Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regional Descriptions: Help the EBII Team

Default Re: HELP THE EB TEAM! PROVINCE DESCRIPTION THREAD!

Which provinces would you like help grammar checking I started doing the Indian one but another person was already on it

Go to the org thread linked in startING post and post there. Somone will answer
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

this should be stickied and have the same content (updated) with the Org thread.
    Last edited by Kranos; May 15, 2015 at 07:32 AM.

Stuck. And updated with Org page info (that I updated as well, though only with what I know which might not be completely up to date)
    Last edited by Josh Mahurin; May 15, 2015 at 03:52 PM.
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do."
    ~Voltaire

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Regional Descriptions: Help the EBII Team

Hi guys. I'm not sure how much more help you really need, but my university library has an excellent source that might be of use:

Hammond, Nicholas G. L. (ed), Atlas of the Greek and Roman world in antiquity (Park Ridge, N.J.: Noyes Press, 1981).

As a current PhD student, I'm doing loads of research at the moment, but perhaps I could take a peek at this book if you guys still need the help.

Darkan's Avatar Senator

Read the OP and maybe go over to the .org as well, the link is also in the OP. See any descriptions that are missing and/or talk to people there as to priority. Good luck!
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

Yes we still need plenty of help
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do."
    ~Voltaire

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Cool. I can head by the library on Wednesday and have a look at this book. Cheers.

I have written strategy sections for a number of provinces which didn't have them, especially provinces which previously had nothing written in the province description building now at least have a strat section. I've added strat sections to the following areas: most of the balkans north of Hellas, Germania and the Saka core territories north of the Syr Darya. I've also added onto Widura's, Galatia's and Varustana's existing strat sections because they were not very informative to a player.

A comprehensive list of added strategy sections thus far
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Eramiski
    Kottinon
    Widura
    Duron
    Raurikon
    Moenon
    Ermunahaimaz
    Ingwingoz
    Skanelendo
    Varustana
    Pannonia
    Histria
    Dalmatia
    Illyria
    Dardanoia
    Odrysai
    Getia
    Getia Koile
    Landa Skordiskoi
    Mikra Skythia
    Thraikia Hypertera
    Galatia
    Kangha
    Skythia
    Dahyu Haomavarga
    Sakanu Gara
    Arshishi Yapoy

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Hello!

Though recently I haven't much time but I would willingly help to make regional descreptions. I graduated as historian at the University of Pécs Hungary. I could help mainly in the case of the Pannonian and Illyrian inhabited regions' descreption and Hellenized Balkan, Asia Minor as well. All of the main sources I have at home ... Strabo, Pausanias and many-many other historical works (Polybios, Appianos etc.)

I was reading the regional description of Kush (South of Egypt), and there seems to be a word missing.

at the "People, Society and Goverment" section, 7 lines down, it says:

"Furthermore, Nubians were renowned for their The religion of the ancient Nubians shared many characteristics..."

I think a word is missing somewhere... Do people know what the Nubians were renowned for?

Unfortunately province descriptions are still in a very WIP state right now. They are fairly low priority too, as their grammatical issues aren't as important as fixing other mechanics, which is why fan support for these descriptions can be so useful . Thanks for pointing the error out, anyhow!

The_Praetor's Avatar Foederatus

Hey Genghis Skahn, I'd love to help out with this stuff. I'm not a half bad writer and I love history, I might not have some of the credentials of others but I'm always willing to be challenged, whether it be with a completely blank province or filling in some missing sections I'm game!

Here is a map of what is done so far.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?144054-Regional-Descriptions-Help-the-EBII-Team/page14

Hey Genghis Skahn, I'd love to help out with this stuff. I'm not a half bad writer and I love history, I might not have some of the credentials of others but I'm always willing to be challenged, whether it be with a completely blank province or filling in some missing sections I'm game!
    Hello!

Though recently I haven't much time but I would willingly help to make regional descreptions. I graduated as historian at the University of Pécs Hungary. I could help mainly in the case of the Pannonian and Illyrian inhabited regions' descreption and Hellenized Balkan, Asia Minor as well. All of the main sources I have at home ... Strabo, Pausanias and many-many other historical works (Polybios, Appianos etc.)
    This should help you guys choose a province.
    Last edited by Mantaprey; January 12, 2017 at 01:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12