Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: The Ancillary Guide

Maleficus's Avatar Civis

Default Re: How To: The Ancillary Guide

Good tutorial, will come in handy no doubt, as I do like to make the odd small change myself.

This has left me with a question, though....

You've said that 'Is transferable 0' relates to whether or not the ancillary is transferable, but you haven't specified whether '0' means transferable or non-transferable. Or what the opposite is (I'm guessing it's '1').

So, ummm..... ??

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

0 is non-transferable, 1 is transferable.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Maleficus's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    0 is non-transferable, 1 is transferable.

Great. Thanks for clarifying

Hi,

im playing divide and conquer and i want to add some ancillaries. I previously did it with third age total war using the method discribed above but with this mod it dont work. On top of de export_desc_anc.txt, it say that i must modify the spreadsheet instead the txt file itself. What does that mean?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Ignore that. The guys from CA had a spreadsheet to develop those ancillaries. It is simply an internal note for the developers of CA. Proceed as you did with TATW.

I did and it dont work more!

Blog Entries

Then you made a mistake somewhere. The log should give more detail about the error.

it dont ctd, the ancillarie just dont appear. Trigger him to appear easily but...

Blog Entries

Copy the lines of the trait and the trigger(s) here and we can have a look.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

there are a few triggers that are bugged (= don't work..)
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

thanks for this great tutorial Swagger! plus rep!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Hi guys. How many effects can a certain ancillary have? Is there any limit? Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is any limit to it never read about it anywhere.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks for answering.

- can an ancillary be destroyed ? like ,drag-drop outside the screen ? or only passed on ?
    - can an ancillary substitute another ? like,having the anc1 and after fulfilling certain conditions getting the anc2 but loosing the first one ?

if yes ,could you provide some examples on how to do these ?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    - can an ancillary be destroyed ? like ,drag-drop outside the screen ? or only passed on ?
    - can an ancillary substitute another ? like,having the anc1 and after fulfilling certain conditions getting the anc2 but loosing the first one ?

if yes ,could you provide some examples on how to do these ?
    Drag and rop works on characters when they are in same settlement and if i remember correctly if it's transferable then drag on the strap map just makes it vanish not sure about this though.

And no i don't think you can substitute ancs for that you have to remove the previous one which can be done only for starting characters whose name you know.

so ,if for example, one was to make an "anc chain" ..lets say for third age.. for a certain starting character..lets say aragorn ..could it be done ?

1. lets say ,that aragorn a starting character begins with a "shards of narsil" anc1 (it would be a broken sword) can he later on
    -get a "narsil reforged" anc2 but loosing the previous one (as keeping both wouldn't make sense) ? kinna like an upgrade.. (or ,even though doesn't fit the example,could be a way to switch off a previous one..)
    if yes how do you code it ? just put as condition having the previous one,along with the other conditions ? (if he didn't exactly start with the anc1 but got it later on the way ..could the substitution occur the same ? or is it obbligatory to start with anc1 in order to "upgrade" it to anc2 ? )

2. can,having an anc1 exclude the getting an anc2 ? kinna like a negative trigger..

3. just tried to "destroy" an anc by droping it into the map..but it couldn't be done .. is there any possible way to "abolish" (other than passing em on) ancillaries ..has anyone done it ?

ps..thanks for answering! could you please take a look at the "heroes abilities"
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    thread too and give some answer if you're familiar with the subject ?
    (unfortunately,the tutorials section isn't that much "supported" ..)
    Last edited by Noobio; April 23, 2011 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    I have a couple questions:
    1. If I alter an ancillary, do I have to do anything to the bin file, or does it automatically update? Do I need a bin editor?

2. If add an ancillary, do I have to do anything to the bin file, or does it automatically update?
    If you make changes in the export_ancillaries in the data\text file then it automatically updates it's relevant .bin file when you start the game you don't have to delete them every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    3. I'd like a way to get rid of ancillaries other than making them transferable. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your replies.
    No there is no way except the console command either via console or script but for that you need to know the exact name of the character in advance so not really worth getting into.

Hi guys! Here is a rookie question. I understand that small changes, such as triggers, odds etc can be save game compatible, but would this be the case with adding a brand new ancillary? An idea came up in my SS6.3 AAR to implement a new ancillary. If it is save game compatible, I'd try to create it and then add it to a specific character via the consol.
    Thanks!

Edit: I may have found the answer. So new ones should come at the end of the anc, trigger and desc lists, right?

Just for the sake of fun, I tried to create the script. Could somebody please point out the obvious mistakes?

TRAIT
    ;------------------------------------------
    Ancillary Grand_Duke_of_Azaq
    Type Military
    Transferable 1
    Image gda.tga
    ExcludeCultures northern_european, middle_eastern, southern_european, greek, mesoamerican
    Description Grand_Duke_of_Azaq_desc
    EffectsDescription Grand_Duke_of_Azaq_effects_desc
    Effect Authority 2
    Effect Command 3
    Effect Law 1
    Effect LocalPopularity 2

TRIGGER*
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Grand_Duke_of_Azaq_trigger
    WhenToTest FatherDiesNatural
    Condition FatherAnc Grand_Duke_of_Azaq
    and FactionType kievan_rus
    and I_SettlementOwner Azaq = kievan_rus

AcquireAncillary Grand_Duke_of_Azaq chance 100

DESCR
    {Grand_Duke_of_Azaq} The Grand Duke of Azaq
    {Grand_Duke_of_Azaq_desc} This man now governs an independent principality established around Azaq, the rich seaport. The Grand Prince of the Kievan Rus is not his master anymore, he has become a force on his own.
    {Grand_Duke_of_Azaq_effects_desc} +2 Authority, +3 Command, +1 Law, +2 to popularity

* What happens when the father is killed in battle? Would the son still get the anc? I could not find a condition like "FatherKilledInBattle" or something like that.
    Last edited by Radzeer; May 06, 2011 at 02:54 PM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

No, the father does not die a natural death in battle so he won't get the ancillary. There's no easy way to do it. You might be able to make something work using scripting. I'd suggest a search as this has been asked recently but I can't remember where.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast