotseat_gamename            # sub directory name for hotseat save games
    validate_data = 1                    # ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files
    allow_validation_failures = 0        # prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    Response:
    Very important is validate data, and allow validation failures. It allows ppl use different versions of mod to play the same hotseat/save, what could be possibly used for cheating. You ve got that set up properly. The rest seems also good. Tho its better to use passwords.

We have guide here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...f-Guide-Admins
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 13, 2017 at 07:31 PM.

Citizen

Bare Geomod's CFG settings:

Code:
    [multiplayer]
    playable = 1                        # multi player enabled
    factions = 1                        # first faction selected as default

[hotseat]
    passwords = 0                        # use individual passwords for players
    turns = 0                            # force separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    autoresolve_battles = 1                # force autoresolve for all battles in hotseat campaign
    disable_console = 0                    # disable console in hotseat campaign.
    disable_papal_elections = 1            # disable voting in papal  elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    save_prefs = 1                        # force relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    save_config = 1                        # save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    update_ai_camera = 1                # enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    validate_diplomacy = 1                # enable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    scroll = 0                            # show start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    admin_password = password             # specify password for  administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change  'password' to a suitable password
    autosave = 1                        # autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    close_after_save = 0                # close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    gamename = hotseat_gamename            # sub directory name for hotseat save games
    validate_data = 1                    # ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files
    allow_validation_failures = 0        # prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    Response:
    so I have to disable the setting myself if I want my modficatios to be save game combitable?
    ah well okay then

Blog Entries

That is correct, the present setting is for competitions were this is standard so that it is not possible to modify game files to one's advantage.

Citizen

That is correct, the present setting is for competitions were this is standard so that it is not possible to modify game files to one's advantage.
    I see but this is meant to be a base for modding right? than why make modfications not save-game combitable?
    and please dont take it the wrong way I am merely questioning you line of reasoning

Blog Entries

Hotseats are played with a specific version of a mod so that every player has exactly the same conditions - this setting enforces this. That has nothing to do with save game compatibility but with competitiveness - disabling the setting will make it possible to edit files after the start of the game which can easily be misused for cheating.

Hotseat settings do not affect single player games.

Citizen

Hotseats are played with a specific version of a mod so that every player has exactly the same conditions - this setting enforces this. That has nothing to do with save game compatibility but with competitiveness - disabling the setting will make it possible to edit files after the start of the game which can easily be misused for cheating.

Hotseat settings do not affect single player games.
    I understand about hotseat no worries
    seems we are having misunderstandings
    I think my next sentence will explain better what I mean

in regards to the last sentence they do if I keep them enabled and modfy the numer of men for a uint for example then start an SP camping it crashes because of the aformentioned seting
    l learnt this the hard way whit call of warhammer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    in regards to the last sentence they do if I keep them enabled and modfy the numer of men for a uint for example then start an SP camping it crashes because of the aformentioned seting
    l learnt this the hard way whit call of warhammer
    Are you talking about a crash after modifying the EDU entry? That will be a problem with the entry, the hotseat CFG setting will not have an influence on it. At least I have not come across anything like you describe and I have been modding files for ages with that hotseat setting.

Did you use a save after you changed the setting? That would have a high probability of crashing.

Hello,

I made changes with the geomod map editor on bare geomod, validated and saved. When I started a new campaign, no changes were displayed, everything stayed unmodded. I used this tool a few years ago and worked for me with no problem. Now I have no idea why not. Could somebody help me please?