Thread: When will this mod come out?

Default When will this mod come out?

First of all, is there a release date for this? Which year does this start in, and is there a campaign, or is it just battles like TWTEAW?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: When will this mod come out?

The first versions will be just battles as we don't have a startpos modder. There is no release date (I will never fix one), but we hope to do something pretty immenantly.

We have hit a snag in that our only current modeler jumped ship last week without a word or indeed any warning and took the work he'd done so far with him. Ergo, the mod doesn't have as many new models as we would have liked, but the AI is 99% done, and the models we've been given permission to use from other mods are filling a number of the gaps. We'll just have to get a new modeller to help out.
    Last edited by Tango12345; June 07, 2015 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    The first versions will be just battles as we don't have a startpos modder. There is no release date (I will never fix one), but we hope to do something pretty immenantly.

We have hit a snag in that our only current modeler jumped ship last week without a word or indeed any warning and took the work he'd done so far with him. Ergo, the mod doesn't have as many new models as we would have liked, but the AI is 99% done, and the models we've been given permission to use from other mods are filling a number of th
    So there isn't going to be a campaign?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Not yet no, but there will be eventually. It will run from 1865-1914 at 4 turns per year.
    Last edited by Tango12345; June 07, 2015 at 04:59 PM.

Can't wait for campaign !!! 1865-1914 sounds perfect. Too bad ETW doesn't include map of all of Africa...

I actually discovered that the entire world is already in the game; you just need some special tools to make them visible. Furthermore, you can actually make impassable regions passable (as that Russian Khiva mod and the Imperial Destroyer Mod have shown), meaning adding in Africa, Asia, etc. is a distinct, albeit very, very distant possibility.

In the meantime, I've sworn to hone in my startpos modding skills so I can join this modding team one day. So far, I've learned how to change the date and province ownership, and I'm in the process of learning how to switch armies. Of course, I'm a relative noob at this, and thus applying will have to wait for some time.
    Last edited by Midnight-Blue766; June 10, 2015 at 05:33 PM.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-Blue766 View Post
    I actually discovered that the entire world is already in the game; you just need some special tools to make them visible. Furthermore, you can actually make impassable regions passable (as that Russian Khiva mod and the Imperial Destroyer Mod have shown), meaning adding in Africa, Asia, etc. is a distinct, albeit very, very distant possibility.
    I hope it is possible!

I hope that we can add new regions.